Pittsburgh PA haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh PA haunts

My wife and I will be in Pittsburgh October 16th, 17th, and 18th. Thru recommendations by customers of ours, and friends, we came up with the list below that we are going to visit. Are their any other haunts that we need to put on our "must see" list for the weekend?

Hundred Acres Manor

Castle Blood

The Scarehouse

Freddy's Haunts

Rich's Fright Farm
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Yeah, Terror Behing the Walls at Eastern State Penn in Philly!
    The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

Terror behind the walls is on my list when we actually go to Philadelphia, but since that is on the other side of the state, we won't be making it there this time.

Thanks
      Brian Warner

Comment

Jason's woods in Lancaster is pretty good also.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thank you Allen. Unfortunately that is also on the opposite side of the state from where we will be.
          Brian Warner

Comment

eastern part of the state of pennsylvania

BATES MOTEL should be first on the list.

Comment

WHAT ???? No DEMON HOUSE ?????

what a dissapointment !!!!! (lol!)

Comment

We will be pleased to see you.

If I'm not out front when you get here, please ask for Prof Scrye, and he'll take good care of you.

we and rich's are south of the city, so if you get to us early, we'll get you directions to go down to rich's from us ( still 45 minutes south) but you can do both in one night

I think you can do scare house and 100 acre in the same night, if you get an early start as well.
                Gravely MacCabre
                aka Ricky Dick
                Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
                and
                Midnight Monster Hop
                Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
                www.castleblood.com
                www.midnightmonsterhop.com
                www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
                Lifetime achievement award winner
                International Costumers Guild

Comment

I will be sure to do that when I get to Castle Blood.

Thanks.
                  Brian Warner

Comment

Hundred Acres Manor most definitly they have an amazing staff there that really pushes the limit to take good care of their guests. Plus their haunt is friggin amazing!

Jackie
                    Rotting Flesh Radio
                    “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

you said "WIFE" awesome!!!!
                      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Happy to be of service, Brian. Also, thanks for putting us on the list!

Chris/Scrye

PS--For those keeping score, Bates Motel is also in the Philadelphia area. I know that Chuck knows where Bates Motel is in relation to Pittsburgh, but others may have missed his subheading.
                        Last edited by scrye; 10-07-2009, 10:30 PM. Reason: Missed a few words.

Comment

Well, we survived. Normally, as a vendor, I avoid reviewing haunts, but in this case I think I must.

On Friday night,

Our first stop was Scarehouse. It was a really good show. Their sets had a lot of detail, the actors were good, and the wait wasn't too bad, only about a half hour (it was early).

Our second stop was Freddy's Haunt in Aliquippa. What can I say ........

On Saturday night,

Our first stop was Castle Blood. WOW. We were met with such hospitality, and an amazing event unlike any other attraction we have been too. This is the most theatrical, acting based haunt we've seen. It's more like a completely interactive theater show, but it's really fun, and I even jumped once. Which is saying something for me, I am very hard to scare after working on so many haunts. Thank you very much to everyone at the event, especially Gravely MacCabre
                          aka Ricky Dick, Prof. Scrye aka Chris, and the nice woman selling t-shirts who sang us a honeymoon song. You guys were awesome. *forgot to mention that the costumes rival anything I have seen, at pretty much any other haunt*

Our second stop was Hundred Acres Manor. Thank you very much Brandon for giving up so much of your time for us to really get to see your show. Hundred Acres has a very interesting story about the building and grounds on which it is built, and thus some very intersting natural set work. The 5000 gallon pool of acid green water spilling from over head on the catwalk is awesome. The whole event is great, good scenes, good actors, concessions, everything. We just happened to be their on the same night as Badger from Rotting Flesh Radio, and a bunch of guest actors from other events. We did however get stuck in the mud of the parking lot, but luckily Brandon was more than willing to get dirty and push us out, thanks!
                          Last edited by gadget-evilusions; 10-19-2009, 10:31 AM.
                          Brian Warner

Comment

It was great seeing you guys and congrats again on the nupitals. I'm sending your testimonial to Jonathan from RFR today. He might just put it on the next RFR...

:-D
                            http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Thanks for the kudos! You should have let us know you were here, we would have given you the same RIP treatment we gave Ben and other super-cool visitors. I totally forgot you were coming out until I saw it on the boards after the fact, sorry about that.
                              Scott Simmons
                              The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
                              http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Working...
                              X