Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rob Zombie directing the next Halloween flick....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Zombie directing the next Halloween flick....

Sorry if this has been posted already but Dimension Films has announced Rob Zombie will write, direct, co-produce and supervise music for the next Halloween film, which he describes as a Remake-Prequel. Im not sure how I feel about this as a HUGE Michael Myers fan. Nothing against Rob Zombie but this film is a classic, and The Devils Rejects and House of 1000 corpses does not come ANYWHERE close!!! What do you guys think? You can check it out at www.halloweenmovies.com
    ALBANYFRIGHTNIGHTS.COM-THE WEBSITE OF THE SCARIEST SHOW IN SOUTH GEORGIA!!!!

Rob Zombie's movies tend to be great looking, highly-stylized flicks with great characters, awesome soundtracks, and ridiculous plots.

I predict Rob Zombie will either completely revitalize the Halloween series or put the final nail in it's coffin.

It's a win-win situation!
    Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Haunter112, sounds like you are not a Michael Myers fan?

Comment

Yeah its a odd one.

Robs style just doesnt to me seem to suit the Halloween style.

But hey i could be wrong, i guess we will see next year!

Comment

It will be hard, IMHO, to beat Harry Manfredini's soundtracks
          in the original.

His work is utter genius.
          Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Actually I'm a huge fan of Michael Myers. I'm just not a big fan of the goofy satanist/cult crap that got layered on in the later sequels. The series got a shot in the arm with Jamie Lee Curtis' return in H20 but the follow-up seemed more like a horror spoof than an actual horror movie.

Sorry, Virgil. Harry Manfredini (Friday the 13th) is an awesome composer but it was Director John Carpenter that composed the music for the original HALLOWEEN. The infamous "deet deet dit deet deet dit deet dit deet dit" synth rhythm was actually inspired by a latin-jazz hand drum exercise that Carpenter learned as a teenager.
            Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Gotta love where to pull inspirations for music in general. The two wierdest I ever had were pulled out of dreams, and then an experiment a guy did with dolphin speech, slowing it down and hitting piano melodies from the resultants. The music is quite lonely, it speaks of another time and place.
              The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

DOH!!

Got my low budget wires crossed!!
                Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Im with ya there, Haunter112. I did not care for the whole "Thorn"thing and was glad when they scrapped it for H20. Halloween series should only consist of 1, 2, H20, and Resurrection,IMO. I am pessimistic about Rob Zombie's version of my favorite classic of all time only because Ive seen his other film work. It compares to taking a low budget film maker that does straight to DVD movies and asking him to remake the original Gone with the Wind or Chariots of Fire. I guess we'll see and Im keeping my fingers crossed that he doesnt redesign Michael Myers.

Comment

Actually I thought Part IV started off good and then kind of ran out of steam. Maybe I was just happy to see Michael Myers return.

Also, Part III (Season of the Witch) isn't a bad horror movie but it's not really a "Halloween" movie, is it?

I'm gonna keep an open mind when it comes to Mr. Zombie. He's really good at re-creating that late 70s time period that birthed the original Halloween.

He may surprise us.
                    Guerilla Haunter

Comment

That's what I was saying in the other thread. I don't really think Zombie will be right for this franchise, and his movies so far in my opinion were pretty lame and not very original.
                      As for the thorn concept, I loved it. It gave a strong and ancient back story to the character. H2O was the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen. It was so bad in fact that I still haven't seen the latest Halloween movie for fear that I'll never want to watch any of them again. The problem isn't the thorn idea, the problem is bringing in rappers like LL Cool J and Busta Rymes for the kids sake, and then actually having them live throughout the movie. Since when would Myers knock on a window or door to distract a security gaurd? In the past he would have just killed him, even if it was a famous rapper. That's why many horror movies suck these days. It's a horror movie not a music video. I fear that Zombie will do with this film that he did on his others, base it on a spin off of the Texas Chainsaw massacre story....

I guess we'll see what happens.

Comment

I am a HUGE Michael Myers fan. However, the only movie worth watching is the original. Hopefully Rob Zombie will give the series the kick in the ass that it needs. **SPOILER ALERT** Michael will get a new mask in Rob's movie. It will be pretty much the same except for red streaks of blood all over it.
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I know this topic is pretty old but, I just saw Rob Zombie Thursday night at Red Rocks. Great show by the way. While waiting for his set to start they were playing the Halloween theme. It had a little different sound to it so I assume it is from his remake. It was pretty cool.
                          Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

I did love House of 1,000 Corpses but only because it was a visual feast!

Unfortunately the plot tried to do too much, there were too many holes in the story i.e. why kill any of them if Doctor Satan wanted them alive?, there wasn't as single scary moment - the quick pace and quick cuts didn't build up any tension or suspense, you didn't really get to know the characters or understand the relationships and as the film progressed it felt like coming into another movie half way tr

I liked it but I did find it camper than Christmas and very funny.

I hope he keeps the suspense of the original Halloween and doesn't turn it into a comedy-cabaret

Comment

HALLOWEEN 6 THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS- THE DIRECTOR'S CUT=AVAILABLE ON BOOTLEG ONLY (SO FAR) HARD TO GET, WORTH EVERY EXTRA MINUTE (ALL 84 OF THEM) JUST GET IT. YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                              X