BLOODY MARY/CRAZY BOB CRUISE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLOODY MARY/CRAZY BOB CRUISE

hey everyone, i just got back from one of the best times i have ever had in my entire life...7 full days of relaxation and hanging out with other haunters while at exotic ports of call...the best thing is you actually get to spend quality time with the people...when at the trade shows, you have to party it up with your comrades after the show closes and you are tired, not here...stay up all night, drink and eat all day, bask in the sun while looking at a ton of bikini clad females....not a whole lot comes close to competing with that in my book....we also got a special treat while on board...we got to talk to a very special comedian (whose name escapes me right now) but he was a member in IAHA...you all may know him as kronedaddy...let me tell you he is hilarious...
    i just want to thank both bobbie weiner, bob turner and all the other haunters that attended and made the trip so much fun...if you havent gone and if you have the time and money i endorse it totally...it was money well spent...i am already looking forward to next years trip...
    i will see you all at transworld in february...stop by and see us at our booths #336 & #338...we have some new cool and exciting stuff to show ya....

todd poole
    screamline studios

Who all went? How many people?

Yes I know Kronedaddy... he works on cruise ships!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Did you get any pictures of granny on the beach or granny playing a mean game of shuffle board? lol
      Sounds like fun. I'd love to get Wendy to do it, but she won't take the time off from teaching for anything fun.
      sigpic
      Louis Brown
      Owner, operator, and dish washer
      at
      DarkWood Manor

Comment

there was just over 50 people i think larry...too many to list but it included owners, operaters, actors/actresses, makeup artists, props makers, significant others and family members of all those people...kronedaddy works on the cruise ships...i dont know for how long, but he was on our ship...it really was a treat....he came down after the show and talked for a while after his set...he had us rolling in the aisles...
        granny didnt make the trip lurker...brandi did though...but that is a story for another time....lol...granny couldnt make it...it seems she is a little self conscious about the way her body looks...she couldnt find a bikini that would look good on her...and she said something about she had something goin with jonathan from RFR...something about a segment on his podcast...i think it may be something a little more serious but i am not goin to start any rumors...lol...
        as soon as i get the pics posted up somewhere i will throw the link up here...actually i have to go through them and get rid of all the "dirty" pics...lol...what happens on the cruise stays on the cruise...lol...
        hey lurker, tell wendy to take some time off and have some fun...i hope she is recovering well...take care guys....

todd poole
        screamline studios

Comment

Welcome Back Todd, glad to hear it went well! non of that dreaded cruise ship food poisioning and what not!
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Todd,

You made me envious that I couldn't attend this year (all good reason though, my 6 month old princess is enough to stay home), but man you were making me wish I woulds have gone.

I can't wait to see pix from this years cruise.

Also, for all of you who love "GRANNY" we have a new segment coming to RFR called "Ask Granny" so it will be a hoot.

NExt year I am so on the cruise.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
            http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
            "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
            http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Complete Cruise Info...

The 5th annual “Bloody Mary/Crazy Bob” Haunter’s Fun Cruise was phenomenal again this year…! The weather was definitely the BEST ever! To all the past cruisers… Bobbie and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for joining us again this year and for all the NEWBIES… Rock-on… it was so nice to get to know you. Seven days gave us all that much more time to network, learn at the workshops, compete in the competitions, have fun on the ship, explore the exotic islands, relax and of course EAT… ha/ha!

Congratulations goes out to the WEREWOLF team for competing in all the fun events and eventually claiming the top spot with this years Team Challenge. The team consisted of: Captain: Kimmy Yates – Kim’s Krypt, Angela Cioka, Mark Wenger, Jim and Marty Smith, Russ and Cheryl Fowler, Rita Weidenger and Teresa Myers. A very close second was the VAMPIRE team captained by Todd Poole of Screamline Studios!

The VAMPIRE team won the makeup competition this year hands down with Todd Poole being transformed into an very bizarre alien looking creature by team make-up artists: Cary Smith and Gerri Wisniewski (G-Wiz) from Niles Haunted Scream Park.

The cruise always includes some unique educational workshops and this year was no exception… featuring: “Marketing Madness” offering some wonderful tips and ideas on promoting your haunt and a “Haunter-taining Workshop” discussing queue line design and entertaining as well as crowd control, etc…

Some of the award winning creations for the annual Costume and Masquerade Party were… Matt, Denna, Carol and Brandon Williams dressed up as Aliens on vacation (truly funny and totally creative!), Cheryl Fowler as an unpronounceable witch doctor character, Jim Smith dressed up as his signature JUICE character portrayed as “Juice Heffner” with his 3 DEAD bunny’s form the 40’s – 60’s, Lady Morgana and Madness (her pet) alias: Tim and Ann Marie Gavinski, and many, many more that my sunburned body and slightly inebriated mind can not remember… was trying to tally the teams points under a time crunch to form our conga line… sorry, if I did not mention your name here…

Congratulations to KIMMY YATES – www.kimskrypt.com for winning the ship wide LEGENDS competition and actually performing on stage as Madonna singing her infamous “Like a Virgin” song along with about 9 other cruisers who performed songs from artists like Elvis to Britany Spears to Garth Brooks to name a few… SHE WAS AWESOME… even got the chance to play drums and teach “Cool Runnings” the hired Calypso Band a new song…. “Wipe Out”!

Next years cruise looks to be another 7-dayer going out of Long Beach, CA…same January time-frame… visiting Cabo San Lucas, Puerta Vallerta and Mazatlan…. Bobbie will have details at the TWE show and posted on her site soon www.dearbloodymary.com I cannot tell you how many hundreds of people we talk to every year at the shows and online that say they want to do this… don’t just say you want to do it… make this year, the year you ACTUALLY put your money where your mouth is and DO IT! Not only is it immense fun and rewarding relaxation… but it can be a business write off as well… there is enough educational activities on board to qualify for this…

Thanks again to one and all for joining us….!

Beth and Bob Turner

P.S. - Todd and all... the comedians name was Tim Harkelroad and he actually has a "how-to" haunted book that he wrote as well and still does the cruise ships (gone about 47 weeks a year working them) as well as runs his Krone House haunted event in Tennessee... he was SO happy that he hooked up with us this year!

Comment

thanks for filling in the blanks bob...i didnt have the info in front of me, and i dont know when i am going to be able to search through my suitcase to get it....heck, maybe i will just stay packed and live out of my suitcase till the next cruise....

todd

Comment

KroneDaddy? I heard he sucks! Oh wait, that's me...

great having Crazy Bob & Beth, and Bloody "Bobbie" Mary and the gang on board. I had just missed them on other ships, since most of the haunt cruises have been on my line Carnival.

I had a blast meeting everyone, and hope they enjoyed the shows. I have been 23 years with Carnival, and just finished doing a different ship the Carnival Liberty, on the Tim McGraw Country Cruise Getaway. Tim McGraw, Bill Engvall, Neal McCoy, etc.

Never even caught a glimpse of McGraw, I was on while he was in different lounges, Bill Engvall was on the night before I got there. I met McCoy but missed his show. Oh well. I had more fun with the haunters, met some nice people. I recommend it next year, hope my schedule synchs up next year too.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments.

Timmy
                  Hauntus Emeritus
                  Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                  Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

hey tim it was a pleasure meeting you....do you do any other shows besides on carnival...i hope your schedule syncs up too....would be great if you could entertain us again in 08...hope to see you at some of the tradeshows...take care

todd

screamline studios

Comment

Working...
                    X