Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Buzzsaw Trailer

Our first edition of the trailer for this year, still tweaking it a little

Any thoughts on the good the bad and the ugly on this trailer?

Comment

Just my 2 cents

I thought it was looking pretty good. Looking pretty realistic. Especially with the cutting of the legs. The only thing I did think "bad"was the actors just needed to be more bloody around the hands and body. Maybe even have blood squirting as you cut. The female that came out to stab, needed to be little more relaxed, she looked awkward when she first started stabbing. But that was very minor. I thought you did a good job!
      ~WelchWitch

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

It was the first time for my friend acting and only my second. Both of us were a little stiff I think (that's what she said).

I asked our video guy to be creative with the acting scenes and use some double images, quicker clips, grainy effect to try to hide my poor acting.

I was pleased with our patient props, they turned out pretty good. In the dark during operation I think they will be very effective.

I hope to have a better clip today.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, it looked good. I think you guys did a great job. Most important rule to acting is just relax and have fun. Come over to your dark side. I do not think you have to be an experienced actor to portray scary. I tell anyone I work with who is new at this to just do what you know would freak yourself out and give it back to them. Work from your inner fear of something and bring it out and work from there. Some of the best actors I work with now are ones that are newbies in the industry. They have this inner strength and raw talent that could put a lot of us seasoned people to shame. Look forward to seeing the next clip.
          ~WelchWitch

Comment

nice effort though.....but to me the props looked fake due to the lighting. we all obviously understand they are props, but you need to use specialized lighting (hard, underlighting, ect) to really sell the effect. Plus it seemed not to have a direction. i would suggest having some type of storyline to follow to help the viewers through the images.
            last thing, dont worry about the bad acting. 90 percent of people on film cant act....your editor should be able to hide those imperfections. if not......get a new editor! thats his job!
            Last edited by elswarro; 10-09-2009, 09:41 AM.
            Pre-Produced and Custom Haunted Attraction TV Commercials at www.elswarro.com

Comment

My one issue is a man in a mask towards the end of the video, his mask looks bad (in my opinion). An actor in make up would be better served in that shot. Or use quick MTV cuts and obscure the static mask.
              Otherwise very fun video.
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
              X