Pet Peeves!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves!!

Ok, here is my biggest pet peeves in working in Haunts. Come on, let's vent it out! We will feel better. What are yours?

If you do not want to go to a haunt, if it doesn't scare you, if you think it is stupid, if you think you are too "manly", are in a foul mood, don't have a date and no one loves you, haven't taken a shower and you stink, haven't talked to your friend in forever and see them for the first time that night and need to get caught up on your lives and talk throughout the haunt, if you are 25 going on 6 and like to whisper then giggle (yes folks giggle, not laugh), Have small genitalia and have to over compensate by being a total ass in front of the other sex, would rather walk through the house with hands in your pockets and not look at anything, bring kids who are having fun, but have parents that get pissed at you cause you just sacred their kid and push you, and the most important one is..... drum roll please.... if you have a 7 year old kid who is scared of "Mickey Mouse" and yells I don't want to go in crying and screaming, but yet you still make them go through to only laugh at them while they pee in their pants and are then tarnished for life to only become a flasher when they grow up with weird body twitches and talk to themselves as they flash themselves to others... DO NOT COME TO THE HOUSE folks. You will only create a bad vibe and ruin it for all those that love this! Whew...Ok I feel better!
    ~WelchWitch

Wow WW... why don't you tell us how you really feel?

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Sorry, it just seemed that they all came on the same night and I needed to vent. So I guess you don't have any nights like that?
      ~WelchWitch

Comment

I try to think of it as that is those people way of having fun, I do the same show for them as everyone else. I pretend inside they are having a great time and it does not get to me like it used to.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

My favorite is the overprotectiv boyfriend, I would come lurching from my place and a good bunch of screams with my face restraint on. I come out pretty fast, and I start a beeline towards this one girl that was incredibly rude to me when I was scaring in line. Her boyfriend seemed ok with it, then to prove his masculinity shoulder checked me into the wall. Course' his masculinity facade dropped like a rock once I assumed my full height from my hunched over character (6'5, without boots, with boots 6'6).
          I hate guys like that, ones who have to act like douches for lack of better words. Those are the guys that really get to me. I havn't been busting my ass for 8 hours and many groups before you to take that.
          And the oh so original "Your breath smells!" "Oh that was sooo much funnier when the group before you said it, work on your delivery".
          Oh and to clear it up, My breath DOESNT smell. I brush my teeth just before I leave for the haunt and frequently eat tic tacs. Mainly because i think they taste good, and the mint taste can help keep me up. Wierd I know.

Comment

Originally posted by WelchWitch View Post
            Ok, here is my biggest pet peeves in working in Haunts. Come on, let's vent it out! We will feel better. What are yours?

If you do not want to go to a haunt, if it doesn't scare you, if you think it is stupid, if you think you are too "manly", are in a foul mood, don't have a date and no one loves you, haven't taken a shower and you stink, haven't talked to your friend in forever and see them for the first time that night and need to get caught up on your lives and talk throughout the haunt, if you are 25 going on 6 and like to whisper then giggle (yes folks giggle, not laugh), Have small genitalia and have to over compensate by being a total ass in front of the other sex, would rather walk through the house with hands in your pockets and not look at anything, bring kids who are having fun, but have parents that get pissed at you cause you just sacred their kid and push you, and the most important one is..... drum roll please.... if you have a 7 year old kid who is scared of "Mickey Mouse" and yells I don't want to go in crying and screaming, but yet you still make them go through to only laugh at them while they pee in their pants and are then tarnished for life to only become a flasher when they grow up with weird body twitches and talk to themselves as they flash themselves to others... DO NOT COME TO THE HOUSE folks. You will only create a bad vibe and ruin it for all those that love this! Whew...Ok I feel better!
            So, in summary the pet peeves are:
            -People who don't get scared
            -People who do get scared
            -People who bring people who get scared
            -People who don't bring a date

Did I miss any?
            sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

I hate the people who show up just to heckle. I also hate the abusive drunk morons who think it's funny to act macho and come into OUR place of business and get physical with anyone who so much as breaths in their direction. For example, there was a guy who shoved one of the people from the outside souvenir photo company into a wall because she (yes, SHE) took the picture, thus setting off the air blast for the scare. Basically my biggest pet peeves can be summarized into one category as "troublemakers". It boggles my mind and really bugs me when I see people come through our mazes who are TRYING to irritate my fellow actors and myself, especially because there are a lot of young first time actors at the haunt I currently work for.

Comment

Smelly breath can be fun. Get right in someones face with some nasty breath and listen to the comments its hysterical. We eat pickles before we go out then brush our teeth directly after.

Jackie
                Rotting Flesh Radio
                “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

I'd like to add to my list of pet peeves the guests that read the instructions for my room, in which there is a small hallway to the left where a monitor is activated by a button on my end of the area. TO THE LEFT. I swear the schools in Southern California must be getting worse, because 80 percent of the people look to the right, and barely even look around the room to see if anything is happening. Is the difference between left and right really that hard?

Comment

WW-
                    I agree 100% with you, but was just caught off guard by the number of peeves in the post.

My biggest pet peeve is the drunks. If you can hardly walk straight, you may want to reconsider going into a haunted house with shaking, dropping, and slanted floors... my 2 cents.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Peeves

LMAO Zodiac, I did something last night that makes me relate to what you said. A few of us actors went out haunted house hopping and when we first entered into the haunt you are in a large foyer, I was in the front and I just stopped and made everyone wait, I did not see anywhere to go that is open, so I figure they are going to talk to us first, then after couple of minutes you hear a growl to say "open the door" I never felt so stupid in my life and almost peed in my pants laughing so hard cause funny thing was on the flippen door it said open if you dare! Being an actor for many years I feel the same way as you. But something changes when you are on the other end. You lose all sense of smartness or direction. Something about being in that haunted house that makes us all stupid.
                      ~WelchWitch

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand the "Dont bring a date" pet peeve..

I'm not involved in any haunts this year, but will probably spend it reviewing haunts in the Chicago area since its been awhile since I've been here during the halloween season. I love haunts for the environment, love to go see how a haunt has flexed its creative hand through construction and costumes, and usually am difficult to scare (haha, but who can't be scared by the 'surprise' scares?). I just hope that my fascination by the industry/interest in rather a mask was latex or something else, won't be misconstrued as something else.

but yes, in the past drunk teenagers are usually the vain of haunt existence. As well as though who find it 'cool' to swear and insult actors when really they're just scared!

Comment

Its not so much as a pet peeve as something I jsut dont get. Why do people pay to come in then hide themselves in their hoods. I will just stand out front and charge 15 bucks and cover their eyes for 30 minutes.

Comment

Generally, I treat the 'I'm not scared' or 'You're not scary' folks as what they are--scared people who are too scared to admit it. If I've got them long enough I make them feel it.

And the ones that hide their eyes are a goldmine....

"Don't hide your eyes, I can help, just pull that hood back and let me rip them out.....then you'll never see anything scary again. I love to suck the juice from fresh eyes....the ones cook serves are too chewy, no pop!"

And a line that has served me well--

"You'd look gorgeous on the back of a milk carton......missing...presumed dead" and then some laughing and talking to yourself..."oh you won't be dead...but you'll wish that you were..." and then some laughter and a final rush to chase them from the room.

The peeve, the biggest peeve, are the hitters.

Comment

Originally posted by WelchWitch View Post
                              LMAO Zodiac, I did something last night that makes me relate to what you said. A few of us actors went out haunted house hopping and when we first entered into the haunt you are in a large foyer, I was in the front and I just stopped and made everyone wait, I did not see anywhere to go that is open, so I figure they are going to talk to us first, then after couple of minutes you hear a growl to say "open the door" I never felt so stupid in my life and almost peed in my pants laughing so hard cause funny thing was on the flippen door it said open if you dare! Being an actor for many years I feel the same way as you. But something changes when you are on the other end. You lose all sense of smartness or direction. Something about being in that haunted house that makes us all stupid.
                              Yeah, I could see that. lol. I think the annoyance at our guest is more the fact that we have giant letter's with an arrow painted so that after reading the directions for the button, you can see it in the monitor due to the fact that the camera is infrared, thus you know where to go and yet they still miss the point of the button entirely. I do love hearing them try to read it and replacing "monitor" with "monster" or "left" with "feet" or the such. They disorient themselves at that point, which is when I sneak up and kinda lurk there until they see me which (after they pick themselves up off the ground or out of the dark corner) is when I simply point them in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X