Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire marshall? safety?

Ok lots of stuff:

We are doing our haunt again this year, not charging, but having a donation box and raising money for the komen foundation (breast cancer). A few years back fire marshall came and tried to shut down when we were using all black plastic walls. This year we have plywood. The electric is run through pvc pipes above the haunt, fog is through a blower system and we have cloth curtains and burlap between rooms. most hallways are 4 feet wide, haunt is both in garage and in front of it. no roof in garage part except for one room. and finally we have a few exits and fire extinguishers throughout.

i know that lots of info but im just trying to give you guys everything.

Should i call the city and tell them what we are doing?

call fire marshall and ask for them to come by and give us the ok or what they want us to fix?

i think these things will make for a better night and not have me worried.

your thoughts?
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

I would call them just to make sure you have everything in order. The last thing you want is them coming the night before, or worse, the night of saying you can't do it. Better safe than sorry.
    Scareside Studios/ Haunted House

Comment

Just curious how it worked out. I'm thinking about doing something similar this year - a small maze using plywood walls, camo netting, etc., in the garage. Did the city/fire marshall have any concerns or provide any direction on your use of plywood and burlap?

Comment

I am very glad we called them. The didnt have any problems with the plywood walls, burlap/ fabric hanging or smoke machines. The just asked us to sweep up so people wouldnt step on a screw...which we planned on doing of course. I would build it, call them to come out a few days before and fix the problems they point out before show time and your good to go.

Originally posted by KeithK View Post
        Just curious how it worked out. I'm thinking about doing something similar this year - a small maze using plywood walls, camo netting, etc., in the garage. Did the city/fire marshall have any concerns or provide any direction on your use of plywood and burlap?
        Drew and Shane
        www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

Working...
        X