CODE BLUE in Raycliff Manor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CODE BLUE in Raycliff Manor!

This past weekend, Saturday night, we had a Code Blue in Raycliff Manor. We had a woman have a seizure in our Boiler Room. The issue was immediately detected and a Code Blue was called over the radio. The person calling in the emergency, spoke calmly and clearly, identifying himself, the attraction and the room. Security posted at the lights immediately turned on the overhead lights. The Actors throughout the attraction, while staying in character, announced to the patrons in their areas that we were experiencing "technical difficulties" and calmly asked the patrons to remain in their rooms until the show resumed. One of our EMT staff members, Todd, tended to the woman having the seizure. After a few minutes the disoriented woman was stabilized and brought out of the Boiler Room through an emergency exit and further assisted until she was able to regain her orientation. As soon as she was stabilized and out of the room an "all clear" was sent over the radio and the overhead lights were turned off and the show resumed.

I can't say how proud I am of the professionalism of the Raycliff Fright Team in their performance in handling the Code Blue situation. It reassures me that our Safety Training is effective and our team is well prepared in handling such issues both calmly and efficiently.

The woman is fine and even got word back to our Security to thank them for taking such good care of her. She hadn't had a seizure in a long time and didn't anticipate this happening. Fortunately, she made it through the majority of the attraction and enjoyed what she was able to experience.

On another note, the weather did impact our show on Friday night, but we were steady all night. On Saturday night, however, we ran full-throttle most of the night and even ran out of parking at one point. We are currently up approximately 30% over last year's attendance for the first two weekends. Weather permitting, we anticipate great success for the remaining weekends! I hope the rest of the industry continues to have a safe and successful season as well!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Congrats on your super training paying off. You guys have one of the best training regiments, and set ups I have ever seen. I mean, how many haunts have a class room for training!!!

I hope attendance stays up the rest of the season for you!
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Good job with the emergency! Someone very close to me has regular seizures, due to nerve damage from a root canal. They are non epileptic, but certain things such as stress, flashing lights, loud noises, and being startled can trigger them. I have found that a lot of time, people dont know how to react or what to do when someone is having a seizure. Its always best to give them support to keep them from falling, and if they are near anything, do your best to protect their head from slamming into it. Do not try to stop their body from shaking by holding it still, just let it go and try to keep them safe. If someone is standing, your first though will most likely be to try and get them seated, DO NOT DO THIS, if they are standing, they need to keep standing, if they are sitting, they need to stay sitting. The muscles are spasming on their own, if you try to force them to move you can cause damage, just let it go. You also do not want to get a big crowd of people around them when it is happening. When someone comes out of a seizure, they often dont know what just happened, they dont know where they are, and sometimes they need a few minutes to get back to reality. If they come out of it, and there are a ton of strangers, especially people in costume and make up around, this does not help. They are also usually very embarressed about it, so the least amount of people around the better. If they are with a friend or relative, let them handle it on their own, unless they ask for assistance. They know what to do and how to handle it best. It is not always neccessary to call the ambulence, in some cases, seizures are a regular occurance, they happen and then they are over, and no additional assistance is required. Normally people who do have seizures know not to put themself into a haunted house kind of situation, but sometimes like in this woman's case, she hasnt had one in a while and wanted to test the waters. Try to be calm, and just use common sense.
      The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

great info in this thread!
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

While

While I'm glad the woman is OK, and your team obviously did a wonderful job, it never ceases to amaze me that someone with a pre-existing medical condition would enter such a venue in the first place...Hopefully you have warning signs posted outside the haunt, and it includes " if you suffer from siezures, please do not enter"....still, you have to be prepared for the die-hards that insist on going in anyway, with heart conditions, mental illnesses, anger management problems, etc...

Sounds like you have a well trained, professional team.:-D

Comment

Working...
          X