Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: What's a good color for a wall crypt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: What's a good color for a wall crypt?

Walls are carved out of Styrofoam and I'm ready to start painting with that new Restore paint that turns hard. What do you all think is a good color for the crypt wall. It will be inside and is part of our catacombs walk thru.

Earth tones, multi layers of various shades of earth tones. How dark you go will heavily depend on you lighting, and what else is going on in through out your catacomb walk through.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I have used light earth tones, light tan's, greys and accent with dark stain, rust color, dark brown, green. You don't want to go too dark or any detail will be lost. Paint the base light and then go over with dark that will sit in the nooks and crannies which will make the detail pop. That's what I do anyway.

Keep the dark paint thin. Then wipe off the excess with a smooth cloth. Don't use terry cloth because it will get into your creases and remove it.

Sue
      http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Me I would do a grey look and age it up really good from there. Granite type of finish. I think the best thing you can ever do is walk around in an old ritzy style cemetery or just do an image search and you'll get tons of ideas.

Here are a few from the old Rocky Point. We have tons of them as well ... I can upload more photos if you'd like.

I have one folder that I'll look for with about 100 photos of crypts and tombs.

Larry
        CIMG0789.JPGCIMG0920.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Pictures?

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          ... I can upload more photos if you'd like.

I have one folder that I'll look for with about 100 photos of crypts and tombs.
          The more photos the better, heck that's one of my favorite was to learn and get new ideas.
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
          X