Putting in WORK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting in WORK

Like most of the other haunted house owners that just started I have been having TROUBLE. The first of the month the fire safety office said I can open but I have to use metal studs and drywall. So I took it as a blessing and went to WORK. I have been doing twelve hour days since and got two rooms up in three days. I have ten rooms to go but I will get it done. Plus I lost the ten percent of the money I put down on DOT because I could not use there walls so I walked. I never give up just like gatti in a boxing match[rest his sole] and most of the time he would lose the hole fight but he could pull it off in the last few rounds by KO. I just wanted to share with my fellow haunters that I am still in the fight and I am NOT going to give up no matter what the odds are. Stamina is what makes or brakes people and I have a hole swimming pool full.

Rock on! fight the good fight!
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I will always believe

that one of the main reasons that I was loaned the money to get my house was because he had seen my work ethic over the years and knew I could be trusted to give it my best sustained effort and to pay him back. This is probably also the reason another man asked me to accept his loan to have some "getting Started" money, which I also paid back.
      I have probably done 95% of ALL the work here during these last 25 years. If you like it, I did it, if you don't like it, I STILL DID IT!
      Busy Every Day....Only way to be.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Good Luck! It's a lot of work, and stressful but its all worth it in the end when your doing what you love.

Comment

Its that time of year

This is about the time of year that I begin questioning what I am doing. I too end up doing about 98% of the work, sacrificing many weekends and all my free time to build and create. Than about now I begin regretting the time I missed, wondering why i subject myself to such torture. I sometimes even tell myself that this is my last year.

Then comes October, and opening night. I suddenly remember why i do this, and a revel in the glory of what I have created. I just spent my entire Labor Day Weekend building and detailing the haunt, with help from my son (although he got sick on me so he had to bail out). I try and teach him the principle of hard work and dedication and the rewards that he will reap when it is all done. I think he gets it.

6 more weekends for us left - then its show time!
          Travis "Big T" Russell
          President
          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Same here. I question sooner usually. Of course, much HARDER of a question now that I'm trying to go public / pro. I do most of the work as well, but sometimes our volunteers do quite a bit. The only thing? I'm SLOW! I work ALL THE TIME, but I'm very slow doing things, don't know why. But I spent from 9 am to now.. 11:07 on the haunt today. With an hour or two blown doing errands etc. What did I get done? Spider box, Support for the box, spider torn apart to make puppet brackets, annnnd... some blood experiments.

Good luck to you, hope you kill it this year!.

Dewayne

Comment

Sometimes my mind stays busy all day long. At night I Look and I ain't got squat done. Then I realize and ask myself what the heck did my body do the rest of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Works View Post
                Then I realize and ask myself what the heck did my body do the rest of the time.

Glad it's not just me!

Comment

Almost done

I only have two rooms left and I am ready for fire check. I built 17 rooms some 57 feet long and some 281/2 feet long. I painted them styled them and built them from the ground up with metal studs and drywall with only three people in twenty days! I worked 13 hour days with no break except for tonight and only worked 8 hours. I will let you guys know what happens at fire check. I am glad to be starting a new chapter in my life and hope the people that are leaving the industry have wonder full lives and can enjoy the fruits of there labor.

Comment

Working...
                  X