Blood for actors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood for actors

Anyone every use corn syrup with red food coloring as blood for your actors. The blood we buy on the internet is getting to be expensive. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Jim
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Blood

NOOOOOO!!!! That is sticky and gross and NO fun!! It may be good for mass producing gross stuff, but it gets sticky, attracts flies and other critters and is just unpleasant to be covered in.

To be completely honest, I tried making a small bit of this the other day to see how realistic it'd be to use with actors and some sets and stuff, and it's great!

But there are a few other options for clothing/costumes that is permanent, just use a really bright red acrylic paint, splatter it all over the clothes, it will stay bright and shiny and you can wash the clothes to keep them clean, without worrying about re-blooding everything.

But for skin, or for slinging around in a scene, definitely do what allen does in the video!

Comment

LOL, someone beat me to posting one of my videos.
      The blood I make in this video is awesome because it dries and looks wet. It is non toxic and fine on skin.
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
        LOL, someone beat me to posting one of my videos.
        When someone posts one of your vids before you get a chance to, you know you've arrived!

C.

Comment

Hahaha Allen you should have expected it to happen sooner or later:P

Comment

That's a great video. In it you said that the blood is water soluble and not great for being on ppl who will be sweating. Does anybody have a link, or how to amend the above to be something that WONT get sweated off?

A home made recipe is probably preferred. But a product recommendation would be great too!

Thanks

Comment

since then I used it for a sesason at my haunt and it worked great, so no worries there. It will stain pale skin, but all blood will do that.

Comment

Thats great news. Thanks for the videos btw Allen; I've learned alot.

Comment

Originally posted by scottylmt View Post
                  Thats great news. Thanks for the videos btw Allen; I've learned a lot.
                  Also get his new Haunt Design DVD. It is absolutely excellent! Can't wait for the Scare DVD. Totally getting that one, too.

C.

Comment

I'm going to check my mailbox right now!!! I ordered it a few weeks ago, but mail from Texas to Nova Scotia comes by mule I think.

Comment

How did the off brand glue work?

Allen, I just ordered 4 of your DVD's and can't wait to see them. How did that off brand of glue that you mentioned in your video work out?

Comment

It works great, I have 4 gallons of it in the garage lol.

Comment

Ok I will do it today!

Does anybody have suggestions for INSIDE MOUTH blood? I have seen capsules but if I remember those were pricey.

What is a good one to stain the teeth with blood?

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by scottylmt View Post
                            Does anybody have suggestions for INSIDE MOUTH blood?
                            You know, Gene Simmons would have a really good answer for that.

The master at work . . .

*sorry, couldn't resist*

Comment

LMAO! Now if I just knew where he got that!

Comment

Working...
                              X