Showstopper Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showstopper Room

I am trying to get an idea for a showstopping room to have guests leave with something to remember. Any ideas please chime in. 12x25 room. A quick skit or a scary room but needs to give that WOW factor lasting impression.

Chainsaws, gotta end it with chainsaws. Attack them in ways they can't even imagine. Chainsaw surprise!
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

It depends on the theme of your haunt?

Robert

Comment

Chainsaws go with any theme. Anytime I visit a haunt and there isn't a chain saw I'm disappointed.
        Joshua
        www.hauntedprints.com
        info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

The last room in our haunt is a bright room saying thanks for visiting our haunt. gets customers to relax like its all over. on one wall is a chalk board that says please rate our haunt. the chalk board is really a drop panel. it looks just like a chalk board you would see on any wall. when they go to write on it the board drops. gets them every time.
          In Darkness they hunt the living
          http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Comment

Yeah chainsaws. Leaf blowers work good too. I done a leaf blower scene before, they was all runnin lol!
            Nightmarez - "The spookiest haunt in all the land"

Comment

One year we had an adoption nursery. Wasn't our last room, but it was a good scare. The nurse was behind plexigass and had all the adoptable demon babies lined up in baskets to view. She had a few great lines to have them look close.. but when she asked " which one they would like to PICK" she had an ice pick in her hand...PICK was the word that sent a baby ( that was out of site) from the side of the window SLAM into the Plexigass. My husband built an incredible baby catapult machine.
              This year in our haunt, when they exit, I'll have someone say goodnight, ..lead them outside through a tunnel, but at the end of the tunnel, they realize they are in a cage. Chainsaw, stilt creatures are all waiting for them. I can't wait!!!

Comment

I am so thankful

I am so thankful that I got to read these words this morning: "My husband built an incredible baby catapult machine."

Awesome.

LOVE that cage idea. Also love the false sense of security- they think it's over and then BAM! a scare. How about snatching out a confederate at the very end. A moderately scary/friendly character at the end waves everyone past, thanks for coming, and then grabs someone out and drags them away.

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
                  I am trying to get an idea for a showstopping room to have guests leave with something to remember. Any ideas please chime in. 12x25 room. A quick skit or a scary room but needs to give that WOW factor lasting impression.
                  Believe it or not, one of the most effective last rooms I've ever seen had nothing more than a little girl pop out and go "boo". It literally sent kids screaming and running out of the haunt, and even knocked grown men to their knees.

And the younger the girl the better.

Mind you, that was the final event, and the patrons emptied out 10' away from where the line to get into the haunt finished, so the patrons who were just about to go into the haunt were treated to the image of seeing people run out of the house absolutely screaming.

Not only was it memorable for the people on the way out, it also made an impression for the people about to go in. That's what you call free entertainment, folks!

What was always classic was when some big high school jock type was several people ahead in line, braggin' how he wasn't going to get scared, and "only pussies get scared" and so on, and then just as you are about to enter you'd see that same tough guy jock run screaming out of the haunt like a little girl. And, it was a little girl that caused him to do that.

And just in case you underestimate how powerful that was, that room would sometimes have two or three people get kicked out of it a night cuz they couldn't say "boo" correctly, or didn't have the timing down. You had all these idiot adults trying to change it up to "make it more scary", and then you'd have patrons walking out with a smirk going "yeah, what-evs". The haunt owner would grab them by the collar and throw them out, saying "go sit in the jail cell and look scared" or whatever else.

Then the little girl would go back in, pop out and say "boo", and the patrons would tear out screaming like they were supposed to.

C.

Comment

Great ideas. We did a blackout room and an execution chamber so we are looking for something different. we are doing a indian/sleepaway camp theme

Comment

One of my favorite rooms we did last year was complete black out. Then had someone with a remote control hit a camera flash up to the ceiling so you dont completly white blind the people so they could see a sign that says exit. second flash came a few seconds later but now there was michael myers in the room, thrid flash he appread on the other side of the room, 4th flash he gets closer to patrons and basicly pushed them towards the exit. All you need is two people with michael myers mask and black cloth the whole room and have two extra black cloth so they can hide behind or jump out. it was EPIC!

~Ryan
                      BARN OF TERROR
                      www.barnofterror.us

Comment

We did a similar one. Room complete darkness, 1 person dressed in all black with strobes on ceiling with a remote control so actor presses strobes on and off as they walk towards group and gets a stick and slams a metal garbage can and wall near guests as they walk out of room.

Comment

Originally posted by naberhoodhaunts View Post
                          The last room in our haunt is a bright room saying thanks for visiting our haunt. gets customers to relax like its all over. on one wall is a chalk board that says please rate our haunt. the chalk board is really a drop panel. it looks just like a chalk board you would see on any wall. when they go to write on it the board drops. gets them every time.

What a great idea!!
                          Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
                            Great ideas. We did a blackout room and an execution chamber so we are looking for something different. we are doing a indian/sleepaway camp theme
                            I saw another post mentioning the Sleepaway Camp theme. How is that coming along? I think you were working on your maze for that, if I recall, but I don't know what became of that.

C.

Comment

That is this years theme we have a ton of ideas just need to put it all together when we start the setup. So far so good with our ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X