Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many minutes should a haunted house last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many minutes should a haunted house last?

I know yourall probably going to say, depends on the size of the haunt. But I was thinking maybe a generall idea / ballpark figure. Or maybe a better poll would be what do you think is the average size haunt.?
    10-15
    10.12%
    15-20
    25.00%
    20-30
    38.69%
    30-40
    18.45%
    40-50
    7.74%

I put down 10 to 15 as thats about how long our home haunt takes but, I think it would depend on the haunt and how much you are charging. The more money you want the longer and better the show better be.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

My favorite line when asked "How long does it take to go through?"
      In a dead pan serious look I say "How fast can you run?"
      http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
      Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
      When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
      If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

If a haunt is picked just right, shipped frozen and delivered in refrigerator trucks it should last about a week. They tend to have less aroma this way so I would recomment haunted spray on smell once they are put one display.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

"How long will this last?"
          "The effects are residual, they last a lifetime!
          You will never forget it!"
          Tours here take about 90 minutes but don't think a thing about this one way or another because.....b-caws..........B-KAWZ......i'm krazie!

"A 90 minute tour!!?"
          "Ever had a meal that was SO GOOD you just wanted to savor it as long as you possibly could? Sort of a similair thing here. I'm mentally "chewing " and savoring the fun we are all having here, so why cut it short?"

If everybody that called shows up here tonight it will be worth all the snow-work I did today. We had 15 people late this afternoon for a Hide& Seek party, it was fun! They had fun too!
          Maybe business picked up because of the 18 degree heat-wave?
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Re: How many minutes should a haunted house last?

Originally posted by TheNightMare
            I know yourall probably going to say, depends on the size of the haunt. But I was thinking maybe a generall idea / ballpark figure. Or maybe a better poll would be what do you think is the average size haunt.?
            You also forgot to factor in, the quality of the show. The quality of the show can supercede how long it is because if it's great, time is not of the essence. For example, if you're watching a movie for the first time on DVD and the movie is GREAT! Before you know it, the movie is over to your surprise...why? Because it was great and time didn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Joedog
              My favorite line when asked "How long does it take to go through?"
              In a dead pan serious look I say "How fast can you run?"
              lol - how true is that saying. lol

Comment

I think he's talking factual... how long is/should your haunt? Yeah, a 20 minute haunt me only seem like 5 when it's AWESOME! But that 20 minute haunt may seem like an hour if it's horrible.

It's like riding a roller coaster, the actual time of a coaster may be 2-3 minutes... but once it's over it feels like 10-15 seconds! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

40-50 minutes!!!!!!! I wish mine lasted 20
                  Slash
                  "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

If I'm a theatrical styled Haunt w/ 5k sq.feet - I can keep you for 45 minutes to an hour.

If I'm a classic haunt - you could be done in 7 minutes. :roll:

How much do you charge for your haunt and how long does it last might be a better question... how much bang am I getting for my buck?

One of ours probably takes 20-30 minutes and yet we have another that can go from 7 minutes to 15 minutes (How fast can you run?) as put by Joe Dog.

Comment

Ours was taking about 20 minutes last year but as always we are increasing by at least another 10 minutes. Because we use a tag-team approach we can make as long as we want and don't ahve to worry about holding other's up. If there are delays it becomes part of the show. Wouldn't be a normal night if I didn't resort to magic slight of hand tricks to entertain a waiting crowd.

Comment

Give the customer a good value...

The Haunts we have visited last varying amounts of time. If it is close to ten minutes, I don't feel the customer is getting what they came for. Our haunt is about 20-25 minutes if the customers don't rush or run. We try to pace the crowd with several points in the house designed to do that.

Our goal is to get it over thirty minutes.
                        We also have the luxury of being able to grow every year. Our building was so big when we started that we only used one side of the main hallway.

This will be the ninth year we have expanded the haunt by at least one, usually two rooms or hallways. We still have three more years before we need to redesign some of the big/huge rooms into smaller rooms. That will give us a few more years of being able to advertise "more rooms added".

Now, the longest we were ever in a haunt is two hours, forty-five minutes. I don't know how he does it, but that Warfield guy holds the record with us.
                        Congrats to the Raven's Grin Inn !!!! We have been there three times and enjoyed it each time tremendously.
                        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Yes, two hours and fourty-five minutes does happen here sometimes.
                          How does this happen? Well, obviously we were ALL having alot of FUN! (Myself included!)
                          It wouldn't have run that long otherwise.
                          Sort of like marathon-sekz both parties have to be enjoying it or it just won't be happening.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Forget Erebus being in the Guinness Book of World Records. I think that time for a haunted house tour would probably set the record. Where was the 3hr choice on this poll???!
                            LOL!
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

I always like it too when at the end of the tour, 90 minutes or more, the customers remark about how time and it's passage eluded their whole feeling of time and they express surprise at 90 minutes (or more) having just passed by.
                              This tells me I am successful, they have been entertained!
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X