No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple MORE things... you won't see many more photos of this crypt you'll have to see it in person. It will include CGI FX, props, and more its hard to take pictures of because its very cramped. We spent about an hour trying to clean it so I'll get something later on this but trust me probably the coolest crypt ever built when its all done. Also another picture of the facade we are building to the Reaper Room as you can see getting closer it will be done tomorrow. The Reaper room is also getting closer hanging chandlers and mostly just waiting for the props from Unit 70.

I can tell you guys the best tour we are going to offer are the behind the scenes tours especially the one that is private... that one is already half sold out. There will be no better, cooler haunt tour than this one ... there just isn't no way! We have gone ALL OUT AGAIN!

Hopefully some of you got a flyer from us in the mail today... keep those flyers. Buy a ticket to the tour show us your tour ticket and the flyer and you can save 15% on the digital FX animations we are bring to the show this year, our new dvd's and much more!!! See you soon! www.TheDarkness.com

phot6o.JPGphoto00.JPGphoto1.JPGphoto2.JPG
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Larry

in the last photo did you make the Gothic arch or is that the one from Abracadaver?

thanks,
      Allan

Comment

• Allen,

I bought those arches from Abracadaver ... originally we were going to sculpt everything but then I decided to get them from them.

I got them cheaper because I bought them unpainted... what we did and you'll see this when you come is sprayed them with concrete now they look REAL!

His stuff looks awesome and I would suggest to anyone to grab them! Awesome stuff. Just buy them unpainted and spray them with concrete and you'll get a totally different look when its all said and done. By using them we saved a ton of time!

We didn't use much vac form on this build out however what we did use we totally sprayed with concrete so when you touch it you think its real!

The picture you are seeing here shows one arch un-sprayed however its sprayed now will upload a new picture later today.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• Here are some more pictures as we start to actually put props into place. You see some CGI things turned on in the background but those FX aren't actually being used... they are more like placement for testing until we get all of our new stuff. We are more or less done with construction we are working on lighting and animations now. Next week we'll work on Terror Visions some and we'll be doing some gore stuff. Tickets at www.thedarkness.com

DSC02977.JPGDSC02982.JPGDSC02983.JPGDSC02990.JPGDSC02994.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• Looks Creepy!

Kinda looks like its from a movie or something! Very Cool and Realistic!
            Damon
            www.frightmasters.weeblly.com
            Last edited by damon carson; 02-04-2013, 03:38 AM.
            Damon Carson

Comment

• Working on Terror Visions now... rather than breaking out the hard coating guns for one facade we decided to use a very hard coating kit which is painted on. We put the first coat on today... this will be a very large facade piece that goes in the Terror Visions que room. I have NOT talked much about Terror Visions so let me take a minute and explain what we are doing here.

Remember when you come to Darkness there is a 3D haunted house in addition to the two floors of The Darkness. Terror Visions 3D is an all blacklight haunted house. Last year we spent a lot of time and money on Terror Visions... this year we spent a lot less! However we are adding several things... for one we painted several of the floors with new concepts. We changed one hallway painted patterns on the walls and floor and added some cool mirrors. We also re-did the que line with an all new look as well. Gore Galore is making a custom puppet clown for us as well so that will go into the haunted house.

We also added one other thing but I can't tell you right now... that is a secret lets just say its a custom animation we built. But now we are winding down on The Darkness so Terror Visions is now getting all the love. I will start to post pictures of Terror Visions going forward until such time I can post all the props from Ghost Ride and Unit 70. Next week baby!!!! FYI... tickets for the private tour are about 70% sold out, behind the scenes tour tickets about the same. www.thedarkness.com

DSC03009.JPGDSC03010.JPG
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                We will re-open Lemp in 2013 I just wasn't going to bother with it for the TW show... I figured everyone has seen it. Does everything think we should open it or what? I could open some new rooms of the building for you to explore or something but I don't really want to open it with actors.

I don't know you guys tell me!

Additionally I might have a VERY SECRET surprise for everyone very soon! I can't spill the beans yet but...

Larry
                ...are you selling it? :grin:

Comment

• Larry who's hard coat were you using on the Terror Visions enterance?

Phatman
                  Phatman

Comment

• A two part compound that you mix together and get hardens in about 5 minutes ... you have to work fast!!!

Its about $115.00 for a set which makes two gallons total. Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

• Originally posted by austind View Post
                      Larry who's hard coat were you using on the Terror Visions enterance?

Phatman
                      RESPONSE...

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                      A two part compound that you mix together and get hardens in about 5 minutes ... you have to work fast!!!

Its about $115.00 for a set which makes two gallons total. Larry
                      Lmaooooooooooooo!!!!

I suppose if you google "two+part+compound+mix+5+minute+set+$115+two+gallo ns" you MAY find it?? Maybe add..."teal" to help narrow down your results!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
                      Last edited by freak 'n' stein; 02-06-2013, 11:25 AM. Reason: ...added additional sarcasm :)
                      O'Shawn McClendon
                      Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

• McMaster Carr ... sorry! LOL

Gotta run Gore Galore is here in the house today!!! More on that later. Get tickets now www.thedarkness.com
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

• Thanks Larry I think I will give it a try. Have you had good success with this product? I like how fast it works I am not very a person that likes waiting for stuff to dry.

Phatman
                          Phatman

Comment

• austind,

It's not actually hard coat material at all. It's a two part urethane made for casting. You can view the product here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#liquid-urethane/=ldahuf

We used this material for a few things when I worked at a University in a former life. It's good stuff, but it's no different than the kinds of products that Smooth-On carries.

Good luck!
                            Kip Polley
                            www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                            We Engineer Fear

Comment

• Hey folks... few updates. Let me just say this is the project that never seems to end. OMG!

Today was a busy day didn't get home until about 3am. Got our first batch of props in today from Gore Galore. Going to post a couple pages of photos here... so look for a couple coming up.

Today Kevin showed up and he installed one of his puppets and let me say this might be one of the best products we've ever purchased. They are built to perfection and they are incredible... I was totally blown away! He also showed some of his new product line and you are seeing it here FIRST! Check it out!

As for the hard coat material... I have everything from a fiberglass gun, to a hard coat machine to you name it. The hard coat gun was broken... It is actually fixed but we had no time to pick it up. So we just coated it with a two part coating from McMaster Car. Its not anything close to the hard coating gun but in bind if you are way behind and you are willing to make it deal it will work... so that is what we did.

We have NOT started a booth for TW not even built one single thing for the show. We are still trying to finish this project on Darkness. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

Larry
                              DSC03021.JPGDSC03023.JPGDSC03027.JPGDSC03031.JPGDSC03033.JPG
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• Okay more pics... here is a picture of Kevin. He brought one of his crew great guys 110%. His new stuff is amazing.

Next week we are getting new stuff from Unit 70 and it will probably take us about one day to install everything. Once its installed we'll be about ready set go!

We'll be waiting on one more major animation from Distortions for the show Making Monsters.

I can only tell you guys I did what I said I would not do... I spent 300k on this renovation. I did it for our fans here in st. Louis to celebrate 20 years and I did it for the haunted house industry to show and offer the best educational experience of the year for YOU!

I can honestly say I'm not very found of operating haunts anymore but I really enjoy doing these rebuild for YOU HAUNTED HOUSE OWNERS! Thank you so so so so much... tickets orders are pouring in the last week and we really appreciate it. We are going to do our best to give the experience you want!

Its hard to please haunt owners but we are going to try out very best.

FYI... Gore Galore said he's going to have 10 to 15 large puppets in his parade of the dead. I can't wait!

Get your tickets now the behind the scenes tour is like 75% sold out now...

www.TheDarkness.com

Larry

PS: AND I AM NOT JUST SAYING THIS... but I'm so impressed with Gore Galore that I will now include them on my list to talk to about future custom projects. This guys are really amazing!

DSC03018.JPGDSC03019.JPGDSC03026.JPGDSC03028.JPGDSC03029.JPG
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X