Haunted House Website designers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted House Website designers?

I see that there are a few main website designers that are geared towards haunted houses. Looking to see what other have used to build there site, I see a couple of designers are charging upwards of 1000 to 2500 plus.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Worth it

If you look at the bottom of most websites it tells who is in charge of the website or who built it. The thing about it is....1000 or 2000 or 5000 dollars for a great website is worth it. If you think about how much print ads cost in a newspaper or radio ads or even a billboard for a ONE TIME use....then a website is a no brainer because you can use it for years, you can use it to sell tickets, post pictures, do everything. Most people look at the website first and determine whether they want to go....so it should be your priority. With this said...keep it updated and current and your website is your biggest marketing tool besides word of mouth. It will pay for itself.

Comment

If your looking for web designers from the haunt industry, be sure to check out our Web Designer area in our Haunter Resources on HauntersDigest.com at http://www.hauntersdigest.com/catego...urces/webdevs/

I've designed some sites for the haunt industry and the one thing that I recommend that you consider using is WordPress to build your site on. It's free and you can switch themes with the push of a button. And long term you will save some money because you just have to replace the theme instead of building a completely new website from the ground up, you can handle updates to the text on the site yourself using the administration section vs paying your web developer hourly fees to change some text on a static page, and it allows you the freedom to do what you want with your site on your schedule. When your ready for a new look, you just need to hire a Wordpress theme designer (which there are a ton) when your wanting a new look for your site and because all your data is already in the wordpress database, all you have to do is just install the new theme created by your designer. Takes less than 20 seconds to install a new theme.

A good Wordpress designer can charge you anywhere between $500 - $1500 depending on the complexity of the theme, design elements and what all bells and whistles your wanting. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line and I can help to point you in the right direction.
      News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
      Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Unless you are looking for premade templates there is no need to have a web designer who is "geared towards haunted houses". A good web designer will be able to design what you need... the industry doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfoos View Post
          Unless you are looking for premade templates there is no need to have a web designer who is "geared towards haunted houses". A good web designer will be able to design what you need... the industry doesn't matter.
          While I would agree somewhat with your statement, I would argue that hiring a designer or developer that is already familiar with your industry and a clients potential needs will save you money and time in the long run because they may already know what your going to need in your websites frontend and backend before you do as they have experience developing it for their others. Your paying them for that extra experience vs someone off the street. A web designer that is familiar in designing haunted house themed websites will be better prepared to the requirements and needs of a haunt owners when designing the front end and the backend of the site to make it easier for the haunt owner to maintain and promote the important information of the haunt like ticketing options, season calendars, special events, etc.... While anyone can put together a design, hiring developers that are already familiar with the needs of haunt owners will save you time and money in the long run instead of having to go back later to the same developer or a new developer to redesign some front-end or back-end functions to accommodate their needs that was overlooked or not considered the first time by hiring a novice to the industry.

If you were designing and building a haunted house, would you hire a general contractor because they can build a building or would you seek out haunt professionals like Larry or Leonard to help you as they have the experience your going to need to help you avoid problems and delays in designing and building great haunted houses.
          News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
          Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Try Chemical Image. Great Prices, Great Designs.
            www.ChemicalImage.com
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Web Designers

Give Chad from Sinister Visions a call..http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_...nk.gif.awesome work, great guy to work with & knows the industry!

P.
              Jim Pashley
              The FEAR FACTORY
              www.thefearfactorynj.com
              855-NJ HAUNT
              sigpic
              "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

uh oh!

Don't know what happened there??? Fat fingers I guess! Tried to edit but??? What I meant to say was "give Chad a call...awesome work, great guy to work with & knows the industry! whew! lol

P.
                Jim Pashley
                The FEAR FACTORY
                www.thefearfactorynj.com
                855-NJ HAUNT
                sigpic
                "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

Working...
                X