Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronics Question: automated queue-line effects

Howdy Haunt Fiends:

Is there a way to automate changes in sound and lighting? Our queue-line this season involves waiting in an area that includes lights, sound and video. I was curious if its possible for the video to play for a while, then pauses as the lights rise slightly as audio plays for a bit, then the lights dim again as the video resumes.

I've even gone so far as wonder if its possible for the audio to output from a different source, like an old radio. Our video will be coming from an old projector (though its actually a modern projector, with the video to look vintage), and we wanted the audio to pipe out of an old radio.

I hope that makes sense. is there a product where you can time changes in audio or turn on/off various sources through a given time period?
    DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
    www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Yes, there are ways to do exactly what you want. You can home-brew solutions, or you can look at commercially available solutions that use software to control your show. Investigate DMX lighting software solutions.
    -------------------------------
    http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

Go to animatedlighting.com and talk to Paul. Tell him I sent you. They have some great products, and not hard to learn.
      Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
      [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. It's a great start.

One disadvantage I'm seeing with some of these automated systems is that I may be paying for far more effects than I need. I was looking for the occasional flicker, fade, start up another audio source, pull up and stay on for a few minutes until the process happens again. Is there software where I could run lights / audio from a laptop?
        DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
        www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mephisto the Great View Post
          Howdy Haunt Fiends:

I've even gone so far as wonder if its possible for the audio to output from a different source, like an old radio. Our video will be coming from an old projector (though its actually a modern projector, with the video to look vintage), and we wanted the audio to pipe out of an old radio.
          You can pick up an FM transmitter for the audio. Wal-Mart sells the belkin FM transmitter for cheap. Set the transmitter to a clear station (one not in use) and set the receiving radio to that channel.
          Tom
          Creator of the Dungeon
          WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

This Wal-Mart Belkin thing sounds like it must work just like a wireless mic I once had you would tune it into one of several radio stations that were too weak to come in on the radio to interfear with the signal you will be transmitting.
            I tried this to save my voice, having a radio waiting for me in each room of the house, it didn't work too well. Maybe there was too much actual difference in the radios I was using?
            Volume of the radio was also a problem, trying to have it loud enough to be heard over 15 customers yet not too loud...
            The idea is probably a good one if I had spent maybe $300 on better equipment, like the set up an auctioneer uses...but then....I tried a regular TV with a antena and because I'm so close to the County Sherriff's tower all I got was "Car 54 , where are you?"
            "I'm staking out that ravens grin guy, I'm hidden behind the dumpster, I will film him kidnapping those teenagers by giving them all a free beer when they go into his place. That beer-thing MUST be the reason all those kids keep coming back here ."
            20 years ago one old idiot in this town told some others that I must be giving kids a free beer to inspire their return..admission was only $2.00 then, plenty of profit margin to pay for beer , right? The dumazz! He even used to own a tavern too!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X