Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will your Haunt be impacted by Baseball in 2014... Read on

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/no--1-c...155112871.html

Well as you can see no end in sight for St Louis... once again we are rated the best team in baseball for 2014. In other words they expect the Cardinals to WIN the World Series.

Rangers come in at #3
    Redsox #4 but take my word for it this team is going no where... lost to many players
    Detroit #6
    Washington #8
    Cincy #9
    Atlanta #10

I don’t think Pittsburgh has anything to worry about they won’t even make the playoffs the team didn’t invest in new players and lost several ... but the Royals are climbing predicted 13th best.

Check out the list and see where your team ranks to see what the chances your baseball team will play through October. The Cardinals have so negatively impacted our business that I can't even express... if they play all the way thru October again I dont' know what I'm going to do! LOL

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Pick a new ball team to root for!!!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Sympathy collection...

Tigers are my haunts problem. So Larry; are we going to put a collection bucket at your booth for beer money split among haunts whose team goes all the way to World Series.

I would print out 100 forms. Haunt owners name, and address and team that would hurt their ticket sales the most gets written on form and dropped in with a $5 bill. Come Oct. there if are 5 haunts that said they would be affected by the teams in the World Series. Total money taken in is divided between the haunts affected. They recieve a check just as World Series starts so they can drown their sorrows in beer.

We will leave money with Larry as we know St louis is most likely to go all the way.

Yes this idea is stupid...but hey I'm in if others think "what the heck". Unless someone knows that this sort of thing is illegal.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I feel your pain competing with sports. We had our own sports conflict in Columbus last year. Ohio State football had four Saturday night games during the 2013 haunt season. Talk about major competition! OSU football is big in central Ohio. The afternoon games were good for our business, but the night games had a big impact on our visits. Some haunts try to stay open late to catch football fans after the game (after midnight), but most of them were really hammered and not the type of people we want causing a ruckus in our haunt.

Kelly Collins
        The ScareAtorium

Comment

As a Baltimore Orioles fan...

I don't have to worry about them reaching the playoffs every year. The Orioles are just interesting enough to occupy my interest until they're out of the race in Early September. The real thing I have to watch out for in Baltimore is the Ravens schedule. My Sundays are dictated mostly by the home and away Baltimore Ravens games. The last few years we have been lucky enough for the Ravens to have a bye week in mid to late October. When there is a home game, my attendance is down. When they have a night game on a Sunday, I might as well not open... its even harder to staff than it is to get customers. just my b-more opinion.
          Patrick Barberry
          www.legendsofthefog.com
          sigpic

Comment

Patrick,

You MUST'VE suffered when the O's went to the playoffs the season before last. On night games we were down nearly 70% until the game was over. Fans are playoff starved here in Baltimore and the Nats are on their way up. Football has not effected us nearly as much, but I watch the baseball playoff race like a hawk.

Allan

Comment

All jokes aside!

Ive heard how the Cardinals have really affected your attendance! Is there really no way to win against this? Or are there things in your marketing to do w the ballparks or ways to bring the game to your haunt? Just wondering! I know how well you are at marketing and promoting your haunts! I would like to read an article on this! Or read it here.
              Thanks
              Damon
              www.frightmasters.weebly.com
              Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
                Patrick,

You MUST'VE suffered when the O's went to the playoffs the season before last. On night games we were down nearly 70% until the game was over. Fans are playoff starved here in Baltimore and the Nats are on their way up. Football has not effected us nearly as much, but I watch the baseball playoff race like a hawk.

Allan
                Allan,

I pulled some numbers, just to be sure I wasn't mistaken. Looking at the 2012 post season schedule, there were only 2 games that the O's played a night we were open (both Fridays). Friday October 5 was the game vs. the texans - the 1 game playoff. We were down 30% from the previous year, and down about the same behind 2013. However, Game 5 vs. the Yankees on October 12th, our attendance was up 37% over the same comparable date in 2011. Overall attendance was up almost every night in 2012. I also think we have a slightly different market than BC... we lean more Philly and you lean more DC? IMO We draw big from the blue collar districts around 'ballmore' who gravitate towards football (just my observation). Even so... I still pull for them "Oahs" to win... just not for a pennant like STL.
                Patrick Barberry
                www.legendsofthefog.com
                sigpic

Comment

High School Sports

Affect us slightly here as far as bodies in-house. The biggest thing to affect our October business was when a dip-chit newspaper reporter wrote that we were closed.
                  We most certainly were not closed. People would argue with their friends who had been here that it was true because they had read it in the paper!
                  I once ran some ads in the same paper and I swear Nobody ever saw them!
                  "Bad News" travels Fast, even if it isn't true, and isn't "News".
                  There are almost countless ways to lose money in the haunt business, but I would have never believed such a stupid, small mistake by one idiot I don't even know could cause as much financial loss as this did.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim Closed in October?!

Wth would you be closed in October?! He think that's like your holy day that you just hang up your reaper robe then and take the month off to florida? LOL! What an idiot! I would like to know what gave him that idea! Was that this past Oct? And far as baseball Chicago would be the perfect city to have a haunt if you don't want to worry about Baseball in Sept and Oct! Other than the Whitesox but they are on the down hill slide compaired to past years. The Cubs Idk there really hasn't been much hope for them in a long time! The only thing Jim has had to worry about it snowballs! Not Baseballs! Oh I almost forgot! GO ROYALS! 13th unlucky for some but actually I think they are a little better than that! This is our year to shine!
                    Damon
                    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                    Damon Carson

Comment

"Baseball Impacting"?

Since I own my haunt, I worry sometimes about Baseball-sized Hail impacting my roof.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X