Shock mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock mats

We are having one long dark hallway that i thought would be a fun addition to have shock pads. I have seen them on haunted house websites selling for $85 and up but has anyone used pet shock pads like this one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Mat-fo...ht_4131wt_1110
    with any success?

Ryan
    BARN OF TERROR
    www.barnofterror.us

I feel like those are the shock mats haunt companies charge that much money for haha. Fresh coat of paint and it's black!

Chalk it up $40 and make an easy buck.

But that's all just theory lol, neat find!

Comment

They are the same thing, just redressed from one company to another in most cases. Order one and shock yourself if its fine then get the ones you need. I have used them with success by the way.
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
        They are the same thing, just redressed from one company to another in most cases. Order one and shock yourself if its fine then get the ones you need. I have used them with success by the way.
        Are there any stipulations in their use, like can pose a potential hazard to those with pace-makers, and so on?

C.

Comment

Go to the website and look or order one and read the warnings, I cannot say here as legally it would be unwise. always do your own research, no ones answer aside from the manufacturer should count in your world.

Comment

Go to the website and look or order one and read the warnings, I cannot say here as legally it would be unwise. always do your own research, no ones answer aside from the manufacturer should count in your world.
            But in other words, read the labels and all warnings, take every prescribed precaution, do my due diligence, and don't just throw one down in a hallway, plug it in, and walk away. Definitely know what I'm dealing with before I use it.

Have you personally had any problems with them?

C.

Comment

"I have used them with success by the way" no sir, no problems.

Comment

"I have used them with success by the way" no sir, no problems.
                That's what I surmised, but thought I would ask to be sure. I'm looking at it for a show this season.

C.

Comment

I was talking about these just the other day with the wife. We were wondering how hard they zapped and if anyone got PO'd because of them. I'm assuming it's all good then?

Think I'll put a few in my dark maze.

Dewayne

Comment

How shocking!

I was going to use them as well this year in our maze but the wife wouldn't let me. She said it was cruel to humans! LOL

I did get shocked by a few and while they give you quite a jolt, its all low amperage stuff. Remember its the amperage that kills you - not the voltage! (or something like that)
                    Travis "Big T" Russell
                    President
                    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

I'm sitting here imagining our squeeze hall lined with these on both sides, and even though I know there would be hell to pay, I'm still grinning at the thought...

tell me you're not grinning too...
                      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Still grinning

Yeah I've been grinning ever since TW when I looked at this things and thought "oh man, perfect for the maze." I might put them in next year anyway!
                        Travis "Big T" Russell
                        President
                        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Um, has anyone thought of combine these with a firecracker electrical box?

I mean, I've never used them and haven't seen the two paired yet. But, if the firecrackers are dangerous, maybe make the patrons plug something in, in a manner of which they'll touch the mat.

I'm not even sure you can time the two together to make the effect, but I think (at first thought anyways) it would be killer.

Dewayne

Comment

Do Haunts in the US have to warn a customer there are shock mats in the House?

Comment

Originally posted by Frightener View Post
                              I'm not even sure you can time the two together to make the effect, but I think (at first thought anyways) it would be killer.
                              Pressure pads under the shock mat to trigger the electrical box.

C.

Comment

Working...
                              X