Home haunt budget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home haunt budget!

Whats an average budget for a home haunt? Is there one or can you take it too far?
    Joe Phillips
    The Shallow Grave
    Winter Haven FL
    http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Originally posted by Joe P View Post
    Whats an average budget for a home haunt? Is there one or can you take it too far?
    Don't think there is an average but if there was I would say anywhere from $100 to $10,000 on average. Seriously!!!
    And yes, you can take it too far. I did and went pro...
    Tom
    Creator of the Dungeon
    WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Too far....lol

Yes Joe you have spent a lot of money on your home Haunt....LOL. But a budget for a home haunt is really dependant on you extra income and how much passion you have for what you do. But if you are asking if you spend more than most home haunters the simple answer is yes you do. But when we where doing our home haunt we would spend around 2k to 3k each year.

Hope you have a great year
      Shawn
      http://www.twistedwoods.com

Comment

The only time we budget for the home haunt, is if we are saving for a large project. We budget for the bills, house, and savings, everything else is free to spend.

We do track most of what is spent, so that I have an idea where the money is all going. On average, we spend anywhere from $1500 to $3000 a year on the haunt.

This is our hobby, not our business, so we don't crack a whip when it comes to the finances.

Comment

If you look at it from both sides, it equals out.

As the home haunter like jaybo, it is a passion so your not really trying to stick to a budget plan. Your just doing what it is you love to do. Money comes and goes, (sometimes goes faster).
          But if you have plans of a future pro haunter, your spending for your passion and building up the assets. It makes it somewhat easier to jump in and not having to make alot of larger purchases some others might have to make. Freeing up that money for marketing to help the pro haunt take off.

So if you were to step back and look at the situation from someones else view point, and be able to listen to people say, that what they saw and felt when they walked thru your home haunt, it is money well spent. Especially when many people will tell you that Universal and Busch Gardens can't scare you like your house scares people.

Comment

I think each home haunter is different depends on your income, etc...last year we spent over $1000 this year we haven't spent as much(not yet anyways) we're revamping our masks, sets,etc so that we don't have to buy news ones each year.
            Lori
            www.hauntedhillroad.com

Comment

Working...
            X