Locations. Waterproofing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locations. Waterproofing?

Hey guys, what types of buildings are your haunts located in? I'm trying to find a vacant building with no luck it seems everything is used. Which brings me to my next point. If I do no find a building, but am able to obtain a gated of parking lot, and build a haunt in it. How could I waterproof all of my lights and keep my walls from falling apart. Ideally I want an indoor location but can't find any.

My haunt is on a 1/2 mile wooded trail with no walls so I have no input there. But I have two fully utilized 4000 watt generators running lights, low budget sound systems, and cheap animatronics. I found a lot of my things are well protected with large ziplock bags turned upside down to cover the item with wires running in from the bottom. When it rains, the rain drips down the wires but can't drip back up into the ziplock bag. Things like fog machines go into large plastic containers that I close up each night. I have a system of battery powered trail lights where the led and battery box are covered by black plastic cups. I've had at least three storms since setup and even run the trail once only an hour after a two hour shower. Have yet to have any problems.

Comment

Anyone do their haunt under a tent or outdoors?

Comment

Originally posted by The Wilmont Estate View Post
        Anyone do their haunt under a tent or outdoors?
        I do an 1800 sq ft theater show under a tent.

I try to do the following...

Keep water out whenever possible. Then I have far less concern.

Even though I'm trying to keep water out, I still try to keep electronics up, and all walls and such are pained to help seal them against water. I use a mix of outdoor lights where weather is more of a concern, and indoor lights where things are safer.
        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Do you put plastic on the sides of tent to keep water out? We don't get much rain here, but the whether is unpredictable. I'm considering renting a space and having a permanent location but I don't know how I would be able to sustain it in the off season. Any of you have permanent locations? How do you pay for them?

Comment

Working...
          X