Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone see this Ed Edmunds picks top 10 haunts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone see this Ed Edmunds picks top 10 haunts.

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/e...avorite-haunts

Yeah I saw that...everyone he says though has or will be on the show this season and in previous seasons
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

It is funny how one of the haunts were haunts not open till this weekend in which I was the 3rd person to see as a live working show and the another opens Oct 11th, so I am sure he did not see them live. It kind of reminds me of the haunts that get listed as #1 in a state or top 13 in the nation that are brand new. How would you know if they are great? Is the judging done by how much money they spend? I don't know but the list was pretty solid other than that, but top 10 is hard to define.
      Phatman

Comment

Either way who wouldn't want an endorsement from Ed? Great for those involved and for the whole industry. It was a good mix, half of them were the familiar powerhouse ones and the other ones not as well known.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          Yeah I saw that...everyone he says though has or will be on the show this season and in previous seasons
          I agree. But hey if he goes to them for installs he sees if they are as good as advertised so its better than those other lists IMO.

Jake

Comment

Its funny how every time someone does something you get a million different options on why he or they did what they did how its wrong or whatever... you got football rankings for college they have argued over that for decades, or lists who's the best rock band, or song or whatever... no one ever agrees.

Reality is I don't think he's basing anything off doing work for people, I think rather its based on what he's actually seen with his own two eyeballs. When you spend day and night building props all October you can't realistically pay attention to everything everyone does and I'm sure rarely he gets out much... so he has to base what he likes on what he sees. There is nothing wrong with that.

I'm happy he mentioned The Darkness... I'm also happy he listed some new haunts I've never heard about. I'd like to know more based on what he saw... we all have different opinions and that is okay and just because we doesn't mean there is a reason why such as someone bought something from him.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry I have been to 7 of the haunts he listed and would agree with his point of view. But there is something to me that makes a haunt complete and it's actors. I have been to many haunts that look incredible but the actors were subpar. I'm sure Ed has to judge haunts from the point of view of a prop builder and that I am sure that is where he gets his list from, which is fine, it's is his list. Ed has also seen many of the best haunt in America and has a good grasp on what is above average and what they will be like when done. I just found it ironic that 2 of ten were not open yet, and maybe he was throwing them a bone for ordering from him, it's good PR for his customers and that ok too. The more successful your customers are the more successful you will be also.
              Phatman

Comment

We’re adverting in our market on the Travel Channel with our 30 second TV spot during his program. It’s pretty cheap too. Not a huge audience, but definitely a targeted audience for people who like to go to haunts. Check with your ad agency on rates and if you don’t have an ad agency; you can call Betty at CPMedia in Columbus. She can place a cable buy anywhere in the country.

Kelly Collins
                The ScareAtorium Columbus, Ohio

Comment

Working...
                X