UN WANTED EMAILS caused by TRANSWORLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UN WANTED EMAILS caused by TRANSWORLD

Ever notice you are **required** to give your email address, gross sales etc.. when signing up for Transworld convention? THAT"S WRONG on any level. I have been getting dozens often numberous from vendors we did not talk to and are NOT INTERESTED IN.

IF ONE MORE COMES in my inbox.....I'm tired of blocking...Forget Transworld next year we will figure what we need without going, actually rather easy to do. If, we get any after next convention time frame, our advertising will be DROPPED. btw: I firmly believe the $50.00 ticket charge should be free for one person from each haunt....THAT"S ME BTW.

I mean what I say!

OK, big breath.........in case your wondering our haunt is ready and actors are rearing to go!!! lol

How many of you have gotten the 100+ emails from Dale Johnson for printing banners???

DA

Comment

YES YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES!

And Dale Johnson is on my "punch in the face" list...I have never been so annoying and bombarded for the SAME product SO OFTEN. His over use and abuse of his email list make him look so unprofessional and obnoxious, I will NEVER use him simply for the amount of crap his sends.

Transworld is already on my crap list for their poor management, lack of vendor involvement and communication, their poor enforcement of their own rules, allowing bum vendors to vend and an overall underperforming show. Yes, the vendors (myself included) need to step it up in eye candy and product value, but they aren't delivering the sales it used to, and are asking an insane amount of money to vend...the money I spent there this year makes me sick. I am only mad because I have almost no choice but to vend there as its the only show with any buyer potential, the other ones are more enthusiast based and less sales based, I am just overall disappointed with show management, they need to step it up and I think the epic failure that was Halloween Extreme really helped deflate their ego, maybe they'll learn from that and start treating vendors better come 2014.

Comment

I don't like the emails and don't know if it is the vendor doing it or TW? Bobby do you get email addresses for all the attendees or does this come through TW(with a charge of coarse).
        Phatman

Comment

Yes, for a fee you can collect email addresses. I didn't do it because 1) Transworld robbed me blind lol 2) I didn't want to look like that Dale Johnson annoyance....

Comment

All it would have taken to make me happy was the option for PRIVACY when signing up.

When I looked at the registration form asking for "Gross Sales" and other personal and business information (I do not recall right now) it strikes me as a SURVEY, because it double as one. Without a choice.

Comment

I have a couple of dummy email addresses that I use only use when I'm forced to give one out. They get all my spam and advertising. Perhaps you should look into that to avoid this in the future.
              http://www.bigscaryshow.com
              http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

It's not just limited to Dale Johnson. Vendors scan your card and/or buy info then in middle a day my cell phone rings. That just one other

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  How many of you have gotten the 100+ emails from Dale Johnson for printing banners???

DA
                  I actually thought this was what the heading for the thread meant. I wont buy a damned thing from them because of it
                  Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

That ancient Sating:

"The squeaky Wheel, get's the grease."... or maybe it gets replaced because someone gets real tired of that sound?
                    There are options.
                    ("Saying" of course not Sating)
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

transworld gets worse EVERY YEAR

see you guys in Houston and at National Haunters Convention, Oaks, Pa.............

Comment

I get them to, but thankfully they get caught by my Google Spam filter and avoid my inbox. I already get 100 emails a day from clients and projects I'm working on and the last thing I need is an email promoting the same vendor I have no desire to hear from 1000+ times a week.

I've never really looked, but their should be a "Unsubscribe" option somewhere on those emails to stop them if you don't want them. If there is not, Transworld is violating email spam laws that could cost them being fined I believe.

Otherwise, I would simply send recommended that everyone simply keep emailing Jen's from TransWorld and any other TransWorld email address till you find out how to have your email removed from the spam list. Tell them you don't appreciate being spammed all the time, which is kinda appropriate as they are trying to sell everyones email for profit.

But there should be a "Opt out" option instructions included in the email somewhere.
                        News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                        Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Working...
                        X