Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket Refunds

Hey,

Does anyone give refunds on tickets if the customer chikens out prior to going into the haunted house?
    Dr. Haunt's Chamber of Fear
    email: drhauntschamberoffear@yahoo.com

typically NO, we don't give refunds for ANY reason, esp if they chicken out. They are there to get scared and if we do that before they enter, then thats a job well done! Although, some nights we do make exceptions on a case by case situation.
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Nope no refunds here. Once you buy your ticket theres no turning back. We have warning signs letting people know of no refunds.
      ~Bill Mlinac
      The Deadland Haunted House
      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Good question...

People come up an say I only made it through the first room so I need my money back I just got too scared.

I then say to them... well sounds like you got your monies worth huh!

NO REFUNDS!

The only reason we would give a refund is if they got hurt some how and couldn't make it the rest of the way, say fell down scraped their knees or something along those line and yet we still usually don't. We give passes to come back!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Hell no

Hell no your not getting your money back!
          I have it and I am keeping it.....

We have a little sign that most laugh at

If you have bought your ticket
          And you have become to scared to enter
          We have done what you paid us for
          Thank you
          Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Larry

if they come through your haunt and fall and scrap or cut their leg you better give them more than a pass! You better give them the name of your attorney!
            Graystone Manor. No we don't give refunds you paid us to do a job in scareing you and by you not going in or making it through then I will tell my guys job well done. Can I have my money back I got to get home before 11? no you should have got here sooner. Can I have my money back my dad,mom,cousin,neighbor,the guy across town is sick in the hospital and we need to get there? Well you should have stoped their first. Well he just died...Humm what are you going to do with the body? No refunds!!!! Larry call your attorney! Shane and its Insane Shane to some!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Spriggs View Post
              Hell no your not getting your money back!
              I have it and I am keeping it.....

We have a little sign that most laugh at

If you have bought your ticket
              And you have become to scared to enter
              We have done what you paid us for
              Thank you
              HAHA I love that! I might have to take that into consideration and making one just like that.
              ~Bill Mlinac
              The Deadland Haunted House
              www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
              www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

well

If you are going to use that little caption........

change to to too
                Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Since I am open year-round I see many families in the summer . I spend time trying to reassure the little kids so they might be able to make it through here but if they chicken out early, like first room, I will usually refund the kid's ticket, although actually I'm usually losing two because an adult leaves to sit with the kid in their car.
                  If it's an adult and I scare them so badly at the front door I will refund a percentage of their ticket , not all of it because I must be doing what they wanted, scaring them.
                  One night as this happened I waited for the phone call from the bar next door with them asking for a refund? I gave them some of the ticket back, kept some for my effort, then the boyfriend handed me a $10.oo tip! He really enjoyed seeing his woman get so scared!
                  I just love the idiot who wants a refund at the 3/4 tour mark because , "It isn't scary." But yet they have been taking the chicken-out path through the house!
                  No Refunds there!
                  Same goes for the 11 yr. old boy who is whining and begging for more lights on, takes the chicken path, THEN steps outside at the tour's conclusion , puffs his little chest out and loudly proclaims:"Nothing in there scared me!"
                  A long steel hook should come out of the dark doorway then and goes around his little turkey-neck and drag him kicking and screaming back inside!
                  This house is a "destination" (in tourist terms) and being as forgiving and friendly as I can be 99% of the time does help my business in the long run.
                  I have created a clientel of returning customers over these last 20 yrs., I don't think I did that could have happened by being an obviously greedy azz-whole!
                  "Cut off your nose to spite your face"? My nose is too short all ready!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thats the advantages of being next to a bar Jim.?! Maybe he got a few in him then got free with his money. But no Im sure you did scare the hell out of them! I bet being next to a bar can have its disadvantages as well.?! I usually will give them a free pass to return another time w/o the child if it was too scary for them. And then Ive had parents laugh so hard that there kid didnt get pass the first room say "Youve done your job! Thanks!
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                      Since I am open year-round I see many families in the summer . I spend time trying to reassure the little kids so they might be able to make it through here but if they chicken out early, like first room, I will usually refund the kid's ticket, although actually I'm usually losing two because an adult leaves to sit with the kid in their car.
                      This house is a "destination" (in tourist terms) and being as forgiving and friendly as I can be 99% of the time does help my business in the long run.
                      I have created a clientel of returning customers over these last 20 yrs., I don't think I did that could have happened by being an obviously greedy azz-whole!
                      "Cut off your nose to spite your face"? My nose is too short all ready!
                      Jim,

Having a spring/summer haunt "ride" myself, I do pretty much the same thing you mentioned. Parents are sometimes surprised I even go to that extent and show their appreciation. If I lose a kid, I lose an adult ticket as well so I try to comfort them into going. Each year I have more and more returning customers. Some kids/parents have made it a tradition during special events like 4th of July and such. If costumers demand a refund at the end of the ride, I ask them why they jumped/screamed so many times in the ride as I observed on the 16 cameras. They seem to forget their refund request and head out the door. No sense in arguing with them when you state the facts before they lie about it.
                      During the Halloween season, now that's a different story. Not as many kids/family even want to go in. LOL
                      Tom
                      Creator of the Dungeon
                      WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

I have given refunds to people before they have entered. I haven't had many ask for a refund but I have had a couple ask and based on their individual circumstances I have refunded their money. I wouldn't give one if you couldn't make it all the way through but I would give a pass. Sometimes it just isn't worth the arguement.
                        Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                          Sometimes it just isn't worth the arguement.
                          I agree. And it's also not worth the risk of those individuals coming back later to vandalize or destroy something you put so much into. The days aren't what they use to be.....
                          Tom
                          Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

I have always wondered if the vandal mind was that way because they feel unable to ever have anything worthwile of their own?
                            Jealousy? Or is it boredom? Or just plain old stupid or mean?
                            When I was a kid I assembled and collected maybe a 1,000 plastic model kits, I never busted them up or set them afire, I have a room full of them still..so you can see why I feel very estranged to the line of destructive thinking as is too commonly found in the average destructo young person.
                            I also think that many of the haunted house vandals are mad because they feel the show is not worth the entertainment value per/dollar they had to pay for it.
                            Bad things also begin to happen when groups going through are too large, shielding the vandal from being noticed, also taking the show value down a notch or two because of the size of the group. It's pretty difficult to effectively scare or even entertain 15 or more people at once. somebody is always talking, looking off in the wrong direction, thinking thoughts found on a normal plain, actually attempting to sneak in some normalcy to distract them from the scares you are working on.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, I think it's all of the above, but in certain folks too. One to add to the list is just shear showing off in front of their friends. The bully of the group.
                              But behind most vandals is their attitude deep down inside. These kinds of people are always trying to compensate for lack of a positive thing in their life (in my observance). If they're trying to be bold/unphased in the cue line, those are the ones to keep an eye on. Another thing I have to tend to is drunks when it gets late. I set my closing hours to about 10pm or so depending on the night and the crowd. Now the Halloween season is a different story, I'm manned and prepared for a month of stupidity. But all spring/summer long, I don't care to drain myself in the late night hours protecting my turf.
                              One more thing. I have a sign saying I can deny ticket sales to whomever I deem is intoxicated enough to possibly cause injury to themselves or others. They may not like it but they won't remember that the next day either, LOL. I usually call the local security prior to denying them sales, just in case. An easier method I've used on drunks is, "hey, it's a kiddie ride. You wouldn't like it". Hate to lie but it's for their own safety, and my props too.
                              Now it's time for a beer
                              Tom
                              Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

Working...
                              X