Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money Back Haunt LLC. (BS scheme or good marketing?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe It's Like This, Gregg?

Say I have a taxi business. I charge 25 cents a mile. This is for the back seat only(boring) BUT I will allow you to ride upfront with me for 30 cents a mile(not as boring) then for only 60 cents a mile, I will strap you to the hood and you would play the role of screaming, cussing hood ornament.
    If you need the trunk for a body or small difficult child this is an extra 10 cents a mile.
    If you are Robert Diniro and you will be strapping yourself to the underside of the taxi as in Thunder Bay?
    Welll price is yet negotiable.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Best thread ever, HaHa!
      Joshua
      www.hauntedprints.com
      info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

• Of course since taxi rates per mile are now 10 times that I would be like, what year is this? Where is my regular taxi guy? Who the hell are you? Hell no I'm not sitting up front for another 10 cents!
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

• Stop the car right now and I'll give you $2 !!!!!!!
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

• Oh my God, what has he done with Ralph the regular driver?
            sigpic

Comment

• Gosh Greg...Jim must like you...everytime hes my taxi he just throws my ass in the trunk with a bunch of heavy metal pipes and says Good Luck
              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

• That's one of his jiggle change out of your pockets techniques. In the future you may find you are in there also with Ralph the old taxi driver!
                sigpic

Comment

• Greg,

One of the haunts I know about states that they have 5 attraction. Really all it is, is about a 4000 sq. ft. haunt with 3 facades with different themes. Each one is pretty small. Then they have a vortex tunnel which they count as an attraction and the a very short black out maze with no actors. They are charging at lkeast $20.00 to go through. It would be fine is they just called it what it is, which is really just one medium size haunted house. They seperate the themes to convince customers that they are getting much more bang for their buck. Kinda misleading.

Howie
                  1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

• Howie,

You are dead on... there are a lot of haunts out there with false marketing.
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• We have one about an hour away claiming 8 Haunts and it's 20.00.
                      The first 2 are about 3 minutes long (up some stairs-around 4-5 rooms-back down stairs)...the next one is mostly dark with 1 decent scare...the next 2 are back to short 3-5 minute haunts then a fogged out maze one and a vortex tunnel is the last one. It's at a small amusement park and the last level is the roller coaster at night (the only 'ride' open).
                      They don't even start building it until September.
                      The craziness is they claim to get 20,000-30,000 people a season.

Kirk
                      Kirk Boemmel
                      Dark Ghost Manor
                      www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

• Wicked Farmers comes clean on 'false advertising"

I have the nerve to actually use the word "best" in advertising my place; Bestmaze Corn Maze & Trail of Terror. I actually claim to have the best maze around. But with all I do; and all the other mazes I see I say it with a straight face. The maze is designed, prepared, patrolled, and rainfall managed for best experience possible.

The location is one mile from a interchange of major Interstate highway. The field has large parking lot with security personel. We installed a complete susbsurface drainage system with close to 5 miles of 4" drain tile under the 20 acre field. Heay rains soak in a get away fast and maze does not become a mud bog. All 3 miles of our maze trails are carefully graded and hand raked smooth, and packed. Wheel chairs and baby strollers easily navigate our trails as if they were a 5 foot wide sidewalk. Besides the subsurface tiling; as trails are built; where trails cross the natural flow contour of the field 10 foot long 4" tubes cross inches under the trails much like culverts do where your driveway crosses your ditch. We design trail layout, trail slope, drainage, and water management so well; that within half an hour of a 1" rain I can jump up and down on our trails (I am 180#) and not sink in more than 1/8 inch ANYWHERE...and usually do not even leave a mark. We hear the horror stories every year of "Last year we went to a different maze and walked in 2 inches of mud".

Maze Design. The maze is designed around 4 security towers that oversee the maze and communicate with each other. Customers are never more than a couple turns from direct line of sight with one or two towers. This allows customers to ask for help at any time and not feel abandoned. Of course this set up also allows for maximum ease and effectiveness of patrolling. Maze cut through and destruction is held in check. Maze quality is as good on Oct 31 as it is on Sept 12. There are not a dozen "customer made" short cuts. Parents who have been here before have learned to relax knowing we can keep tabs on their kids. A paniced parent cant find Suzy...she gives description to closest tower position and it is instantly radioed to the other towers and "leg" patrols. Very quickly the parent hears that Suzy is located and hand signal directions can rejoin them. As closing time comes a thourogh "leg" sweep combined with eyes in the sky assure the different sections are empty.

The maze flow is such that Mom does not spend the night looking for little Billy who ended up on a different side of the field in first 10 minutes. Maze flow is designed so that no one is able to spoil your fun by being able to declare large chunks as "That way is a dead end". Signed optional exits occur every 10-15 minutes. It is designed so it is fun for all aspects of society. It is CHALLENGING for hard core mazers...and manageable for little olf ladies and no one ever has to call 911.

"Laugh in the maze or scream on the Trail of Terror." Spending an hour cursing Wicked Farmer for making you walk back and forth lost vowing not to ask a tower for help not your style? Fine; hit the haunted trail ON OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD. We never haunt the maze. We haunt a 1/3 mile trail that twists through the corn so you can not see what happens to the group in front of you. Props are rotated yearly except for a vortex tunnel. Never the same show two years in a row. For a $15 combo ticket you can do both events. Or $6 for the maze & $10 for the intense haunted trail.

Wicked Farmer
                        Last edited by wickedfarmer; 03-29-2012, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Didn't someone used to always teach haunters it was better to split up your haunt into 3 1667 sq ft haunts instead of 1 large 5000 sq ft haunt because you could charge more?
                          Joshua
                          www.hauntedprints.com
                          info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Pumpkin King View Post
                            Here's what irks me about this:

1) You did not invent this idea. This has been around as an urban legend for decades, since before I can even remember. You also heard it from Howie; he used this concept back in 2000. So this idea is clearly NOT your intellectual property and I would argue it cannot be anyone's bacause the urban legends are just so widespread. So I think your patent will fall through.
                            I agree with this. Urban Legends Haunted House in the Detroit area was doing this very thing well over a decade ago. I'm thinking they go back at least 15, maybe more, years. I saw these guys at TransWorld and what I read on their printed materials really bugged me - where they claim that they "own" this concept when it's been done before. This is fact. I also didn't like the way they talked about "aggressively protecting" their intellectual property. Maybe to somebody who doesn't know any better these guys seem like a wonderful opportunity. All I see them doing is taking a concept that's been done before, trying to call it their own and trying to convince people that this was their idea. Maybe I should try to patent "Moving Vehicle Haunted Entertainment Venues" then aggressively go after any haunted hayrides that don't license it from me...

Comment

• Sorry, we were doing haunted car trunks back in the mid 70's. It overlapped with how you got into a drive in theater without paying for a couple more people.
                              sigpic

Comment

• We also have a patent on crowd engineering, mass population putting soap in fountains at a specific time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X