Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waited too long.. Anyone have Spookyprops chainsaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waited too long.. Anyone have Spookyprops chainsaw?

Hello All,

I forgot how woefully unprepared most haunt products companies are for September orders so I've waited too long to order a fairly key item. I'm wondering if anyone has an extra spookyprops chainsaw? Or any other VERY loud one they wouldn't mind selling?? I'd appreciate it. THANKS!

James Lurgio
    Nightmare Productions

hmmm

You may just want to run down to your lowes or home depot. They got a 150$ oilgas mix, 2 stroke chainsaw. Its very high pitch and works fine. Buy it and make it look how you wish. No shipping cost, No waiting, and its new for about the same price.

Comment

Thanks. I would have done that but we're indoor so that's why we wanted the faux one. Any other options?

Comment

Originally posted by James Lurgio View Post
        Thanks. I would have done that but we're indoor so that's why we wanted the faux one. Any other options?
        Is it for a prop or an actor?

Comment

Yes. Operated by a big scary dude. We used a much less expensive one last year that sounded like a dentist drill.. It was a terrible idea. We wanted BIG noise this year just like the one spookyprops makes but was told today that I waited too long.. There was no "Sold Out" sign on the website but it was very clear he was completely overwhelmed and had too much business for him to handle. Sadly, that puts me at a disadvantage. The other company in CA has an auto response email so there's NO telling when they're going to get back to me. This is why I'm putting feelers out to all my friends and hoping something clicks. Any help would be much appreciated.

James Lurgio
          Nightmare Productions

Comment

Originally posted by James Lurgio View Post
            Yes. Operated by a big scary dude. We used a much less expensive one last year that sounded like a dentist drill.. It was a terrible idea. We wanted BIG noise this year just like the one spookyprops makes but was told today that I waited too long.. There was no "Sold Out" sign on the website but it was very clear he was completely overwhelmed and had too much business for him to handle. Sadly, that puts me at a disadvantage. The other company in CA has an auto response email so there's NO telling when they're going to get back to me. This is why I'm putting feelers out to all my friends and hoping something clicks. Any help would be much appreciated.

James Lurgio
            Nightmare Productions
            Best i can tell you to do is buy something like this http://www.brandsonsale.com/ca-006839.html as a temp Prop and put large loud speakers behind the prop that distributes a chiansaw noise. Its the best i can do in the situation your in....
            Last edited by Biohazard; 09-07-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

so...

Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate all the help. We actually got that one last year but despite our best efforts, the "Loud sound" still sounded like a toy. It was actually quite funny so we kept on using it because it made the other actors laugh. LUCKILY, after doing some searching, we found one. I'm thrilled.. What's next.. hmm.. *looks at his long list of stuff to do...*

James Lurgio
              Nightmare Productions

Comment

spookyprop chainsaw

I've got 2 of these and am willing to sell one...they work great...e-mail me direct at st.john1313@yahoo.com

M.St.John
                www.hauntedx.com

Comment

Working...
                X