Terrifying Silence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrifying Silence

So, just read about the world's quietest room, the Anechoic Chamber in Minneapolis. Apparently, the silence is so discomforting that it causes auditory hallucinations, and the longest anyone has been able to stay in the room is 45 min. Maybe someone in the haunted attraction industry could use this technology to make patrons literally scare themselves. With a fictional back story planted in a patrons mind before they enter the room, then who knows what terrifying tricks their mind could create. Also, making the room almost pitch black will certainly add more discomfort. Not sure how practical this idea is in reality, but maybe it's a possibility. I implore anyone to speak with me on this forum about this. Thanks!

-Tyler
    Last edited by Tyler Gillespie; 05-11-2012, 10:01 PM.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Originally posted by Tyler Gillespie View Post
    So, just read about the world's quietest room, the Anechoic Chamber in Minneapolis. Apparently, the silence is so discomforting that it causes auditory hallucinations, and the longest anyone has been able to stay in the room is 45 min. Maybe someone in the haunted attraction industry could use this technology to make patrons literally scare themselves. With a fictional back story planted in a patrons mind before they enter the room, then who knows what terrifying tricks their mind could create. Also, making the room almost pitch black will certainly add more discomfort. Not sure how practical this idea is in reality, but maybe it's a possibility. I implore anyone to speak with me on this forum about this. Thanks!

-Tyler
    As part of a regular attraction it would never work, and the room would be completely trashed within a few weeks. I think, instead, you would be the one who went crazy after seeing your beautiful creation ripped to pieces.

That said, as part of a blackout attraction - something like HOT's Darkstalkers, Manhattan's Blackout Haunted House, or say something like SfFy Channel's Total Blackout, it could prove to be a very powerful aspect indeed.

Oh, btw, welcome to the boards.

C.

Comment

My House.

The Ravens Grin Inn operates with no sound defects or tracks of mood music playing in the backround which can be scarier than constantly hearing those somewhat reassuring recorded sounds. Instead the quiet can be broken by random sounds made by the old house itself and the actual screams and voices of other people in the house.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
      X