2012 HAUNTED OVERLOAD progress thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 HAUNTED OVERLOAD progress thread

Time to start the annual progress thread again. It's the end of February and I feel slightly behind. I Worked on the website pages this weekend. We will start off slowly on props today. I'll post what we do on those soon. Cool plans in the works for this year.

Website pages and animated gif. We got the home page working last night. Dan Thomas is working on the new photo galleries this week. Look at the banner for at least 5 seconds to see it change.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Website looks great - Can't wait to see what you will be building this year, your stuff is always an inspiration and gets the creative thoughts running!

Comment

As always Eric - Great work!
      Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
      www.Fearworld.com
      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Kicking!!!!!!

Wish I had your talent man! Shane and it's love the photos! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys! I hope people can get some inspiration or the thread will spark a few ideas along the way. It's always hard to start off on props. It feels like I just cleaned up from last season, lol! I only have time to post 4 photos tonight of some of the work we started today. In the coming weeks when I have time on the weekend I will go into more detail or answer questions as they come up.

The first score of the day was when we went over to my father's house to get some 2x4's I had been saving. We are making a new train yard scene with giant freight train this year. I couldn't believe these two sections of real railroad track were in the shed. My father had been cutting up the old saw mill. My grandfather had used these rails to hold the logs in place years ago on his home made mill.

Anyway these things weigh about 1,000 pounds each. It should be interesting getting them to the haunt.

I wanted to start off with something easy. We are building 15 new body bags. The goal here is to try and build them really cheap. The wood was from a dumpster, the small heads I had given to me. I'll go into detail later on how these will be put together.

Walley is showing the wood and small heads of the new body bags. We are also expanding our reaper section. The bigger heads are for 10 new reaper figures. We actually started them last year. I'll post photos of the beginning when I dig them out. They are big Styrofoam one piece skulls. We cut the jaws off and reattached them in an open position. Secured a piece of plastic pipe and foamed it in place. This is a perfect base to sculpt over. Teeth will be sculpted as well.

I only got one half finished today because I was setting people up cutting the pieces for the body bags and teeth sculpting.

My wife came home to find a bunch of people in the cellar making props, lol!

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Love the photos you have great coloring. What do you use to build up off the skulls? Is it monster mud?

Looking good Eric!

Jake

Comment

Jake,

It's Magic Sculpt. The stuff is awesome!

http://www.magicsculp.com/

Eric
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Originally posted by elowther
                Jake,

It's Magic Sculpt. The stuff is awesome!

http://www.magicsculp.com/

Eric

Excellent thanks Eric!

Jake

Comment

Cutting wood for the new body bag figures.

Starting to look like bodies now.

Individual teeth made from Magic Sculpt and wire.

The start of another over-sized skull.
                  www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Those body bags are gonna be SWEET! I've never seen anyone do them with roped together boards and I love the idea. Always great to see your progress, everyting looks awesome this year!
                    *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Worked on a new 4x6 promotional card today.

More progress on the body bags.

Jonathan holding up the frames.

Teeth for the new reaper figures.
                      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

It's looking pretty creepy.

There will be 15 of these things all around and an actor or two dressed just like them, lol!
                        www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Hi everyone! I wanted to add a couple of costume progress photos to the thread. This is a character I'm working on with one of our actors. She wanted to do a sort of forest witch/troll creature. We opted for lots of fall colors with a hint of sage green. There's still a bit to be done. The costume will need to be distressed, and we'll be adding lots of natural touches, like bones and beads and dangly doodads. (She also wasn't able to wear some of the warmer pieces because it was about 80 degrees when we took the photos.) This was just a basic makeup for the pictures. We're working on some prosthetic pieces and a ratty cloak for her next.
                          Attached Files
                          Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.

Comment

This is the first giant project we will be working on. It will be 30 feet tall. Scale model finished, it will be painted white for contrast. We will start this weekend. My goal is to get it built by the end of April so we can get on to the main scenes.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Boy it's been hard to keep up with posting on this thread. These are a few photos of the build so far.

View from the second story of the tower. Another story to go.

Death Junction Freight Depot

View of the two towers that will make up the giant train tunnel. This will be a wall with fake stone.
                              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Working...
                              X