TransWorld Seminars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TransWorld Seminars

Hello all! I apologize in advance if this has been discussed previously, and / or if I'm posting in the incorrect area. I did a search and didn't find anything about it though.

I was curious if anyone knows what the incentive for presenting a seminar at TransWorld is? Are the presenters paid, do you get a free pass to the show, or... ? What does one get for presenting?

Thanks!
    Mark

Your admission to the show is free and you are paid based on how long your presentation is.
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Originally posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
      Your admission to the show is free and you are paid based on how long your presentation is.
      Thanks for the info, Zach! Have you presented there before? If so, is the stipend worth the time and preparation overall, do you think?

Comment

I have not, but a guy I worked with did this past show. You don't get too much, but it's at least something for your time.
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

No, it is not worth your time on a monetary sense. Trying to break even or profitt from teaching haunt stuff is as hard as breaking even or getting profitt from having a haunt. I profit from a sense of giving back to the industry that has been my life for the past 26 years. To me teaching is another way to talk haunt with people. I will teach as long as I think I can add value (or as long as they will have me).
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
            No, it is not worth your time on a monetary sense. Trying to break even or profitt from teaching haunt stuff is as hard as breaking even or getting profitt from having a haunt. I profit from a sense of giving back to the industry that has been my life for the past 26 years. To me teaching is another way to talk haunt with people. I will teach as long as I think I can add value (or as long as they will have me).
            Allen H
            Well, thanks both of you, for your input.

You're right Allen, I don't think any of us are going to get filthy rich doing any of this. Maybe just filthy. So it sounds like when it comes right down to it, one would do a seminar for the same reason one does any of this; for the passion of our craft.

Did you at least make the booth fee back for your booth at the show this year? I imagine breaking even must be a challenge after you pay for transportation, hotel and booth fee.

Comment

I think Allen is correct and besides its like just another valid reason to hang with good peps who talk your language and alow you to hang around without suspicion.lol Hey why you looking at me like that. sorry got to run......
              The Care Taker
              John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Working...
              X