Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas?

I have a neighbor who is trying to get rid of a huge wooden spool that is ruffly 5 feet high when turned on its wheels. It seems like it could be used as something cool in a yard haunt, but I can't think of what to use it for for the life of me. Any ideas?
    ~Josh Thompson

http://cheaphalloweenprops.siterubix.com/

Originally posted by Paranormal Fear View Post
    I have a neighbor who is trying to get rid of a huge wooden spool that is ruffly 5 feet high when turned on its wheels. It seems like it could be used as something cool in a yard haunt, but I can't think of what to use it for for the life of me. Any ideas?
    torture device? not sure what it's called - the wheel thing that bends people backwards and stretches them out
    I was thinking haunted carousel, but it's probably not big enough.

Comment

If you hand an industrial themed display you could use it as is... Just have it standing up right and compliment it with large 55gal steel drums... maybe some camo or dorp draped across them?

Otherwise I was thinking similar to haunted's idea and use it as a spinning wheel like at a circus/sideshow. Have a skeleton on it with knives sticking out of it.
      Last edited by Front Yard Fright; 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM.
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

FYI - it's generally a good idea to not triple post the same question in three different places.

That said, what is the theme you are working with?

C.

Comment

Thank you for letting me know that. I honestly didn't realize it was a bad idea to post on multiple threads.

My theme is everything centered around the paranormal. I'm not much for torture in my haunts, though the torture device mentioned previously seems to be the only thing I can really think of at this moment, other than simply having it as a scene setter.
          ~Josh Thompson

http://cheaphalloweenprops.siterubix.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Paranormal Fear View Post
            Thank you for letting me know that. I honestly didn't realize it was a bad idea to post on multiple threads.

My theme is everything centered around the paranormal. I'm not much for torture in my haunts, though the torture device mentioned previously seems to be the only thing I can really think of at this moment, other than simply having it as a scene setter.
            Oh yeah, I've done that too.

Cover the spool with a table cloth and use it as a table, only the fact that you have such a strong structure underneath can allow you to build into it some elaborate effects, like a trash can trauma style effect popping up from the middle of it, for instance. Kinda like a lovely centerpiece of roses, that pops up to reveal a skull, like Bertha from The Grateful Dead.

grateful_dead800.jpg

I'll think more on it.

One thing that does occur to me is if you are a Doctor Who fan, that can provide the chassis for a TARDIS console. While not particularly scary, that can be a whole new world of cool in and of itself. The Doctor has dealt with some paranormal things in the past, so it's not that much of a stretch.

5-doc+console.jpg

C.

Comment

Working...
            X