What do you think it could use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think it could use?

IV got A Zombie/biohazardous/quarintine/CDC themed haunt. It’s made of Tarp and wood and made to look makeshift in the case of an emergency. I want to know what you think this haunt could use and I would also love to hear any suggestions. This year it consists of/a already.

-storage area
    -medic lab with specimen cage near by
    -dug up body with biohazard containment coffin
    -few hallways
    -cloth covered victim bodies in various areas (some actors some not)
    -deployment and work area with CDC van
    -5 fog machines varying from 400 - 1000 watt, 1 chilled
    -5 strobes one large, 4 medium
    -webbing
    -various biohazard containers as props
    -black lights are to be determined
    -chainsaw actor
    -zombie actors
    -CDC personnel actors
    -Survivors actors
    -Air compressor with work in progress props
    -gasmask and NBC suits for survivors
    -various signs and survivor writings
    -Flood lights with various colors
    -Mechanic lights that hang throughout the halls

And does anyone know how to make corded lights dim and/or flicker and what not; my hanged lights are far too bright.

Thankyou...

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
    And does anyone know how to make corded lights dim and/or flicker and what not; my hanged lights are far too bright.

Thankyou...
    These are what I use to dim and flicker 110v corded lights.

http://www.efx-tek.com/topics/fc-4.html

Great products.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Originally posted by gadget-evilusions View Post
      These are what I use to dim and flicker 110v corded lights.

http://www.efx-tek.com/topics/fc-4.html

Great products.
      Investigating, anyone else have anything?

Comment

Mix in some kewl audio loops of urgent warning messages, klaxons, sirens, zombie moaning, screams in the distance.
        missjayne
        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Banshee View Post
          Mix in some kewl audio loops of urgent warning messages, klaxons, sirens, zombie moaning, screams in the distance.
          On it, though i really need some up to date software for it, anyone got somethin?

Comment

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
            Brian Warner
            Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
            Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
            Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Originally posted by gadget-evilusions View Post
              Tankyou This should help a lot. Anyone have anything they think should be included with the haunt itself?

Comment

How about a Decontamination Room at the end? This can be very simple with just some plastic sheeting. For the scare, a hidden air cannon would be great. If this is out of your budget, maybe you could use a hand-activated blow gun hooked to a compressor or a leaf blower. You might be able to borrow one of those from a friend or neighbor if you don't have a compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
                  How about a Decontamination Room at the end? This can be very simple with just some plastic sheeting. For the scare, a hidden air cannon would be great. If this is out of your budget, maybe you could use a hand-activated blow gun hooked to a compressor or a leaf blower. You might be able to borrow one of those from a friend or neighbor if you don't have a compressor.
                  Iv got a compressor as listed. but your idea is good and will now be concluded were can i get those industrial flap things you see on doors.

Comment

Try yellow gumball light (siren lights like on old cop cars) mount them vertically they look great in toxic areas. the spinning light traveling across the ground is a cool effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
                      Try yellow gumball light (siren lights like on old cop cars) mount them vertically they look great in toxic areas. the spinning light traveling across the ground is a cool effect.
                      I have actualy been looking into that to make my ford e350 look more like a CDC first responder.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                        Iv got a compressor as listed. but your idea is good and will now be concluded were can i get those industrial flap things you see on doors.
                        I would just use plastic. This is one of the few instances where it would actually be and look appropriate in a haunt. That's what you would expect to see in a real one (if the movies I've seen are accurate).

Here's a cheap source for small beacon lights: http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/br...d+Beacon+Light

It doesn't look like the quality is very good but they are cheap and that can be very important late in the game.

Where are you at in California?
                        Last edited by shawnc; 09-20-2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

depending on the power/type of fog machine you are using, a decontaminate scene would be awesome. Most people love the use of fog. You could easily put together a custom MP3 and have it say something like "I got zombie juice all over me, get it off, get it off" and pssssssssssssssssh the blast of fog acts as the decontaminate. I have seen this type of thing done a few times and when done right it can be really cool. The above is just a quick example...hopefully you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
                            I would just use plastic. This is one of the few instances where it would actually be and look appropriate in a haunt. That's what you would expect to see in a real one (if the movies I've seen are accurate).

Here's a cheap source for small beacon lights: http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/br...d+Beacon+Light

It doesn't look like the quality is very good but they are cheap and that can be very important late in the game.

Where are you at in California?
                            Riverside county.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHauntedOwl View Post
                              depending on the power/type of fog machine you are using, a decontaminate scene would be awesome. Most people love the use of fog. You could easily put together a custom MP3 and have it say something like "I got zombie juice all over me, get it off, get it off" and pssssssssssssssssh the blast of fog acts as the decontaminate. I have seen this type of thing done a few times and when done right it can be really cool. The above is just a quick example...hopefully you get the idea.
                              I do however i have no skill or knoledge in channeling audio like this. at the moment i use big speakers to distrubute sound throughout and even now with what i have made it sounds cheesy, kinda wish somebody had a pre-existing theme sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X