Salem, MA Haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salem, MA Haunts

Does anyone here own a haunt in Salem, MA? I'm interested to know how well something like this does in the area. One school of thought is obviously, its Salem, MA, which to the general public is the mecca of Halloween. But the other side, is it too saturated and over-played to succeed? Just a case of curiosity. Thanks!

There were some witches died in Salem, MA, didn;t you know that? More than 400 years or so....
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to type that, though grammatically butchered, humorous in it's own respect. Anyone with some real input regarding the question?

Comment

I know there used to be some there. John Denley had two or three I think. And even Leonard Pickle had one there at one time. Not sure if there is any there now. John Denley does Spooky World and Leonard well he does a little thing called Hauntcon. Not sure how well they did over the years. May of been a passing thing?
        Damon
        Frightmasters
        www.houseoffright.com
        Damon Carson

Comment

The videos I have seen look as though a convergence of tourist do converge but then wierdness from combative christian groups and old lady shop owners selling trinkets claiming to be decendents of witches spend hours yelling at each other on bull horns insulting who ever walks by one way or another. Years were spent putting in monster museums and side attractions that for some reason do so much money they were leased to others. Then more came as that must make money then right? So after a few years trying couldn't bring in enough to keep the doors open. Or rather to get the numerous tourists to partake in yet another kind of mentality.

They generally tried year round attractions and the halloween season was not enough of a boost to keep them as year round attractions.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. loomis View Post
            Thanks for taking the time to type that, though grammatically butchered, humorous in it's own respect. Anyone with some real input regarding the question?
            I already sent you a PM. Check it out.
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks guys. This is all very interesting. Yeah, I kind of assumed it was majority capitalized off the witch craft thing, but I recently met a couple from Salem and they said it's more than just that, it's a place for Halloween nuts. They know nothing about the Haunt world as a business though obviously... Thanks again for the input. Keep it coming!

Comment

In October 2008 I visited Salem and there were three Haunts at the time. One was a 3d haunt located in a side shop. Another was located in there "mall" and the last was in the basement of a with house. All three were low tech and small but each put on a decent show.

I have no idea what they were called or who owned them.
                Joshua
                www.hauntedprints.com
                info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Working...
                X