No announcement yet.

HauntWorld Magazine - Transworld SHOW THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think people are going overboard by saying animations are dead that will never happen. The only reason Scarefactory didn't offer as much this year is because they were so consumed with rebuilding the Coney Island haunts they had no time. If they had they'd have done many more cool pieces and they would sell just like every year because costumed characters are #1 but most aren't really skilled but animations always look great from SF.

Jake

Comment

Larry I think you are right about the fact that animations may have less demand in the future and I think The animatronic guys know this. That is why they have been trying to put a actor in control with the actor controlled props now. I feel that the costumes now need to have a high level of detail to and look just as good in daylight as under show lights. It's about taking the customer to another place and to do that you must put realizim in to all aspects of a haunt.

The hard part now is standing out in the croud of haunts out there, you need to get them to your door by spending a lot of money on marketing but if you don't have a good show they will be one and done with your show. The haunts that balance this well will be the ones that will grow and the rest will die out. Because of technology marketing is getting cheaper with all the online marketing out there, TV is almost gone for most haunts, radio is going that way, print is strong still industry based regenal mags but not main stream news papers, web based is now more mature and effective. The person that can reach their demographics with a effective message will be successful and will be able to do it with less money.

As far as facts on trailer haunts the emergency light, exit signs and egress, but in most states the fall under the the carnival laws which don't fall under ADA and fire suppression requirements. This is even true in very restrictive city's like Chicago. Unfortunately Michigan is not one of those states.

Larry you spend a tremendus amount money and work in to detail, but for us outside St. Louis we don't really see your marketing, can you share a little of your marketing strategies with us so we may get a picture of the whole package.

Phatman
      Phatman

Comment

Been Preaching for years

Statics props to distract and Great Actors to scare make the show...Animatronics are great eye candy...need some but not all... a well balanced haunted house is what i would be going for....For advertising secretes i would use 1st a Facebook share coupon... With a Nice offer..When i did advertising i use to tell my clients

Put a Crappy Offer Your Gonna Get a Crappy Response
        Put an Alright offer your gonna get an Alright Response
        Put A GREAT offer your gonna get a Great Response

Same rules apply

Your customer base is online..Not in the news papers,,,Not Listening To radios...

I would be all about Bill Boards

A huge Gorilla marketing Lots of cards , Flyers Etc,,...

Online Google Search Ads

Facebook Shares and Ads...

Podcast Promotions- They listen -

And TV spots on MTV , and AMC and FX

Also You Tube Videos and Promote Your Video Via you tube..

Make the video about Customer Reactions...Film People coming out with responses if you get some one puking FILM IT !

Add some Sets , props and Actors in Between the Responses...

and here is one A RAIN COUPON - buy one get one free on rainy nights only Tell me if your dead with the rain that night.. Offer Void if rain stops...

Figure rain = Dead night - Gonna pay the actors and bills for the night might as well keep em working...instead of losing money..

Also Gimmicks I wanted to do this on Sunday nights but the haunt i was working with would not First 50 People on line Sunday's Admittance Free
        see how many people are trying to be the first 50..and once on line they are not gonna leave...

Just some thoughts

To help you all...

Jerry

and animatronic sales have been declining since the recession hit allot of Friendors i got tell me it not what it use to be..

Comment

One More Thing

SEO

Search Engine Optimization !!!!!!!!!!!!!Very Important!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when some one goes to a search Engine and types in Haunted House In ______ state

Where do you come up...First page Top 5 is where you want to be..and a Good SEO Manger is a way to get there
          However that has to be start 3 months before the event opens takes time to move up...

Comment

What do you mean by share coupon? I know how the share button works but not with a coupon? And how is it redeemed?

Comment

You share the coupon with your Facebook friends

Phatman
              Phatman

Comment

How to use a share Coupon

Ok on your facebook page or Fan Page

You make a coupon....

To active this coupon your friends or fans must SHARE it to their friends

When they come to your ticket booth have them show There Smart Phone and that they shared it...and then they get the discount

Think about it...If 1 customer has 1,000 friends now 1,000 friends know about your coupon and they share it and it keeps going
                and going and going...

Social Media at its finest.

Comment

Jerry that won't work for me I have no friends, I don't even know my password anymore. Now my wife has over 2500 friends and some stinking farm game that is the size of Ohio. Sometimes I wonder what she does with all her time.

Phatman
                  Phatman

Comment

Need to create a Fan Page

On facebook...Very Important...for your haunted house...trust me..

Farmville...HA yea i tend to not play those things...But Facebook is where its at...

I have 2 right now for creepycollection

HUGE..impact to us

Most of the people that came by the booth spoke about all the new props they seen on facebook...the whole show...if it works
                    for me with you guys it will work with your customers for sure ! A MUST

Comment

There is a book called

Who Moved my Cheese

Read it...

Its 100% whats going on right now with the Leap over to Digital Ads from Paper... and radio to facebook /social media

The cheese is still out there...Its just moved some where else...

Very good book

Comment

Thanks Jerry will look for book.

Phatman
                        Phatman

Comment

This Post was supposed to be for voting: Original Post below:

OKay this is THE THREAD please don't start 50 others... lets put everything in one place so later on down the road we can re-live this years show. So if you see something you like, have a video, have a photo, loved something you did or whatever post it here. Also for the next Magazine we will publish the best of the show... so here is what we need to know for starters.. see below. Also wanted to mention we updated the front page of Hauntworld.com check it out and let us know what you thought! Start uploading your photos, videos, and adding your thoughts and opinions! BTW if you have a subscription to the magazine pick it up during the show at our booth!

Who had the best overall new products

Who had the best overall single new animation or effect

Who had the best overall booth design

Who had the best new masks

Who had the best overall costumes

Best Event you attended during the show

Who had the best overall business to business product

Who had the best new props

Who had the goriest new prop or animation THE GORE AWARD

Who had the best product under $500 dollars and who had the best over $2500

Which speaker presented the best seminar

What was the best educational product or service offered at the show

What was the product that made you go WOW

Comment

I recall Distortions did inflatable facades (during the same time they did the Beast inflatable) back in2005. So the inflatable piece Scarefactory had at the show was nothing new....

Comment

Originally posted by casketvamp2 View Post
                              I recall Distortions did inflatable facades (during the same time they did the Beast inflatable) back in2005. So the inflatable piece Scarefactory had at the show was nothing new....
                              I thought the same thing 10 years ago that would've been hot now people are gravitating more towards realism I've noticed. Might be fun for daytime events though.

Jake

Comment

I will take stab but I'm not the one to ask because I didn't really walk the show floor. I walked with two of my guys who picked up brochures for me and I looked really quick over a one hour period. So you guys know best so tell me what you think. We will hand out some awards in the next magazine.

Who had the best overall new products: My vote would be no one really. Nothing overall blew me away.

Who had the best overall single new animation or effect: None

Who had the best overall booth design: Dead House Designs plus I thought Gore Galore had a really nice booth as well.

Who had the best new masks Too many to count

Who had the best overall costumes Too many to count

Best Event you attended during the show The Darkness tour without a doubt! LOL

Who had the best overall business to business product that new photo machine that we had in our booth

Who had the best new props Ghost Ride

Who had the goriest new prop or animation THE GORE AWARD Ghost Ride

Who had the best product under $500 dollars and who had the best over $2500 Gore Galore Pots and pans / Scarefactory Inflatable

Which speaker presented the best seminar Didn't attend any so don't know

What was the best educational product or service offered at the show: How to Haunt DVD Line was it ever in doubt? LOL

What was the product that made you go WOW I really liked Dead House Designs booth a lot but one product to make me go wow none really.
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President
                                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                                X