No announcement yet.

Jay Juneau - Juneau Studio Problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately there are quite a few vendors that shouldn't have a company to begin with. If you take a person's money and aren't able to provide a service or product then the customer deserves their money back. If the customer doesn't get a refund, it's called stealing and this is a crime. It would be like if you went to Mcdonald's and ordered a double cheeseburger. You get to the window and the employee takes your money, but doesn't give you a double cheeseburger. Mcdonald's would be out of business pretty fast.

If a company doesn't have time to take a few minutes to respond to customers then they most likely aren't going to take the time to make your product. Any company that steals from customers should be banned from all haunt conventions and deserves to fail. Why do so many haunters accept companies not providing a product on time or at all? Isn't it funny how these dead beat companies want your money right away, but take their sweet time making the product and have the audacity to complain about you not contacting them. Unless the owner has a disease that causes him to not be able to provide a product or is dead then there's really no excuse. If you can't provide the product on the date you promise then the customer deserves their money back.
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Da da da da daaaaa!

You're my hero.

Originally posted by Jolly Pumpkin View Post
      Unfortunately there are quite a few vendors that shouldn't have a company to begin with. If you take a person's money and aren't able to provide a service or product then the customer deserves their money back. If the customer doesn't get a refund, it's called stealing and this is a crime. It would be like if you went to Mcdonald's and ordered a double cheeseburger. You get to the window and the employee takes your money, but doesn't give you a double cheeseburger. Mcdonald's would be out of business pretty fast.

If a company doesn't have time to take a few minutes to respond to customers then they most likely aren't going to take the time to make your product. Any company that steals from customers should be banned from all haunt conventions and deserves to fail. Why do so many haunters accept companies not providing a product on time or at all? Isn't it funny how these dead beat companies want your money right away, but take their sweet time making the product and have the audacity to complain about you not contacting them. Unless the owner has a disease that causes him to not be able to provide a product or is dead then there's really no excuse. If you can't provide the product on the date you promise then the customer deserves their money back.

Comment

The first step

The first step is to do away with the "Personas" (fake names) used on this site. You should be required to have your real name displayed every time you post. I know the dick head in Arkansas (Mike 501-398-3327, give him a call) that ripped me off just changed his "handle" when he was thrown off hauntworld. It would be simple for me to open a bunch of alter egos and promote my own products.
        George Maser 864-761-7223, masertents@gmail.com. For the fastest response please call or text! (I talk much better than I type)

Comment

PREACH... IT... BROTHER-MAN!

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know my name is badass when I lay My vengeance upon thee...."

Originally posted by badass View Post
          sooo Damon...its your contention that it is up to the haunt owner to not expect their order ....when it was promised ?

and not to expect a call from said vendor..but to take more time out of their schedule to run down said vendor ?

what a great industry ...bee sure to buy from haunt tactics or outlaw or what ever they have changed their name to now...

i lost 5 grand and its been 2 years now and the exact same thing happened to me...

assholes on here saying ...ohh they are a great company..u guys should work this out...bull shit.....work what out...??? i paid 5 grand and am still waiting...

taking someones money and not delivering is bullshit....and some one who places blame on the haunt owner who puts his trust in their company...is an asshole
          How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Jay.... Contact me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should i take time out of my day to dial a number ive called before only to hear it go to voicemail?
            I do not feel in anyway that i "Look bad". If this is what is necessary to get a vendors attention, then so be it. He knows the situation, he knows i want my money and he knows EXACTLY where to send it to? How in the hell could i make this any easier? All he needs to do is log into paypal and send the money, hell he doesnt even need ti contact me.

I understand he had problems at his shop, but now that he has seen this, there is NO excuse why i have not been paid.
            It's $250, that's chump change to him since he is doing so well?

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
            I posted and Jay posted how to get ahold of him. Why haven't you contacted him instead of adding to this thread? Its only $250.00 why must you bash another vendor on here? Personally this makes you look bad in my opinion. Call him and bury this. Doesn't look good for either one of you.
            Thanks
            Damon
            Www.frightmasters.weebly.com
            He sd he called you several times back in April!
            Jarred Alcala
            Owner
            Shattered FX

www.Shatteredfx.com
            www.Facebook.com/Shatteredfxmasks

Comment

I did call you 2-4 times in march and april, YOU never called back.

Jarred thats bs, you never called us back or sent us an email to our company, maybe your to busy on facebook playing Farmville. you did send us an email to my facebook and said you did not get back to me. that was in June or July... We are not on Facebook.

all you had to do is return one of our calls, i am not going to chase you down, if you cant return calls.

show me where you called me back in march or april or even in the past few weeks and i will (pay double)

the point is you never return our calls like this guy or mine.

Last edited by iamscared2009; 09-12-2013, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Wow, professional huh?

Jay,

Look at you taking the time to go out and find anything you can on my company??? You take the time to do that but you cant give me a call or email??? I just called and emailed you, AGAIN! And guess what, no answer.

For the record of the video- The customer received a mask that slipped out without myself checking it, and he never contacted us with his problem. Someone brought the video to my attention and i immediately corrected the problem and sent him a brand new mask. He is happy, and said he will be taking the video down. By all means you can message him and ask him yourself. I take care of my customers, people make mistakes, and i take the time to fix any that i make.
                I make it a priority not to make enemies in this industry, you apparently don't give a shit.
                I defended you several times when people said you completely ripped off several of Pale Nights video effects, i now know i was wrong to do that.

I'm 21 and i'll never stoop to your level of immaturity. It shows how desperate you are to defend yourself that you start making other people look bad.

Originally posted by iamscared2009 View Post
                Jarred thats bs, you never called us back or sent us an email to our company, maybe your to busy on facebook playing Farmville. you did send us an email to my facebook and said you did not get back to me. that was in June or July... We are not on Facebook.

all you had to do is return one of our calls, i am not going to chase you down, if you cant return calls.

show me where you called me back in march or april or even in the past few weeks and i will (pay double)

the point is you never return our calls like this guy or mine.

Jarred Alcala
                Owner
                Shattered FX

www.Shatteredfx.com

Comment

I’ll be honest, I have purchase from both ShatteredFX and Juneau Studios in the past. However, after seeing and reading this play out publicly, I am unlikely to do so again. Don’t get me wrong, I believe everyone should pay their bills. I think instead of posting review videos and barbs, you guys should be on the phone working this out in private. I have had good and bad experiences with many vendors. I have found some vendors do great work but have terrible customer support and communications skills. Poor support combined with poor communications skills should put vendors out of business. If you’re a vendor, emulate the successful vendors. I doubt very seriously that you would find Distortions, Poison Props, CFX, Unit 70, or GG in a public pissing match like this one.

I have to say as a customer, what is playing out here is bad business. I run a successful multimillion dollar software company. I know a little something about business and customer support. I also have a home haunt, which I am lucky enough to operate with a $10,000 – $15,000 yearly budget (chump change to most of you but I doing this all for free). I do business with many vendors on this forum. For years I have studied successful haunters because I do hope to eventually open a haunted attraction that is not fully funded by yours truly. Almost every haunter here can tell you about a vendor stealing from them. I say stealing because if you take money for a product that is never delivered, it is theft. If you take a product and you do not pay, that is also theft.

Vendors will continue to operate the way they operate so long as customers continue to accept their business practices. If a vendor doesn't have the cash flow to build an order without you paying 100% upfront, there is a good chance you’re not going to get your full order or receive it on time, if ever. We as customers can clean out the bad vendors by simply doing business with the good vendors. Other options would be to use escrow accounts so that vendors have more skin in the game. New or poor performing vendors should not get 50% or 100% upfront without having a stake in the final outcome. If we all continue to go to Transworld every year and pay bad vendors upfront nothing is going to change.

I got off on a tangent - sorry about that, just the thoughts of one paying customer.

John Cowan

Comment

I agree. This is completely outside how i handle situations, i've never had to go this far with anything in my life.
                    I'd hate to lose you as a customer, and hopefully i'll have a chance to prove that.

The ONLY reason that this is on a public forum is because he was not returning my calls, emails, facebook, anything! I felt bad just posting on his facebook wall asking for the money, i usually like to keep that in messages but he was not responding.
                    Sometimes bringing situations like this to the public is the only way to get someones attention and get a problem corrected.

Originally posted by southernhaunter View Post
                    I’ll be honest, I have purchase from both ShatteredFX and Juneau Studios in the past. However, after seeing and reading this play out publicly, I am unlikely to do so again. Don’t get me wrong, I believe everyone should pay their bills. I think instead of posting review videos and barbs, you guys should be on the phone working this out in private. I have had good and bad experiences with many vendors. I have found some vendors do great work but have terrible customer support and communications skills. Poor support combined with poor communications skills should put vendors out of business. If you’re a vendor, emulate the successful vendors. I doubt very seriously that you would find Distortions, Poison Props, CFX, Unit 70, or GG in a public pissing match like this one.

I have to say as a customer, what is playing out here is bad business. I run a successful multimillion dollar software company. I know a little something about business and customer support. I also have a home haunt, which I am lucky enough to operate with a $10,000 – $15,000 yearly budget (chump change to most of you but I doing this all for free). I do business with many vendors on this forum. For years I have studied successful haunters because I do hope to eventually open a haunted attraction that is not fully funded by yours truly. Almost every haunter here can tell you about a vendor stealing from them. I say stealing because if you take money for a product that is never delivered, it is theft. If you take a product and you do not pay, that is also theft.

Vendors will continue to operate the way they operate so long as customers continue to accept their business practices. If a vendor doesn't have the cash flow to build an order without you paying 100% upfront, there is a good chance you’re not going to get your full order or receive it on time, if ever. We as customers can clean out the bad vendors by simply doing business with the good vendors. Other options would be to use escrow accounts so that vendors have more skin in the game. New or poor performing vendors should not get 50% or 100% upfront without having a stake in the final outcome. If we all continue to go to Transworld every year and pay bad vendors upfront nothing is going to change.

I got off on a tangent - sorry about that, just the thoughts of one paying customer.

John Cowan
                    Jarred Alcala
                    Owner
                    Shattered FX

www.Shatteredfx.com

Comment

John I agree that this public bashing is not good, but I will say that I also have delt with both Jared and Jay with good results. I don't under stand why Jay can post and place calls to people that are not involved but can't just make a call to the people he owes.
                      Phatman

Comment

Jarred i called you!!!

Hey jarred

Charge up your phone buddy, i JUST called you

Thanks for returning our phone call from 6 months ago, you called us 4 times today ...

Give me a call back, so we can get you paid....

PS. i called u days ago Larry

Comment

Update update update!!

Just an update for you guys looking to do business with Jay- DONT!

I have still not been paid, after countless phone calls, emails, etc... he has blocked me on facebook ignored both my emails and phone calls and has had no contact for 2 weeks.

I've come to the conclusion i will not be getting my money and that Juneau Studios is a complete scam.
                          I just want to make sure everyone knows how this turned out and does not get pulled into the same trap and get ripped off like i did!
                          Jarred Alcala
                          Owner
                          Shattered FX

www.Shatteredfx.com

Comment

I had a great experience with Jay. We had sd card trouble on our electric chair called him on a Sunday, he picked up the phone talked me through it and even overnighted me a new one. Sorry for your bad transaction. Hope it all works out. Just thought I would chime in

Comment

acting like a school girl!!

again, called you a few times, you set me to voicemail each time, you did not want to pick up.

I emailed you and said i needed to talk to you and then i would send over payment, you said you did not want to talk to me.

I then said the mask was ripped and i will send over paymet and you emailed no you would not fix the mask, it ripped two days of using it at TW. I have the emails ( i can post a video of the emails and mask later this week)

To say juneau studios is a scam, is slander, you need to remove that bs, i will have an attorney so far up your red headed a$$, you will be tasting his shaving cream.

You never bought anything from us.

I called you many time in march and april, you never called us back till a few weeks ago.

Your 20? acting like a 12 year old.

I have 2 venders on here still waiting for stuff i ordered from TW,

Stop acting like a jealous ex girlfriend blowing up a phone over 200.00 and emailing 19 times in 3 mins.

But i asked to talk to you to make sure you would fix the mask,and get you paid.... its ripped, the eye holes are 2 small (great if your a barbie doll) but i still like the mask.

Originally posted by ShatteredFX View Post
                              Just an update for you guys looking to do business with Jay- DONT!

I have still not been paid, after countless phone calls, emails, etc... he has blocked me on facebook ignored both my emails and phone calls and has had no contact for 2 weeks.

I've come to the conclusion i will not be getting my money and that Juneau Studios is a complete scam.
                              I just want to make sure everyone knows how this turned out and does not get pulled into the same trap and get ripped off like i did!

Comment

Jarred,

We will back you up as witnesses & all kinds of documents. I have at least 10 witnesses or more.

Its not slander when its true..

Jay loves switching around to the other persons fault, just like I said before. Its always the other persons fault. He does not need to talk to you Jay. Send him his money back period. We went through the same crap.
                                Everything he writes here is not for you, Its for everybody else....

Lets assume for a min. A short min. That what Jay says is true....is that how you want a vendor to reply.....

Stay away from this smooth talking scam artist....

Stew

Comment

Working...
                                X