No announcement yet.

Its Official: Transworld Halloween and Haunt Show is Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I look forward to a nicer climate to attend, though, now I have to fly, but this gives my wife a little something else to do, it's Vegas!
    I'm thinking that the overall cost will be just slightly more that what we've been paying for the last 6-7 yrs.
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

• It can take some money to keep a wife entertained.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• It makes no difference where the show is, if your serious about your business you will be there.

In my opinion, the show will see increased attendance not only from plenty of qualified buyers who will make it a mini vacation, but for the following reason as well.

We've attended Transworld every year in Chicago and until this year none of our staff had seriously expressed an interest in going, no offense intended but partly because it's Chicago in Feb/March. However, now that they know the show will be in Vegas we already have staff making plans for it. I think you'll see plenty of haunted house staff/actors use it as an excuse to go to Vegas.

Most people who attend Transworld have to fly, I don't think you'll find a cheaper city to fly to from most anywhere in the country. As far as cheap hotels, I don't think you'll find a city with more options either. Even some of the cheaper hotels in Vegas have to be nicer and better kept than the Crowne Plaza.

Oh, and did I mention its Vegas!
        Chris Stafford
        1331 Entertainment Group
        Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
        13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
        13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

• I look forward to a nicer climate to attend,
          You mean you won't miss this? ((Just cut and pasted from the lead story "30 below windchill Chicago" on Drudge)):

* Statement as of 8:39 PM CST on February 03, 2007 *

... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 9 am CST /10 am
          EST/ Tuesday...

Bitterly cold temperatures will drop into the 5 below to 15 below
          zero range overnight... with the coldest temperatures north of
          Interstate 80. Gusty west winds of 15 to 20 mph will continue to
          diminish tonight... but the combination of the bitterly cold
          temperatures and the wind will allow for frigid wind chills as low
          as 25 below to 30 below zero tonight. Temperatures will only rise
          to around the zero degree mark on Sunday for areas north of
          Interstate 80... and from zero to 5 above zero south of Interstate
          80. West winds will becoming gusty again on Sunday with daytime
          wind chills of 20 below to 30 below zero. Bitterly cold air
          temperatures and blustery winds will continue to keep wind chills
          in this range through Tuesday morning.

... and myself, Ron, Terror on the Fox Gang, etc... all live NORTH of Chicago - they don't call it the frozen tundra for nothing!!!!

PS: GO BEARS!!!
          Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
          The White Star Farm
          "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

• Just checked the weather. Right, now at 11am, -10 w/o the windchill. Close to -35/-40 with. :shock: Now, I have to leave and go do a magic show in an hour which means unloading & loading back up in the elements. Fortunately, it is just a basic show, so my load ins for those only take 10 minutes. Then I am gonna go home, turn on the TV and watch the Superbowl. Speaking of football, did you know that when the Pack played the Cowboys in the famous Ice Bowl in the 60's it was -70 windchill :shock: :shock: :shock: And that was back before when people had the great thermal jackets and undies. I laugh whenever I see footage of that game and you see some ladies in the stands in just basic jackets. I wonder how much of that footage was from the 1st few minutes of the game and then they spent the rest in the car in the parking lot!!
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

• Don't let those bunnies that you pull out of the hat freeze! Have a great show and warm up with Da Bowl and a hot toddy. Yum!

Speaking of the Ice Bowl - My husband dragged me to the Packer Hall of Fame last year (actually, it's well done and pretty cool), and they have one section dedicated to "The Ice Bowl!"

PS: The Lombardi Trophy room was the best - the theatrics/lighting/projectoin effects were subtle, but very moving - people whispered in there - it was like church!
              Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
              The White Star Farm

Comment

Im telling you i feel really bad for the dogs today! My beagle had to keep switching feet to poop! It was entertaining as hell! Usually don't watch my dog poop but this was funnny while excrutiating all at the same time!

So Ron you guys got Favre for one more year huh? Glad to hear it, i like Brett i just wish his Jersey was blue and orange! Man i didn't say that outloud did I? lol

And Nicole, give your sweetie a kiss for me today and tell him it's from another bear fan! Hah!

Comment

• I changed the message on my answering machine to make mention of the impending cold temps forecast for tonight and telling people to stay home.
                  Yesterday and last night I had a total of 24 paying customers go through here, even though the temp. /wind-chill was -20!
                  So, tonight a few people wearing only t-shirts on their upper bodies will probably show up here! (It has happened lately)
                  Yesterday I had to spend alot of time in the cold doing these events here for those people, I really wonder "Why"? I would rather be alot more comfortable.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Jim, for us, it's just not the 'grin without the cold!

-- I
                    -------------------------------
                    http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

• I was reading on the Hauntworld Yahoo group that plane tickets from Philly to Vegas is HALF the price of Philly to Chicago. Just food for thought!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Not sure where they got that deal, but I just checked Expedia.com and the plane fair from Philly to Las Vegas was on average one hundred dollars more than Philly to Chicago. More food for thought! :roll:
                        Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                        Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

• I'm too tired and too lazy to look this up... what's the airfare going for from Chicago to Vegas for all of us losers stuck here in da home of da Bears? Something tells me it ain't cheap.

I remember seeing ads every once and awhile like $64/each way to Vegas? What happened to those days? JetBlue is supposed to be cheap - I looked them up last week for Chicago to Vegas and it was like $350 r/t? WTF?!?!
                          Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                          The White Star Farm

Comment

• Not sure about Chicago- Sin city, but about $500 from the airport in my town there
                            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

• I found a deal for Larry K. only $250 leaving from Tipton, Missouri to California 25 days later you will be in there....this deal was a deal in the 1850's, of course $250 back then is said to have been equal to $3,000 in today's dollars.
                              1,100 miles bouncing in a stagecoach, non-stop for 25 days.
                              John Butterfield's Overland Mail Co.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Adam,

I'm just telling you what Randy Bates said, on the Hauntworld Yahoo Group... I guess it depends on dates you choose, return dates and more.
                                Too bad the show is STILL moving! LOL

BTW, Adam, did you get my note that 44% something percent of MY customers came from Illiniois last year. We tracked it through a coupon program on our website.

Didn't know if you caught that or not!

Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President
                                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                                X