No announcement yet.

Rex B. Hamilton looks forward to meeting you at the 2010 TransWorld convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rex B. Hamilton looks forward to meeting you at the 2010 TransWorld convention

Rex B. Hamilton looks forward to meeting you at the 2010 TransWorld convention

March 22, 2010

Greetings, Fellow Haunters:

I look forward to meeting all of you this coming weekend at TransWorld’s Halloween and Attractions Show. Just like last year, the convention will be held at the America’s Center in downtown St. Louis, Missouri. I’ll be there from Wednesday afternoon until late Sunday morning. This will be my 14th consecutive visit to the largest show in our industry.

My fellow Scab 5 comrade-in-harm, Jeff “Samhain” Glatzer, and I will again stay at the Renaissance Crown and Suites Hotel which is right across the street from the convention center’s front doors. Late in the evening, after the nightly social events are finished, you should find Jeff and me in the hotel’s cocktail lounge yakking it up with other haunters.

I don’t have any engagements on my social calendar for Wednesday evening, so I’ll probably hang out at the Ren’s bar for a few hours. Like last year, the Ren has been designated as the show’s “Headquarters Hotel”and I expect the same sort of large crowds.

-------

On Thursday the 25th. I will attend “The Dubliner Opening Night Celebration” at The Dubliner pub, about two blocks west of the convention center on Washington Avenue. The party runs from 5:30 to 7:30 PM and, according to TransWorld’s Web site, is free to those who present their convention badge.

At some point during the event the new Midnight Syndicate music video will have its debut screening. I played a dead person in the video, which was shot here in Lakewood, Ohio two weeks ago. None of us in the cast have seen the finished product, so we’re just as anxious as you to see what Midnight Syndicate looks like on screen.

For a preview of what the sets and performers looked like, take a gander at poster boards of production stills near the registration booth. I was notified last week that TransWorld management has offered to place three easels’ worth of my photographs close by the booths where you pick up your Directory of Exhibitors and goodie bags. Enjoy!

Later in the evening, I’ll take the behind-the-scenes tour of The Darkness Haunted House. I did not get backstage at the Darkness last year and I’m looking forward to touring the make-up area, green room and secret passageways, as well as scoping out the communications and safety systems.

-------

Friday will be a fairly busy time for me. I’ll be in costume and make-up that day. Jeff Glatzer has kindly offered to help me re-create my “Yacht Club Ghoul” character from several TransWorlds ago.

From 1 to 3 PM, I will pull my annual shift at the IAHA booth. To the best of my knowledge, I am the only IAHA member who has perfect attendance in booth volunteerism. It is a streak that I cherish.

Right after the convention floor closes, I’ll dash back to the hotel room and scrape the make-up and appliances off my face. One of the haunts who hired me last fall has graciously invited me to dinner that night and requested that we have some follow-up tete-a-tete about their haunt.

Later in the evening, I’ll take a second tour of The Darkness, this one under show conditions.

-------

I don’t have anything scheduled during the day on Saturday. Roommate Jeff is scheduled to teach a 9 AM class called “Creatures in the Queue Line! The Basics of Lot Acting.”Another member of the Scab 5, Geoff “Arachnid” Beck will lead a 10:15 AM seminar entitled “Building a Make-Up Department.” I’ll probably pop into these two classes for a bit and snap a few photographs.

The IAHA banquet is the E ticket on my Saturday night. The party begins at 6 PM at the Holiday Inn Select which is about two blocks north of the convention center on North 9th Street. The $50 admission price for non-members includes dinner, an open bar during cocktail hour and an awards ceremony. (Members pay $20.) The affair is open to the public, however reservations are probably required.

-------

Ah, yes. New bars to visit. New restaurants to sample. Another crop of ghastly props and doo-dads to stare at, and plenty of fellow haunters to stare some more with me. Could it be anything other than TransWorld?

Very truly yours,

Rex B. Hamilton

13939 Clifton Boulevard
    Lakewood, Ohio 44107-1462
    216.226.7764 (home)
    216.973.0050 (cell)
    EvilLordZargon@msn.com
Working...
X