Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First try at prostethics.... Whaddya think?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Inks
    replied
    Hm... I actually need a prosthetic just like that but with the eyelid sewn shut. Maybe we could commission one from you!

Leave a comment:

• toxic_manor100
    replied
    dude thats a awesome piece ! you want too sell it ? let me know

Joshua King- owner

Leave a comment:

• Darksydesigns
    replied
    Very nice. It's hard to believe that is your first time making one

Leave a comment:

• smasters
    replied
    You can use 5 minute clear epoxy. Very durable/shiny and you can also do the gums,teeth and etc... for that wet look

Smasters

Leave a comment:

• hauntedkimmy
    replied
    Wow, thanks so much for the compliments everyone!!!

Heather, we had a BLAST meeting you all!!! Sooo much fun!!! And my daughter cannot stop talking about how cool your hair is, LOL!

I will have to try the clear stuff you are talking about. I noticed what I used could get chippy when flexed a ton so I will have to try that instead. Thank you SOOO much for the recommendation.

Hoping to get brave enough to try a half mask soon. Just need a cool idea for one, LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Allen H
    replied
    Yes, it can be peeled off but its hard to do, If someone is trying to destroy something they can that will always be the case. other eye options are armorall, silicone tire shine spray, clear nail polish, elmers glue clear. there are tons of ways to do it, but they can pretty much all be removed if you work at it.
    P.S- dont pick at it.

Leave a comment:

• scarygoat
    replied
    Originally posted by Allen H View Post
    looks great, really nice eye paint job. a tip for you (not that you need it or asked) is to use E-6000 to clear coat your eye. Its crystal slear and flexible so it wont crack like acrylics can.
    good job! I recommend starting with half masks and then progressing to a full head two piece plaster mold. If you need help on anything the forums are great for that, just ask, someone here knows.
    Allen H
    Allen, is there anything you can coat the eyes with that will leave them shiny, but not peel off. I think even the E-6000 can peel off.

- Jake

Leave a comment:

• scarygoat
    replied
    Great Job! Paint job is awesome. Allen is definitely right, start with a face mask, then progress on.

You can also turn your face masks into full head masks by making them into a "sock" mask.

- Jake

Leave a comment:

• Allen H
    replied
    looks great, really nice eye paint job. a tip for you (not that you need it or asked) is to use E-6000 to clear coat your eye. Its crystal slear and flexible so it wont crack like acrylics can.
    good job! I recommend starting with half masks and then progressing to a full head two piece plaster mold. If you need help on anything the forums are great for that, just ask, someone here knows.
    Allen H

Leave a comment:

• spookhaven
    replied
    Actually had the pleasure to meet Kimmy this past weekend, and she was nice enough to give me a few of her items. She has great ideas and potential. Look forward to working with eachother in 2011.

Leave a comment:

• krazedklownkilla
    replied
    very nice keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

• hauntedkimmy
    replied
    Thanks!!!! I sculpted the eye out of air dry clay, then made a mold from plaster. Then added some liquid latex to the mold and once it was dry, I painted it with acrylics and some epoxy type clear stuff for the eyeball gloss. Added some fake eyelashes and it was complete. It was time consuming but really fun. I've made a few other ones as well.... scars loosely sutured up, zippers, lilttle horns and stuff. Just playing around until I get brave enough to try a whole mask, LOL!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• damon carson
    replied
    Wow looks good. You made the actual eyeball part. Looks good what all you use?
    Damon

Leave a comment:

• shawnc
    replied
    Wow, you really made that? That's great work. Eyes are difficult to make look realistic. There is a lot of potential there for some cool gory effects.

Leave a comment:

• hauntedkimmy
    started a topic First try at prostethics.... Whaddya think?!?!

First try at prostethics.... Whaddya think?!?!

I decided to try my hand at making latex goodness and wanted to share my eyeball I made. Whaddya think?
    Attached Files
Working...
X