So I'm Open TodayJan.17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm Open TodayJan.17th

Martin Luther Kind Day, a holiday when college kids show up sometimes...but it snowed.
    Winter and bad weather Do discourage travel and going places, doing things, I'm still open, for what it's worth. I had a few last night, I actually had alot last Friday and Saturday, groups arriving in small busses from 2 hrs away.
    If the weather at least stays predictable, people have confidence in the forecasts and still travel around the storms.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Keep the sidewalks clean Jim. If you shovel they will come!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Your snow has turned to rain here in Florida Jim, even with the snow I'd rather be at The Raven's Grinn Inn.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

really something, why is that?

that you would rather be here, in the snow.. that's still falling at 4:04 this afternoon. it began before I woke up early this am. about 1/4 inch ever 10 to 15 min. it might be 4 incheplus deep already?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim looks like were getting some of your snow. They are calling for 6 inches by Thursday morning here. Please no perverted replies! LOL!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

I've never been in the snow before, seen it off on the road side once. Be sides a trip through your haunted house would be a nice way to spend the day.
            Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
            that you would rather be here, in the snow.. that's still falling at 4:04 this afternoon. it began before I woke up early this am. about 1/4 inch ever 10 to 15 min. it might be 4 incheplus deep already?

Comment

Sometimes it's just TOO COLD!

My previous plans:Working in the normally un-heated half of the house= forget that!
              It was 21 below zero this morning! The cold seeps through walls, has little trouble infiltrating doorways, numbing fingers in record time.
              Do I turn on another furnace just so I can do a little work over there? No.
              It is supposed to get alot warmer in 2 days, so they say.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

So are the tours alot quicker in the winter? If not how does anyone make it through. An hour and a half to 2 hours in the cold? Give me a raincheck till spring!
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Wow. I forgot how cold it was in the wine celler and that was during the later part of winter, I think we went in late March. So that water that flows through the celler is all Frozen? "The Raven Grinn Inn Indoor Haunted Ice Skating Rink". lol. It has been a bad winter this year, a few more storms and that should be it. I bet you could walk over to the cemetery on the frozen river.
                  Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                  My previous plans:Working in the normally un-heated half of the house= forget that!
                  It was 21 below zero this morning! The cold seeps through walls, has little trouble infiltrating doorways, numbing fingers in record time.
                  Do I turn on another furnace just so I can do a little work over there? No.
                  It is supposed to get alot warmer in 2 days, so they say.

Comment

Working...
                  X