Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Marich, Owner- Edge Designs & Theme Decor, Inc.

ops: Age- 48

Where-3,000 square foot shop in Phoenix Arizona

What-We offer Scenic, Make-up, Design, and Animatronics

Years in entertainment industry-28 professionally.

:shock: Motion Picture Experience -around 30 films including Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, SPFX, Body Snatchers, Make-up Effx. and "Podmaker, Tombstone, Art Department.

:evil: Haunt Experience- Haunting since 1978 with P.A.C. Foundation Haunt, as consultant in numerous charity and J.C. Haunts. Pro haunts include Lifeforms in 1988, Equinox in 1990, Design and animatronics for three different haunts in 1996, Choas! Trail in 2000, Outpost 32 in 2001, Alice Cooper's Nighmare's, Crypt of Fright Houston, Bedlam Manor Phoenix.

:roll: Currently- Filling orders for Haunters from the TW Show, Developing new products, Building a "Cold Fire" Breathing Dragon for a Customer. Realistic silicone body effect for a customer.

:wink: Future- Re-mounting Bedlam Manor our 10,000 Sq. Ft. Victorian Haunt. Developing Haunt Concepts for the Reatil Industry. Several products to be released in 2008/2009.

:twisted: Loves- Anything Horror, good, Bad or Shlocky. I love to see what the other vendors come up with each year at TW, more than my own line! I love visiting other haunts, to see other peoples wonderful ideas, it's inspirational.

:lol: Goals-To assist Haunters and up an coming home haunters become Pros the right way. Build the industry through sharing and mentoring.
    Listen to the needs of the industry to develop new products.

:P Favorite Haunt-Verdun Manor, medium budget but you can feel the love in that location and the team spirit Lance had. Sorry I never got to meet him.
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Matt, awesome you do not remember me I am sure, but I rememb

You from Body Snatchers, I still have the pod you gave me.

You are a wonderful person.

Its great to see you are still in the haunted industry and special effects

Friendly Huggs

Kimberly Lynn Cole
      Come Scream with us at SCREAM FARM

Comment

Hello everyone. Its been awhile since I posted on the forums so let me refresh and re-introduce myself.

My name is Travis Magee from Dallas, Texas. 31 years old and a long time haunted house enthusiasts. My goal is to one day start my own haunt, but in the meantime I volunteer alot of my time to my friends haunt called the 13th Street Morgue in Red Oak, TX.

I am an artist. Ive been drawing since the day I was born. (im pretty sure of it, haha). I went to the Art Institute of Dallas, worked for a couple of design studios and ad agencies, now im pretty much a freelance graphic designer and entrepreneur. I prefer to do my own thing so I can go after the markets that I like. Im not a person who just learned how to use Photoshop who thinks they can create designs for people and expect to get paid for it. First and foremost, I am an artist who just simply uses computer programs as tools. From Graphic Design to digital and traditional Illustration.

One day I would love to just focus on the Haunt Industry, but until I get enough steady clients I continue to work alot with the music, entertainment, and fashion industries to pay the bills.

Im just a haunt junky who cant get enough of it. Im thankful for Hauntworld.com so I can get my fix all year `round.

=)
        www.myspace.com/travis_magee

Comment

My name is Dennis Moyer
          I am one of the Co owners of Zombie Heads LLC.

Going to be building a New Haunt in Oklahoma. So Stay Tones cause it will be a good one I hope.

Thanks
          Dennis Moyer

Comment

Eric here, I'm a scare actor from Atlanta. I am very good at clowning and playing homicidal maniacs. I have been voted as one of the best scare actors in the house I work at. Hope to get to know everyone!
            Creepers Haunted House- The creepiest haunted house in the Southeast.

Comment

HELLo, newbie here. My name is Tom Powell and I am the webmaster and creator of www.66WaysToDie.com . I invite you all to take the haunted tour packed with terrifying visuals and chilling sounds. It takes about two hours to make it to the end and of course there are 66 ways to die trying to complete the journey.

I have so many horrific sights to show you such as the Cathedral of Ghosts, The Dark Woods of the Hell Dogs, Carney Vore's Carnival, The Prehistoric Jungle of the Zombie Beast, Dead Pirate's Pier, The Bed Chamber of Blood, Dorian's Dungeon, The Witches Infested Brewery, and many more creepy depots to make you lose sleep at night. The site also contains a gallery of my dark art, send a horror ecard, and other horror venues.

Also, if you get stuck in a certain chapter, drop me a post here and I will give you a hint.

If you own a horror website, feel free to contact me, and I will be glad to post your banner and link on my site.

Tom
              www.66WaysToDie.com

Comment

Name: Mason Healy
                Character: psycho
                Haunted House: Dead End

Well I think that I am the youngest haunted house owner ever! jk I am starting new this year and would love advice, tips, sites to go to, or just anything else! I have put the whole haunted house together by myself and am so excited for the 2007 season!

Comment

Steve Kristoff might have also been a mere 14 when he started?
                  "Dead End Haunted House"? Good name.
                  The Ravens Grin is a dead end haunted house if you keep on driving passed my front door on Carroll St. you will be going heaf-first over a small cliff. My westerly neighbor is the city graveyard, up there on the next hill, 6,400 graves.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Lol Thanks!

Comment

My name's Bob Harper and I'm a veteran writer, producer and performer of all things audio for over 25 years. I began doing custom sound and broadcast work for the haunted attraction industry in 1993 and continue to do so, around the country, for some really great folks in the business. Some of their haunts are simply amazing.

Although the majority of my normal broadcast and custom sound work is retail and corporate etc., "Haunters" are indeed my favorite clients! Unlike sterotypical business folks, you're all fun to work with, imaginative and willing to take risks. I admire anyone who puts his or her butt on the line in the entertainment business and truly appreciate all the work and energy it takes to do so professionally!

I do work for all size haunted attractions and amusement parks and for those with tight budgets, I do have a few generic trax and CDs available at horrorsound.com that are truly network quality for a fraction of custom work.
                      You can audition various tracks as well and some of the methods to my madness.

I wish ya'll a great '07 season...
                      Imagine a horror flick wihout Great Sound.
                      Now, imagine your haunt without Great Sound.

Comment

Are you the voice over artist that sounds like the narrator on the old Seven Up and Levi's commercials?
                        Kevin
                        MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

hey larry the site looks good
                          Danny

Comment

Well my name is Brian, i'm 18 and reside in Detroit, Michigan which people like to consider the Haunt capital of the "Haunted Attraction Capital of the World" due to the number and quality of Haunted events in the metro area.

I'm a Haunted Attraction Enthusiast and have worked in a couple myself. My dream is to one day own a haunted attraction myself but we'll see how that goes since it's a lot easier said than done.

You'll see me roaming around here typically around the Halloween season or whenever i get that Haunted Attraction "itch" which is why i'm roaming currently.

Comment

Name:Jordan Sousa
                              Town:Currently in Raleigh,NC moving back to New England tho.

I started doing my home haunt when i was 9 back then it was just cardboard gravestones. Now i have fog macines, a casket and other great stuff.

Comment

Howdy

I'm Nathan, owner of Turbidite Manor. I have an extensive background in professional entertainment, spanning from performance to directing, tech to producing... mostly in live presentation. I'll be posting a full online portfolio site sometime soon if anybody is really interested. Having such diversity in my past helps bridge the gap between the different disciplines production requires, as I usually can speak everyone's language (designers, technicians, performers, etc) and keep things in perspective.

I strive to do more than scare people... I try to immerse guests in what I like to call the Living Storybook, communicating what some may consider a morality play (without being too preachy) through the use of the haunt medium.

That too deep? OK, I do like to scare people too. ;o) But I plan the scares very carefully, with plenty of setup. Most of the attraction is scenic and illusion based, and it seems to be working pretty well so far... if folks want chainsaws and beheadings, this ain't the place. I think of Turbidite Manor more as theatre than anything else, and run it accordingly.

Though the story is solid, it's all still developing for the audience, even 20 years into the process. Hey, if I had all the resources one could ever want, I'd do it all now... but for the time being I give the crowd what I can. Some love it, some don't get it... but hey, I don't try to please everyone - it's just like that when you present something few are trying.

Glad to be part of the forum now and hope to gain some new wisdom. Cheers!
                                Nathan P. Hamilton

Owner/Operator
                                Haunted Nashville
                                Turbidite Manor

Comment

Working...
                                X