X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drfrightner
    started a topic Introduce Yourself...

Introduce Yourself...

We've added and I'm NOT kidding something in the area of 50 new members of the past 10 days. I thought I'd start a new thread for ANYONE and I mean even the guys who have been posting for a decade or longer.

Please introduce yourself!

Larry

• Scenic Art Productions
    replied
    Hello,I am Robert Travis owner of Scenic Art Productions. I build theatrical props & sets, themed environments, trade show displays and signs. I have not been on here in a long time and have missed it. I used to spend a lot of time on here. I look forward to chatting with you all again and maybe even meeting at Transworld Halloween and Attractions Show this month.

https://www.facebook.com/ScenicArtProductions

Leave a comment:

• scareprops
    replied
    Hi Scareprops here!

Leave a comment:

• Demon House
    replied
    Thanks for approving me! I can't wait to learn from everyone. DH

Leave a comment:

• TheBoogieMan
    replied
    The Bogeyman cometh

Hi there!
    I'm a new midwesterner and I'm excited to mostly lurk here. I have a goal of opening my own haunted attraction by Oct 2021.
    I've volunteered in a few and loved it. I thought I'd do some research and see just how bad of a plan going into the biz is. Thanks for this awesome forum, hopefully I can add a lot to the discussion.

Leave a comment:

• dr. snik
    replied
    Dr. Snik's Halloween Chills

Hi all! I'm Dr. Snik a Halloween/horror music artist and want to to share my original songs/soundscapes with classic 60/70's public domain movies as the videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjiv...3oeYPoNwLZ4cHs
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SwampMonkey
    replied
    Hey I知 sorry for not introducing myself when I first joined. It slipped my mind. I知 from Louisiana home of voodoo and good food. Natchitoches Louisiana is my town. We have great haunts in my state. 13th Gate, Rise, Necro-Manor, Leesville Tree Farm (I think the actual name is Tree Farm Masacre) and Dark Woods. I知 NOT a haunt owner and don稚 work at one either. I love haunted houses but hate going through them. I love the science of scares. I love the art too. Huge fan of Staurtizm designs. Huge fan of Tony Buck FX too. I知 doing some haunt props for hobby and fun and a little side cash. I知 thankful to be on here and interact with haunt owners, workers, prop makers and just pure fans like myself. Hope I learn a lot and I値l see y誕ll in the cue line!

Leave a comment:

• RC Designs
    replied
    New Guy

Hey everyone,

I started my haunt with my township that I live in 9 years ago. We started out with just a simple hayride through the park. A couple years later was able to use one of the barns on the property to decorate inside. The haunt has grown into something that I now need a bigger property for and now working on that next step. I've been reading a lot info on here that helped me significantly and finally decided to join. I look forward to talking with you all and hopefully learn some good stuff along the way to take my haunt to that "next" level. Thanks for the add!!

Leave a comment:

• tinyhaunter
    replied
    Turning my time in art school into a career in the haunt industry

Hello all!
    My name's Badger. I go to an art school in Boston, MA, where you can major in whatever you damn well please. I decided I would spend my time learning a bunch of trades related to haunt design: welding, woodworking, set painting, sound design, what have you. I'm looking forward to learning a whole lot more through the forum, too!

Leave a comment:

• lwizardl
    replied
    Introduction

Thanks for accepting me into the group.

My name is James, I'm from Battle Creek, Michigan, 37 years old, and have been interested in the haunt and special effects field for a while and looking to learn as much as I can.

Leave a comment:

• tsnowballs
    replied
    A little late with the introduction...

My name is Tyler

As a kid I spent most of my time in the front yard planning what my next Halloween display could entail and October nights scribbling my way through homework to get outside and work. It has developed into a healthy addiction to Halloween. My goal is to one day own and operate a for profit haunt on the east coast. At the moment my self implemented syllabus consists of budgeting, finance, business startup (off course with the goodies like building, fx and industry technology sprinkled throughout). I appreciate the wealth of knowledge available on this forum and am searching for every last bit of advice anyone can give. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and making some solid relationships!

Leave a comment:

• Damien Warwick
    replied
    Guess who's back everyone!

I'm now 26, in traverse city Michigan, and I've sort of "given up" "pro haunting." I have a wife and a 2 year old son, as well as two teenage step daughters now!

I'm beginning this year what can only be called a yard haunt. No entrance fees or anything (sacrilidge for me I know!) but there will be a can for donations to the Ted Lindsay Foundation (they support autism research, my 2 year old is on the spectrum).

Here's hoping to rebond with my old friends/nemesises!

Leave a comment:

• ShockaconOZ
    replied
    Oops I posted in another thread talking about how this site didn't have a welcome thread and after about 2 hours of clicking and reading some threads I finally found my way here.

So just quickly (seem I told my life story in the other thread) my name is Brendon, but people around the internet know me as Disembodied Voice. I am the creator of Shocka-Con Australia which is a new Horror Convention launching in Australia - we are launching in October 2018 (the first week) - and being hosted at Australia's Most Haunted Homestead the Monte Cristo Homestead in Junee (Southern NSW).

My ultimate goal is to be able to create a local haunt. But that is a long way off (after 3 back and neck surgeries in the past 4 years has left me financially ruined).

Australia has a very strong horror/halloween community - and the halloween period is growing in nature and support, however the issues have been:
    - When it comes to halloween our stores are filled with plastic looking 'crap'. And prices to get items shipped from america is crippling.

- When it comes to former Horror Conventions - they have been all self serving, people trying to big note themselves rather than what is best for the local community. They have struggled to attract big name guests as they are worried about making money themselves - whereas we are focused on providing the best and enhancing the Horror Community.

Would love to make new contacts, people to talk to and minds to pick.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Christine Arella
    replied
    Newbie to Industry

I currently live in Clearwater Florida, but my husband and I are trying to find a suitable property to both live on, and run a haunt on. We致e read books, watched DVDs, subscribed to the mags, forums, Facebook groups, signed up for local make & takes, hit some local conventions and are making our first trip to TransWorld this March. I知 putting together the business plan and have a ton of questions. It値l take me a while to sort through this forum to see if some of the answers are already available, but expect to bombard this group with questions once that痴 done. Thank you in advance & see some of you in March!

Leave a comment:

• stickmansam321
    replied
    Actor; Future Haunt Owner

I am a high schooler that is heavily involved in theatre. I've always been in awe of our local haunted house. I have been going to it ever since I moved here. I finally decided, "Hey maybe I could be the one scaring the people instead of going through!" So I messaged the owner and she told me I was too young and had to wait a year. So that year was this year when I became an actor at Grey House Haunts. I've never clung onto something and been passionate about something so fast! The season was so fun and we had such a great team and managers that made it that much better. Since then I have been researching everything haunt related like a madman. I also took up airbrush makeup and have been doing it on myself for a couple months now! Can't wait to become more frequent here!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X