CFX Mask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFX Mask?

We have ordered 6 CFX mask for our first year going pro. What is you average life span on your CFX masks and how do you store them in the off season? Thanks for the input.

Thank you
    Shawn
    http://www.twistedwoods.com

Can you also add to your question what owners have found to be the best way to clean these after each night?
    www.nightmareslive.com

Comment

also add

Originally posted by Spookyant View Post
      Can you also add to your question what owners have found to be the best way to clean these after each night?
      You just did...lol

Shawn

Comment

Leave them on the head they provide you with, unless ofcourse you have a bust of the actor who is using it, then it will just conform to their face. As for storage, keep it in an environment you would enjoy, a cold damp basement or a humid and hot attic isn't where you wanna stay 24/7, so don't keep your second face there. As for cleaning, just soap and water is fine, just don't use anything acidic that eats at silicone. I'm also pretty sure CFX has a section on their website about care and storage that sounds way better than what I just wrote lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
          We have ordered 6 CFX mask for our first year going pro. What is you average life span on your CFX masks and how do you store them in the off season? Thanks for the input.

Thank you
          Shawn
          My oldest CFX mask is from fall 2009 , and it's held up extremely well , not used in a haunt but put on every other month or so , never had any problems with splits or tears , but the seam job on the top is starting to peal just a little , depending on how roughly your actors treat the masks I'd still say they're going to last you at the very least 7 or 8 years. For long term storage I'd put it on the headform with a pillowcase over it to keep the dust off , or in a box.

Comment

You don't really have to store your mask on the headform, silicone holds its shape, unlike latex. So when you put it on, it's always going to conform to your head. Although the mask is really a work of art, so it is fun to display it.

If I am not displaying my masks on the headforms, I just keep them in the cardboard box they come in. You just wouldn't want to leave them under the sun or anything!

For cleaning, I turn my masks inside out (don't worry, it won't hurt them) and I run some soapy water over them and wipe them clean, or you can let them air dry.

As the CFX website says, they will last several years as long as you treat them well. They don't dry rot like latex does. Just have them in the hands of trusted actors (obviously). One nice thing about CFX masks is they are excellently constructed. They are really some of the most durable silicone masks on the market.

Comment

And I can add that mice love to eat silicone. I found this out a few months ago when one decided to munch through several thousand dollars worth of masks.

Dwayne
              13th Gate

Comment

I've had my first silicone mask from CFX since 2006 or maybe even before that? And still in decent shape. I own 3 of the CFX masks.

I typically utilize a moist rag and wipe out the sweat and then dry rag to remove the moisture. Powder the head form and inside of the mask and store it. And as I stated - I've had my mask for 4 -5 years and if you take care of it and store it properly - your return on the investment is worth the expense. Considering some of my actors cost $300 - $500 in foam prosthetic a year and it takes them an hour to get into character and it takes me 5 minutes... I love my CFX masks and I have something to show at the end of the season

Well worth the expense -

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight13 View Post
                  And I can add that mice love to eat silicone. I found this out a few months ago when one decided to munch through several thousand dollars worth of masks.

Dwayne
                  13th Gate

Oh, now I'm going to lose my lunch! I'd be having me some new dead mice props. Hope these weren't the little guys you keep for the show!

Kathryn DeSautell
                  Kathryn DeSautell
                  Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

Working...
                  X