Irene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irene

How many haunts are in the path of Huricane Irene. In eastern NC the wind and rain are howling.

twitchtwitchproductions

we're right in the middle of the path. We ar elocated in the middle of Long Island, and it is said to pass directly over us. Theyh've evacuated have of Long Island. Getting preety scary up here.

Rob

Comment

The Weather Channel was broadcasting about 2 miles from my Dad's house at Atlantic Beach when it came ashore. No phones or communication yet but he's a tough old sonafagun who's lived through worse.

I know Nightmare Factory in Havelock is about 20 minutes from landfall but not a lot of other haunts in Eastern NC that' I'm aware of. The Ghost Ship and Panic Attack are in Wilmington and a bit south of the main brunt although I'm sure they got buffeted around..
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

We are getting pounded right now these winds are absolutely ferocious, loud and scary. An earthquake, violent thunderstorms and now a hurricane in the same week this is getting ridiculous....

Hoping for the best and no damage...

Allan

Comment

Horror fields is way outside of the storm in NC BUT we was working today at the haunt and the wind from the storm was blowing Very hard as we was trying to build part of a roof.....lol....we had to out it off until monday.
          BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
          www.horrorfields.com

Comment

The wind was howling yesterday wasn't it, Hatchet. I'm liking the promotion y'all are doing on your haunt. It looks real nice. I hate I don't get to work with you guys anymore but you've got my respect for stepping out and doing your own thing. Sometime this season I'd like to ride up and get a tour of the place if you don't mind.
            Colt Farrington
            "MEMO--- The beatings will continue until employee moral improves."

Comment

Irene

We weren't in the direct path of the eye, but we still sustained a good bit of damage from the winds. Hope everyone else is in good shape.
              Patrick Barberry
              www.legendsofthefog.com
              sigpic

Comment

Colt thanks for the kind words and anytime you can make it hit me up and we will do it. MHL
                BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Originally posted by legendsofthefog View Post
                  We weren't in the direct path of the eye, but we still sustained a good bit of damage from the winds. Hope everyone else is in good shape.
                  I was thinking about you as the storm passed though. Did all the corn lay flat?
                  http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                  http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

So as far as we know no one sustained any major damage to their haunts? Everyone back up and running with power and everything? We had some big wind storms (though probably minor compared to the coast) here that had us without power for a couple days because they were sending local utility crews east to help. It really is amazing how much you take something as simple as power for granted until you dont have it.

Hope everyone is well and didnt sustain too much damage personally or otherwise.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Actually I just got back from surveying my trail haunt Creepywoods Haunted Forest and we have significant damage due to the storm. At least three large scenes were completely destroyed due to trees falling. Well over 40 trees were down and we have a lot of work to do to clear the path of trees and debris. It could have been worse but the timing is terrible we are swamped working 12-14 hours daily.

I hope everyone else made it through ok.

Allan

Comment

To make the best of a bad situation is there a way to "work with" the damaged scenes safely to make it look like it was on purpose. Nowhere near the same, but one of the coolest rooms a friend and I designed started with a very badly cut piece of wood and matured into a really nifty skewed room when we were done with it. Always looking for a light (or hole in the wall to get to the light) at the end of the tunnel.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                        -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Working...
                        X