Why advertise a Haunt in NC in indy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why advertise a Haunt in NC in indy?

I was driving home yesterday and saw a billboard for what looked to be a new haunt in Indy. It was right in front of a sign for Indy Scream Park. So I got home and checked it out and the haunt is in Greensboro, NC. Why would you waste your money to advertise a haunt that is 600 miles away from the sign. I even drove back by the sign today to double check to make sure I had the right web address, which it was. Both the website for the haunt in question Woods of Terror and Indy Scream Park, look very much the same, and even sound like they have the same music. I find it hard to believe that it would be a mistake, because if it was Indy Scream Park would have 4 large signs in a row with the same thing on them. Any ideas why you would advertise over 600 miles away?

you'd be surprised................

how many die-hards travel hundreds of miles to see a haunted attraction. I happen to be one of them................

Comment

Same owner?

I would figure that the same owner must own them both? A lot of places advertise trying to get the "if you like this one, you'll also like....." Just like Carowinds here in SC/NC advertises for other parks because they are owned by Cedar Fair Entertainment. But that's just my guess.

Comment

Eddie McLauren owns Woods of Terror and I think that's his only haunt. Perhaps he bought a package deal from an advertiser and they scattered a few of his billboards across the country with the website and other info. I'm actually flying to Indianapolis this weekend and might have to go take a picture and send it to him...
        Last edited by Badger; 09-22-2011, 06:14 PM.
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I travel all over as well going to haunts, but just don't really see a billboard 600 miles away going to draw that much business or die hard haunt fans. I would think most die hard haunt fans use the internet to search out haunts. I know I do, I search the area I am going to be in for any haunts close by.

Badger,

The Billboards are on the north side of Indy on 465 west bound just west of the Michigan road exit. Are you coming to do some training for a local Haunt?

Comment

Yes, actually headed to Lafayette, but I might swing by. Thanks for the info...
            http://www.bigscaryshow.com
            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Well it must have been a mistake as i drove by late tonight the billboards were taken down.

Comment

Well...the reason is probably because the party that owns Indy scream park has a stake in WoT. But that is still strange.
                Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
                [n8 creative studios]

Comment

mistake

I talked to Indy Scream Park and they were not happy that this mistake had happened.
                  Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                  Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X