How many Rooms for a 2400 square foot Haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Rooms for a 2400 square foot Haunt

So this is my last year im working for a haunted house owner ive worked for a few big name haunted houses for last 10 years and i just started building my haunt for 2012 my first year with my own haunt i currently building the structure mazes and such. and curious how many rooms you think i should do for a 2400 square foot haunt??? Also being my first year do you think i should go smaller my first year or stick to 2400 sq feet like i planned plus a grave yard or go to like 1200-1500 + a grave yard and how many rooms should i do thanks!!!!!!!!!

Sik N Twizted Haunts
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

# of rooms

Stick with the 2,400sf haunt. You have 2,400 square ft- a smaller room is 16'x16' which is 256sqft. If your show was just rooms then you could have 9.4 rooms- but take away 2 of those for hallways between rooms and knock a few down in size and you should end up with 6 to 7 rooms and some transitional hallways inbetween.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Here's an idea...

2400_03.jpg

Comment

I would go with the 2,400 sq. ft. haunt. As someone finishing up his first year operating a haunt I can say do not 100% assume you know the size of your property. We started assuming we had a 3,500 sq. ft. space, lost it got a 10,000 sq. ft. space, lost that, ended up in 7,300 sq. ft. space. The deal really was I had to wall off enough space to have a 5,000 sq. ft. haunt even if I didn’t build the rooms. So why not blow up the Home Depot card and fill out 5,000 sq. ft. in 5 ˝ weeks? LOL

My point here is unless you 100% have your property be super flexible on your design.

I guess one other thing I can put in “FUCK if I only know that two months ago” list is this. Try to figure out with some decent clarity what your fire and building inspectors will allow. I am in a community that has had every haunt over the last 15 years have guides. I didn’t want them, but I built an event for them. I refused to have guides and ropes, and the city was cool with it. They worked out a compromise that allowed me not to have guides. BUT WAIT, I built the entire damn event with the contingency plan that it could be done with guides. So no crawl through rooms, no places where I trapped my guests and acted a scene, none of that. But would I have known better…. It would be a different show entirely….
        http://www.innerfears.com/
        http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

thanks for the design

Originally posted by dudedigital View Post
          Here's an idea...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10858[/ATTACH]
          one question is what is the feet width and length of the total design??
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
          X