Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone, new halloween addict here :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, new halloween addict here :)

Good morning all,
    Just looking to talk to some cool people on here. I LIVE for Halloween year-round and keep my house decorated 12 months a year. lol I've also travelled all over the U.S. for the past 12 years going to the scariest and most unique haunted attractions. I have the utmost respect for those who work in the industry, I can only imagine how exhausting it must be trying to scare thousands of people a night sometimes especially with people so jaded and cynical these days. lol
    Anyway, I would love to talk to people who work in houses who are as obsessed with Halloween as I am.. I would love to hear about different haunts, your experiences working there and also get some recommendations. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by horrormistress; 11-15-2011, 06:43 AM.

welcome if you have the passion to scare then you should give it a try. Fair warning though there are only two types of people for haunt acting those who love it and those who can not handle it.
    For those that love it it does become an addiction.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. How long have you worked at Haunted Hollow? I've read about that. I'm sure it takes a certain kind of resiliance to stay in this field but what a dream job it would be.
      Last edited by horrormistress; 11-15-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Touring haunts

Welcome to the Forum. I noticed in your post that you like to tour haunted attractions. Just thought I would let you know that the Midwest Haunters Convention host pre-convention bus tours to haunted attractions. We'll be touring haunts in the Detroit area June 6 & 7, 2012. We charter buses and spend two days visiting a variety of haunts. In previous years we've been to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Indianapolis haunts.

Our convention is in Columbus, Ohio (the past 8 years) so we try to visit haunts within a 3-4 hour bus ride from there. We also tour haunts in the Columbus market on Friday night, the first night of the convention. The convnetion is a great place to meet fellow haunters.

Go to our web site www.midwestshow.com for more information. Glad to hear you are a big fan of the Holiday! Maybe some day you'll visit our haunt in Columbus, The Scare-A-Torium.

I've been performing in haunts for 26 years and it's my favorite hobby. It's very addictive.

Kelly

Comment

Hey Kelly,
          Thanks for the great info! I'd love to check that out sometime. We have a smaller gathering in New Hampshire for New England Haunters but they don't tour anything. lol
          Yes, it's very addictive and I'll always be obsessed with haunts.
          Wow, 26 years... I'm envious. Sounds like a great life! Which are the better ones to visit in Ohio.. it seems like they have a huge amount of haunts out there.
          Have a great morning,
          Lisa

Comment

Haunts in Ohio

Yes, there are lots of haunts in Ohio. We have some really good haunts too. I hate to give you a list because I haven't been to all of them and I wouldn't want to leave anyone off the list. So this isn't a complete list, but here are some of my favorites, no particular order:

- Dent Schoolhouse
            - Factory of Terror
            - Ghostly Manor
            - Dead Acres
            - Haunted Hydro
            - Bloodview
            - Land of Illusion
            - Rockin R Ranch
            - TerrorFest
            - Wells Township Haunt
            - Scare-A-Torium (our haunt)

All for a variety of reasons. We've toured these haunts on the Midwest Haunters Convention bus tour. Some have better props and some have better actors. I think really good actors can make a haunt stand out. Come to Ohio and check them out.

Kelly
            The Midwest Haunters Convention

Comment

Hoping on making it to the pre tours this year. Will work out a LOT better now that you moved it one week later!
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

But Of Course!

Actors are ALIVE! (Even if they pretend to not be!) They can interact , change things quickly if needed, lend a hand, mop up urine or vomit, no display can do these things!) A book writer put me in his book "Odd-Ball Illinois". Then he returned and told me I was his favorite thing in the book!
                I had better be!
                I'm the only thing in the entire book that is ALIVE! Everything else are objects, buildings, statues....
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X