Other than T shirts, what sells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than T shirts, what sells?

In your stores or gift shops, what else sells well other than T shirts, glow products etc? Anything new and different that you've sold in your shop that was well received and profitable?

Thanks,

Jake

Biggest sellers

Our biggest selling items were our glow sticks, soft drinks/energy drinks, then t-shirts. Other items sold in much lower quantities were costume accessories, ball caps, sunglasses and makeup supplies. We've even sold old props that we weren't using in the haunt.

Kelly
    The Scare-A-Torium

Comment

I'd even sell old employees

as soon as they make bail.
      Selling glow sticks? that would be like the dentist selling sugar candy, the Doctor selling dieseases.
      The birth-defect three-legged man being perpetually arrested for exposing himself! "This is my leg! It's really my leg!"
      I could see selling them faux-glow sticks that seem to glow but they only glow for about a minute, just long enough to give them false confidence and inside the door.
      Glowing just long enough so they get a glimpse of the three legged man around the first darkening corner!
      Sounds like a "plan!"

I made a three-legged Witch costume, my third, real leg was camoflauged to hold me up as my one real leg and the phoney third leg were both up in the air at the same time.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Our glow sticks did well and I was able to get 'em for about $.36 each. We started this year, using a local baker, selling cake pops, or, as I like to call them, cake balls on a stick. We couldn't keep in stock, sold over 100 each night at a buck a piece. Sometimes one or two got "accidentally" knocked over and I got to eat it
        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Get some stuff like pens too! Man, at our store, we give handfuls of pens out to customers. We have about 3-4 new customers a month come in because of them! We always ask when checking in their computer "so, how did you hear about us?" "Then Pen" is the usual answer!

Kids around here are into buttons as well! You can invest in a button maker and make your own. they're extremely fun too! Man, when we go to the mall, teens EVERYWHERE are wearing the monster hats with tons of buttons on them.

If you can get boxer screen printed, you can get some that have "stains" on them and say "I survived __________ haunted house!"

Screen print kitchen towels. A lot of folks put out those nice towels with halloween designs on them on the drawer handles and tables. Come up with a cool design and put your name to them.

You can get you an airbrush artist to do shirts and hats too, even license plates. They usually work for 60% of their work.

All I can think of at the moment.

Comment

"Pens?"

Do kids today even know what a pen is or used for?
            "Thanks man! Is this like a heavy-duty antenna for my cell phone or something?"
            I gave away 1,200 pens so quickly it was nuts (years ago) I couldn't afford to do this whereas my admission was only $2-3.oo at that time and I think the pens cost me 45cents each?
            I did save back about 20 of them and then gave them out to a boy's Birthday party group. The one kid got my attention, held his pen up, twisted it back and forth breaking it in half! Then he said, "I want another pen!"
            He might have grown up be inhabiting a "Pen" with such an attitude?
            Whatever "Works" for you and yours is great! Keep at it.
            Iworried that someone would get poked by a pen. After the one Batman movie where Joker uses a pen as a deadly weapon... ??
            "HHHMMMM?"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of "Adults" lol. Man, we can't keep pens up here!! But you know, we're in a 'tarded town though too. I mean these people are GOOO-FFFEYYY! But, man seriously, All of our Doctor's, Lawyers, even the other shop's will come in and ask "Hey, can I keep this pen?"

I guess ppl always lose them. We get about 2,000-3,000 every few months. now this goes to both stores but WE RUN OUT ALL THE TIME!

The joker scene was awesome! Speaking of which, I think it's time to drag that movie back out.

Comment

Working...
              X