Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There it is Haunters , an incredible opportunity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There it is Haunters , an incredible opportunity!

Outside Bejing, China! The abandoned half-finished Disneyland-looking castle and theme park, never opened!
    Yahoo news has the pictures and sad story.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Here is the article on the Washington Post. A bit of a fixer upper, but a fake disney full of potential for the right buyer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...DAsO_blog.html
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

I love searching for abandoned places! They're so fun and creepy....that's like a small piece of heaven.

Comment

Abandoned Places

Around Illinois don't do so well because the farmer that owns them still has to pay property tax on them and they also find it much simpler to bulldoze them down and create a bigger cornfield, which usually makes them more money and life simpler, not having renters to worry about, ex cetra.
        I got to salvage a very old farmhouse for the usable lumber just before I bought my haunt. Life is a learning experience. I worked very hard, hand sawing the wood out since there was no electrical service anywhere nearby. I was "eating" alot of plaster dust getting at the very long 2by 4's in the upstairs ceiling, got them out to find they were oak! They use the word "oak" for the word "Steel" sometimes...or at least they sure could substitue those two words.
        Years later I was salvaging another old farmhouse and I mistakenly thought I could get many 2 by 6's from the kitchen because after a tornado had destroyed a neighbor's house around 110 years ago the owner of this house built the kitchen using 2 by 6's nailed together trying to make a tornado-proof room since the inside walls were a solid 6 inches thick. Guess again, Jim! So Many big spikes were driven into those boards from so many angles, I could get none of them seperated at all.
        The farmer attached chains through the window openings and couldnot pull the wall apart with his John Deere center-articulated Steering,4 wheel drive, massive diesel tractor!
        Maybe it would have been "Tornado-Proof!?" Before he told my why it had been built this way, I thought maybe someone was trying bullet-proof their house 110 years ago.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

That brings back memories, generators and skill saws for a couple weeks out in the wilderness for a 2x6 collection. Pulling billions of nails.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Just Two Days Ago

In the local paper there was a small story with a photo of a very nice looking house, built 1898 but kept in very good repair, is to be demolished simply because the farmer who now owns the farm doesn't want to pay the taxes and put up with renters . I think the editor of the paper purposely put a picture of the house in the paper because maybe he sees it as a waste too?
            This county has lost a lot of population over these last 15 years.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X