Most Attended Haunted House ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Attended Haunted House ...

Who do you think has the highest attendance in the haunted house industry. Who's breaking records ... who has them lined up around the block for days on end?

What haunted houses in America do you think had the highest attendance and what do you think the attendance was? Every year for ever Amusement Today did a report on attendance for amusement parks, I'm going to do another article on the top 13 most attended haunts in America.

Does your haunt make the list?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Most haunted houses don't have their own amusement park so it should be in 2 categories, amusement park haunt and stand alone haunt. I don't think most haunts do the attendance of a Busch Gardens or Six Flags.

Comment

I have to agree with HauntedPaws. My last full year working at Scarowinds theme park in 2008, we regularly had 30,000 in the park on during peak weekends. I actually left in part due to too many people.

Also there are so many different factors involved for numbers. Local population? Is the haunt in a city of 10,000? 100,000? 3 million? How about competition? Are there 15 haunts within an hours drive? None? How about size? Are you a 1/3 mile trail? A 5000sq ft building? A 20,000sq ft building? A 150-acre corn maze?

I don't know how you could really compare having a small haunt and trail put on by the local Kiwannis Club in a town of 20,000 in rural Iowa vs a national powerhouse like a Netherworld with a potential customer base of millions along a major intersection in Atlanta.
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

How are you exactly going to verify the numbers since just about every haunt exaggerates their numbers? I guess you're just going to take everyone's word for it.
        Spooky Wishes
        Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Why is this important?

If your numbers do for you what you need them to do then great. If not then you need to up your promotions or do something to get people to your event.

But all this WHO'S GOT THE BIGGEST NUMBERS does nothing for me.

Like others have said in the past, you are going to have to take the haunt owners word for it.
          Ed Roberts
          Founder
          The Nightmare Factory
          www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
          www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Couple things... one no theme parks just haunt owners. Two, what does it matter a lot just FYI.

As you once again start to think about another haunt season you are always looking at angles in which to promote things that haven't been promoted before... most media look at these type of angles as stories. How big is the haunted house industry? Are we in the shadows of Universal or are we in fact the Sun in this party. Me personally I like the PR to go to the non-theme park attractions. Angles are great! This is a great angle. I can't remember a season that has gone by and some reporter didn't ask me 'how much attendance does the haunt industry have or how many dollars does it gross'. These are things we should actually try and figure out.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Ugh, your not listening...

If your numbers work for you, if you are hitting your targets then you are doing it right, I agree. But to worry about the most attended haunts, does nothing for me. Now if we were talking about what promotional tool works best for you, or what internet tool works good for you and how?

We all know Larry you are going to tell us that Hauntworld is the place to advertise, okay, we get it, but not everyone fits into your round peg. Yes Hauntworld has great number and works for many.

My numbers work for me as a charity, we do fandangtastic! We were blessed with the Extreme Makeover, that really boosted numbers over the past two years, but now we have to work out butts off to create newer and bigger and better, just like everyone else does.
              Ed Roberts
              Founder
              The Nightmare Factory
              www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
              www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Haunted House Numbers

I agree on one hand that it is good to the industry as a whole to let people know that the haunt industry is a huge source of income. Most people arn't going to give the true numbers. I will say for us, that the past 9 seasons we (ATROX FACTORY) have been open, we've had to turn away thousands each year..
                Maybe we are too good at PR and such and maybe we are just established.. Either way I think most haunters would agree that having too many than not enough is the key.. We thank each and everyone of our customers and strive to give them the best show possible..

Comment

Ed,

I don't think you are the one listening... this has nothing what so ever to do with advertisement. I don't think you read my emails correctly... Amusement Today which was an amusement magazine reported on the business side of the entertainment industry, printed attendance lists for the top 100 theme parks across the world. This is valuable information for their industry. I'm asked year in and year out about attendance to the haunt industry, and gross revenue for the industry, they want to put a label on how big the industry really is which helps legitimize this industry.

That is what I'm trying to do has nothing to do with advertisement. Nothing. If you don't like what I'm doing sorry to hear... then don't add your haunt to the list. That is it!

Those who want to be on the list can post here or email me. We want to do an article on the top attended haunts in America ... not the best, not the most detailed, not the whatever just attendance. I can tell you my Darkness would NOT be in the top 10 I know that for sure.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

3218.jpg

A shot of our back cue.

3041.jpg

Downstairs cue in upper left.
                    Front cue and lot
                    Ben Armstrong
                    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                    www.Fearworld.com
                    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Eastern state penn does over 100k, got to be the most.

Comment

Ben, that is WILD!!!! Wow is all I can come up with. We hope and pray that we will see 8000 this year. We are working our butts off to get there. Simply amazing to see thousands of people in one night. I don't think we could handle any more than 800 a night. Oh well. Even if we averaged 800 a night which would be so totally awesome we would not see but 15,200 in ticket numbers or patrons per say. We pray for that many but this year will only be our second year. We plan on being around for many years to come so who is to say right? All I can say is your show is incredible and is something we strive for.

Sue
                        http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Video of our front Midway showing about 1/3 of the crowd.

Video shows back queues, ticketing and one of our 4 parking lots (one shown in video is the size of a football field)

Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Originally posted by Tattoo View Post
                            Video of our front Midway showing about 1/3 of the crowd.

Video shows back queues, ticketing and one of our 4 parking lots (one shown in video is the size of a football field)

Show offs :P

Comment

It a city with a pop. of 5,246 Horror Fields on its first year brought in 2,800. Not to bad I think.
                              BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                              www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Working...
                              X