Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio and Sponsors

Hello everyone..

It's been a little while since i've seen some posts about this so.. I know its early (never too early I guess), but I'm wondering how many of you are already securing radio spots. When is the best time for locking in radio deals? We usually wait til about august, but that seems too late and the radio stations always act like they have a set rate, because they know they got you by the you know what...

Also, as far as Sponsorships.. what is the best way of gaining new. Currently we have Dominos Pizza and a local Restaurant. In trade we simply put their logo on our site/ads and they give us pizzas per night, and the restaurant just prints posters. Whats an expected amount a company should do for you in trade for this. Also thinking of tagging our radio ads with the sponsored company's name, but what is a fair amount (dollarwise or other) to ask for in trade for giving them this advertisement?

Also, Has anyone ever been sponsored by bigger companies such as Lowes? How do you approach a big corporate sponsor like this. I know Larry has some amazing ways of doing this, any tips at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Virginia's premier outdoor haunted attraction-
    www.wicked-woods.com

You really need to start with sales deck, and when you make one don't let just anyone make it. You need to hire a professional graphic design firm to lay it out. Remember these companies get pitched by thousands of people so whatever you send it must stand out.

There should be a seminar about this stuff at these haunt shows actually done by someone who knows what they are talking about.

The biggest thing second to that is making sure you can WOW potential sponsors. They don't care much about you promoting their business because their business is more well known than yours... so what is more important is that you show them how you are drive more customers into their stores.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks alot Larry for the info, It's an honor to get a response from you man! Does anyone else have any tips for getting cheap radio ads, or anything else? Thanks again!
      Virginia's premier outdoor haunted attraction-
      www.wicked-woods.com

Comment

This is also an election year so the sooner you get in and secure your ads the better.
        Our billboards are already secured for this year and we have talked to the radio stations already telling them what we are planning on doing this year.
        Our sponsors have been notified and we are working on new sponsorship's currently.
        Its NEVER to early to start working on your next season.

Greg
        Fearfest
        Greg Allen
        scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
        www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Originally posted by N2SPOOKINU View Post
          This is also an election year so the sooner you get in and secure your ads the better.
          THIS THIS THIS and and thousand times THIS! If you do not get your ad space bought soon, you never will...
          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Every single year they talk about election years and you should buy buy buy otherwise you'll be screwed. In doing haunts for over 25 years this has NEVER ONCE actually occurred. This is a different day and age now where radio is not that big anymore, and even when radio was giant it still never sold out. This is non-sense your radio reps tell you to get you to pay more and buy sooner.

I could care less about getting radio spots because of an election year. What I am worried about is this...

Every year we replaced a President the country got whacked with a deep recession... Carter Left one for Reagon, Bush left one for Clinton, Clinton left one for Bush, Bush left one for Obama and well Obama is the ONLY President out of the bunch that can't seem to figure a way out of it...

Remember this year they will talk economy #1, Iran probably #2 and the rest doesn't matter...

So with all the economy talk the Republican will talk about how bad it is they drum up all sorts of stories about how people are suffering blah, blah and boom the country starts to believe all the media and overnight you have one.

That is what you should be worried about.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Actually, Clinton left the country with a surplus, Bush is the one who left the recession.

Jake

Comment

No when Clinton left office he left office with a huge recession... don't you remember when Bush took office he started all the tax cuts, and even started giving tax payers checks to jump the economy. The whole entire last year of Clinton the economy was in the tank. I give Bush a lot of credit he got the country out of a recession despite the fact that 911 happened within the first 7 months of him being President. You would think that would sink the country even deeper but it didn't.

Bush doesn't get the credit he deserves.

At any rate I'll throw another curve ball out there...

HERE IS THE THING YOU SHOULD REALLY BE WORRIED ABOUT... if we attack Iran which I hope we do as to prevent them from getting THE BOMB gas prices might shoot up to 5 dollars or more per gallon. Let me also say that I hope we can work something out with them and prevent another middle east conflict but I just don't see it being avoided at all... its going to happen. Gas is already heading to $4.00 per gallon and if it gets up in the $5.00 a gallon range that could have a huge impact on everything we do as Americans.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
                  Actually, Clinton left the country with a surplus, Bush is the one who left the recession.

Jake
                  Sorry you got that flipped there Larry, under good ole Bush the Fed deficit doubled while under Clinton we had a 127bil surplus and unemployment was 4.7% He doesn't get any credit cuz he didn't do anything with the lowest approval rating in history at 22%.

Why do we have to pick up the tab on Iran when we've just been chasing ghosts in the desert for the past decade? The real solution is moving from fossil fuel to electric which is more efficient and was actually invented first. Problem with this is companies haven't figured out how to charge you for sunshine yet. Heck hydrogen fuel cells are better too. I know a guy with a stage 4 300hp audi with 100k miles on the first cell.

Comment

Working...
                  X