Who was the genius who said...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the genius who said...

Way back when we promoted up and down that our industry could and should have its own show... after countless posts claiming it could never be done, there wasn't enough vendors, our industry wasn't big enough, we could never generate enough revenue to support our own show, or whatever... who said it would never work that we didn't have enough vendors. Who said that because I think it is time to finally step up and say YUP I WAS WRONG!

Did anyone see this page here: http://www.twevite.com/vr2/shows/hkit12/start.html

This show is now pushing 250 vendors and I'll bet next year it will go over 300. I also remember everyone trying to compare this show to other haunt shows saying they had more vendors or blah, blah, blah... I think now we can all admit this was the best thing that ever happened for the haunted house industry.

I just wish sometimes the naysayers would at least step up and admit when they got it wrong. Eat some crow baby! I personally remember people lined up two miles long blasting me telling me I was a moron for even thinking any of this was possible. I remember people saying they would never go... but now not only does everyone go we are seeing people we never knew existed

I remember saying there was more than monsters and masks that if we had our own show we'd attract other types of business that want to sell to us which would grow the show... I think we got like 5 different ticketing companies, to companies selling ATM machines, to heck people selling cameras to help you with facebook. I can only say I'm more proud of myself and those who didn't listen to all those people who blasted the idea for months.

Let me tell you guys something the same people who don't believe you can do anything you want are the same ones who can't seem to grown their business.. you don't gain anything without taking risks, having a lot of confidence in what you do, and then you can achieve anything. The honest to God's truth is that TW themselves didn't even really believe this was going to take off... but those who did and pushed for this deserve some respect and appreciation for doing what was right for the whole industry.

Now we'll see companies offering you more unique products than ever before... see our industry is better than you thought and no one can deny that now.

Four years later the show is getting bigger, and becoming the event that we can all be proud of so much so that St. Louis City hangs banners up and down the street.

This isn't some small show anymore... this is a major league event!

People can say whatever they want about me, all I know is I was right about this show, about national public relations program, and many other things that associations to groups of people tried to do everything they could to work against me on. Well I'm pretty happy that this industry has a show that is running with the big dogs, that attracts companies like Universal, Six Flags, to anything and everything between.

The world knows about our industry now and it's time for you to push your event to the next level, take advantage of this show and make it work for your benefit!

The one thing I'm going to tell EVERYONE is if you listen to idiots you will fail, if you listen to those morons who always huddle together and conspire against people like myself you limit yourself to only what is right in front of you. My whole entire life I have never accepted second best, the notion you couldn't do something, and have never listened to those who doubt me. I do what I believe in and support what I think is right... and I've NEVER been afraid to fail. You have to reach for your goals and through this years show you can put yourself on that path. Attend the seminars that make sense for you, talk to the people who respect, get as much information as you can, use it all and make it work for you and simply remember there was more people who doubted this would work than there was who thought it would. So what does that tell you?

It tells me this is just another example where we proved to those guys they were WRONG AGAIN! And fact is they will continue to be wrong for years to come while people like YOU pass them by on the road to excellence.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Forgive us O Lord, for we have sinned!

Jake

Comment

Jake,

The point of the post was that those who believe anything can be done will get it done and not to listen to rude people who have nothing better to do but be negative like you just did. Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Even Warren Buffet..

Warren Buffet blew it. He thought everyone should get into buying houses a while back...and missed the big run up in stock market holding houses still falling. He admitted he blew it recently. So If Buffet can admit he blew it and eat crow...others can too.

See you in St. Louis!

Off subject (forgive me Larry) - I just hope Buffet admits he blew it in his recent editorial that the media and White House quote him PARTIALLY on. All they want to say is" tax the rich part" and ignore he said it would be asinine to tax the rich and not tackle unfunded entitlements. Hope he buys ads this fall ripping the networks a new one for twisting what he said and calling it the Buffet Rule.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Sometimes I ramble (LOL) but the point stands a lot of people in this industry BLEW IT just because they wanted to be against someone or because it wasn't their idea or because who knows why. What makes me sick is to listen to all the negative people all the time who try to shoot down every practical or logical idea presented or people who huddle up posing an association or just some group who thinks everything you do is wrong. If you listen to these people you go backwards.

My point is don't listen to groups, or negative people collect the information, make rational logical choices, and never be afraid to take the risk because when you do your homework you'll realize that you are right more often than you'll be wrong.

During the show you have a chance to take in a lot of information, and a lot of people will gossip as they always do, people will have different idea's on how something should be done... listen to common sense!

You win every single time!

Because if we listened to all the negative people we wouldn't have this show right now, we'd probably be in Houston as some after thought in the corner of the room with vendors paying $2500 a booth, so you'd see about half the stuff you see now with no one even trying to find new products for you! Believe in yourself, your business, what you do and what is best for the industry as a whole then roll the dice!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

What I said was meant to be a joke actually, nothing negative intended sorry.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
              Forgive us O Lord, for we have sinned!

Jake
              Did you make an account before or after you destroyed Stormwind?
              Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
              X