Thoughts on a building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a building

Ok guys. So we had everything going for us on this huge, HUGE empty building beside a factory. The city inspector even said "although it's not the right zoning, you can do your haunt" We got the OK from the FM and everything. BUT the ONE man, that was only %15 percent partner in the ownership, said NO!

We've heard no before, sure, but it was our #1 spot and was almost done deal! Now, we've gotten back to one building. It's a LARGE Gym from an old school. Here's the history.

School got abandoned because the town is like a ghost town now. They have less than like... 40 homes or something in the town, most of those are probably abandoned now too. The only thing left is farmers. One of the long term residents bought the building and sold the school as parts so to speak. They tore the school down for the lumber and rubble etc. He turned the Gym into a dance. Twice. Now it's been empty for almost 8 years. I talked to the guy, he seemed VERY interested. Seemed to like the idea very much.

Now, my issue is this. There's really not a fire dept. , no police station, it's literally just a ghost town. The guy said he had never had any problems with anyone while having his dance, no inspectors, no fire marshal issues, nothing.

Here's the thing. I have volunteer fire dept. on my side, adn they're close by. IF something happens, they can be on the spot in very little time. There are also 6 exits in this building.

Does this sound like something I should jump on? It's literally right at a ten minute drive from 2 major towns with maybe 175k in a few minutes drive.

As far as we've been able to find, no one has annexed this place or anything. It's out of city limits of everything around, it's basically all county. What you think? Yay? Nay? think we'll have problems? Or should we do what that guy's done and just build and load up?

Thanks for any insight.

Dewayne

Normally it's a 50% vote to pass on almost anything else nothing in the whole world get done. If you like the first place tell the guy he's out voted as a minority share holder.

Comment

Well, it's a realtor and his friend that he's helping get into the business. His friend only owns a small percentage, but the building is 900k dollars. So his friend has a lot invested, especially for a newb at the game. So we completely understand. I don't want any friendships hurt over it. The thing is, they're hoping it'll sell to the neighboring train manufacturiing plant next door.

The guy's been helpful in finding us another building though too. He's opted for us to have a 2800sq ft building that usually leases 2 years at a time for $2,500 a month. He'll let us have it for $1,000 a month if we need it. But, it has only 20 parking spaces! Ther'es a lot across the street though 2 blocks down.

Dewayne

Comment

Yikes! I'd avoid that parking. Actors take up 30 parking spaces! lol

Comment

lol, ya. Well IF we HAD to do that building, we would make our actors park elsewhere, like the lot next to us. It has about 20ish or so. It's a GREAT location, just barely parking and it's not a very big building. I think it's 2800ft or something.

BUT!! It's the right zoning, FM don't care and the guy would make a deal with us to pay after season! So for a first haunt, it could be a great last resort!

Dewayne

Comment

Working...
          X