suicide scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suicide scenario

So - I really don't want this to be an argument forum, I know it's not for everyone - just want some tips on how to make the effect happen. After seeing the cost, and reading some of the negative feedback about haunted enterprises, I'd like to try to make it myself - any insight on where to begin would be fantastic. Thanks!
    Good deals with : brad, smiley, capt. chaos, fables studios

www.fearthegallows.com

Originally posted by carnagecrew View Post
    So - I really don't want this to be an argument forum, I know it's not for everyone - just want some tips on how to make the effect happen. After seeing the cost, and reading some of the negative feedback about haunted enterprises, I'd like to try to make it myself - any insight on where to begin would be fantastic. Thanks!
    And for the uninitiated, could you be a little more detailed or thorough in your explanation of what you are looking for?

C.

Comment

Might be referring to Haunted Enterprises setup, I cant find a direct link to it on there website though...

http://limbohaunt.com
      Twitter: @LimboHaunt

Comment

Look up monster tronics. Although tacky as all hell, I think they did a custom setup for Ethan from Hundred Acres Manor in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Dont believe there site actually has products on it, not even to view from what I remember.
          http://limbohaunt.com
          Twitter: @LimboHaunt

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Calhoun View Post
            Might be referring to Haunted Enterprises setup, I cant find a direct link to it on there website though . . .
            Ah. Interesting.

C.

Comment

yep - that's the effect I was referring to, sorry should have been more specific. any ideas?

www.fearthegallows.com

Comment

Suicide scenario

I have this exact setup from haunted enterprises. It consists of the following

1 airtank
                Maestro 2 prop controller
                Doorbell trigger
                Sprinkler valve

Basically it is just a air cannon but it also has a sprinkler valve that shoots water when it is triggered. It pulls water from a holding tank. I have not had any issues with haunted enterprises. Really for the cost they sell it for your not saving much.

Buck
                Capt.Chaos
                Fear Asylum Haunted House
                Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Just buy it. If you have a way to improve the design then do so and make it yourself. Or rip them off but mail them $20 for giving you the idea. Ideas are worth $20, its the trial and error to make them happen that gets expensive. If you are willing to pay for the trial and error then go ahead and mail them $20.
                  Allen H
                  Last edited by Allen H; 11-20-2012, 09:28 PM.
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

HAHA! I love that, Allen, and totally agree. Ideas should be worth at least $20. The sad part is there are few who agree, and even fewer who understand what theft of concept is.
                    -Mat

Comment

That is a great idea, but I think that the 20 bucks should go to the Hoochie. I'm pretty sure that they were the first to do it, they have been doing that gag for as long as I can remember.
                      www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

The "Person" Who Understands..

"Theft Concept" will always be known bestby the person that had the idea stolen from them.
                        I was standing right behind a customer and his girlfriend (they didn't know that I was there) as they were seeing my video in my first room as she turned to him and said:"You could do that down at The Club Friday night!"
                        An over-weight young man in a very expensive suit with shiney shoes has to drive 3 hours away from Chicago to Steal an idea from the likes of me!?
                        P A T H E T I C...
                        I could only Hope that someone in his audience had already been here and had seen my video first.
                        I didn't get "$20 from him, maybe $5 admision to my house..
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

the only reason I haven't purchased the effect are the reviews on here saying they never received items from the company - the last thing I want is to buy something and not get it. They're the only company I could find making the effect - hence why I'd like to try to make it myself. Not attempting to "steal" anything.

www.fearthegallows.com

Comment

Carnage, then if that is the case. I would contact a reputable vendor like Frightprops, Distortions, or DC props and tell them the effect you want (dont mention who makes it) and ask them to put together a set up for you. That way they will approach the concept in a different way and possibly add a vendor for a similar effect. And If you are asking how to replicate a companies product, then you are ripping them off. Im not saying dont do it, Im saying you should send them $20.
                            Allen H
                            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareAftershockLLC View Post
                              Look up monster tronics. Although tacky as all hell, I think they did a custom setup for Ethan from Hundred Acres Manor in Pittsburgh.
                              Monstertronics has never done anything for us.

We used a HE Suicide Scenario for 2 years. It's a simple prop. It's amazing a company can get so cheap that they can screw up such a simple prop. We were sent mostly used parts, the few parts that were new were of shite quality. The airhose was dry rotten, it blew apart the second I plugged it in to a (regulated) air line. The speaker wire that they were using to connect the switch to the controller looked like it had been laying in a field for 10 years, insulation literally falling off of it, looks to be UV damaged. The controller was dirty and had globs of paint on it. The air tank appeared to also be used, that or it had set on a shelf for the last 5 years. The check valve and power supply, while new, were of crap quality. The power supply failed shortly after install and the check valve leaked like a sieve. This isn't the first terrible prop we've ever got from them, but it will be the last!

Anyhow, we stopped doing the suicide scenario because it's a cheap shock scare. I came up with a better plan this year and it worked great. NightmareAftershock, if you're referring to the setup that we had this year, that was all custom built by me. The controller is a Prop1 using 3 POT's, small 12v pump to feed the charge tube, 2 solenoids, 1 for the water valve (so it doesn't blow back into the reservoir) and one for the air blast. I spent more time learning how to program the Prop1 than it took me to build the rest of the controller setup or mechanics of it. I'm not a huge fan of the Prop1's, but they have their place for very custom stuff where I want realtime analog controls.
                              -Brandon Kelm
                              Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X